PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think Your Mom Knows and/or Knew But..............

Suzy Parker
04-01-2016, 11:58 PM
If you started out dressing in your mothers clothes like many here probably did, never got caught wearing them, do you think she knew and never said anything. I started dressing at about age 6 in my mothers clothes and never got caught. I was always very careful to return everything to its proper place when finished. Mom was a very neat and tidy person though. I know I could never have returned everything to its proper place and folded exactly how she would do no matter how hard I tried. I often wonder if she knew and just never said anything to me thinking I would just grow out of it. I wonder about that to this day.

Hey Mom, I Never Grew Out Of It!

Sarah Louise
04-02-2016, 01:49 AM
Yes, I think there's a chance that she knew. Certainly, she saw the first time I wore her tights when I was four. My older brother thought it was a good idea for us to try them on and show her and my Dad. One day, when I was about nine, I under-dressed in a pair of her tights, but had a hole in my socks . She saw that I was wearing them and made a jokey comment. I ran upstairs horrified and nothing was said about it again.

However, later, I'm less sure. When I was a teenager, I 'borrowed' a couple of pairs of her tights and kept these under my bed. I suspect it's more likely than not that she would have come across these when she was changing my bedding or something. I would also occasionally try on her dresses but was always careful to put them back where they were hanging.

So honestly, I don't know, but I think there's a good chance she knew. If she did, I doubt it was anything she worried about.

Jane G
04-02-2016, 01:52 AM
Well unfortunately I got caught and ridiculed and punished. So yes she new:sigh:

Diane Smith
04-02-2016, 02:04 AM
My mom had to know I was constantly exploring her closets and drawers, but never said a thing. At 6 - 10 years old, there's no way I could have always been perfect about putting everything back exactly in its place, even though I tried to be sneaky to the best of my ability at the time.

I do know she was OK with some gender experimentation around the margins -- she would put nail polish and lipstick on me occasionally, didn't object when I got my ears pierced, and bought me a pair of heels once -- but she never saw me in lingerie or fully dressed as far as I know.

- Diane

reb.femme
04-02-2016, 02:39 AM
Mine didn't know but knew someone had been in her draws. She thought my dad had been looking for something. Oops! If she'd known. I'd have known when she was spitting bile and every form of insult in my direction.

I've said many times before, my parents rejected my son when he told them he was gay.

Becky

bridget thronton
04-02-2016, 02:46 AM
I think she might have known

trisha kobichenko
04-02-2016, 02:55 AM
Probably not, since although I did wear her clothes, I also had a couple of sisters to share the blame for not putting things back absolutely perfectly.

PaulaQ
04-02-2016, 03:20 AM
My mom knew. She found my clothes when I was a kid. She was unsurprised when I came out as trans.

Rachelakld
04-02-2016, 03:38 AM
My mum use to wash, iron & fold my clothes.
She also knew my secrete location for Penthouse & Play Boy mags were.
She was a great woman

Paula_56
04-02-2016, 05:35 AM
I thought I was sly and put everything back perfectly however I was caught a few times and told to keep away from her things. She gave up and then she start storing her older clothes in my closet, hmmmm???

I think she figured this way I'd wear her old things and leave her new stuff alone

I heard her talking one night to her sister that she thought I might be gay

So yeah she knew, Heck think how tuned in one is to your kids

Kiersten
04-02-2016, 05:49 AM
i would definitely say she knew. I think she figured it was a phase i was going through and i would grow out of it.

sometimes_miss
04-02-2016, 06:32 AM
My mother did not know about my crossdressing until I told her when I was going through my divorce, to head off my vicious ex wife being the bearer of that news. If she was to know, I wanted it coming from me. Mom was horrified when I told her; I'll never forget the look on her face. After that, she preferred to pretend I never told her anything about it. Many years later, when I picked up one of her clothing catalogs that came in the mail, and looked through it, she looked at me with disgust and said, "You're not still doing that, are you?". Immediately I knew how she felt about me. And I never forgot again.

Jess S.
04-02-2016, 06:45 AM
My mom caught me, dressed in pantyhose and a slip. She may have told my Dad but he never said anything.
I am sure it got them thinking oh no what next.

Mykaa
04-02-2016, 07:02 AM
Yes both my parents knew, I dont think my Father approves either, I have had the stigma of name calling to deal with a long time. As careful as a child can be they knew for a long time. My Mom officially knows as she has cleaned my house before, and yes Ive told her. I can say this my Mom is happy that Im happy. I directly told my Mom just recently, Im tired of not expressing at least some of me. I got a new haircut last weekend and it seems I get noticed a lot more than in the past, could me the new me is just getting notice even though Im not dressed all the time.

heathr1
04-02-2016, 07:13 AM
Oh yes, mother knew I dressed. I don't know whether she knew I wore her leather mini skirt, denim skirt and tried a couple of her lipsticks, but she found my skirts hidden in my bedroom one day and sympathetically asked me about them. She promised to tell nobody and offered support. I denied they were mine and claimed to know nothing about them, although it was clear I was lying.

No more was ever mentioned. I know she looks disappointed and confused when she sees a crossdresser on television or in the street.

Danielle_cder
04-02-2016, 07:35 AM
Yep my mom knew, still knows comes over all the time doesn't bat an eye when she sees me. Love you mom!!

mykell
04-02-2016, 07:36 AM
i could safely say mine did not know, parents divorced when i was 2, but i was not as covert as i thought, my family knew as well as friends, i stayed in denial about that....

an interesting thing developed after she passed, when cleaning out her apartment we found a trans handbook and nursing instructions for care of the author of the book.....A HANDBOOK FOR TRANSSEXUALS by PAULA GROSSMAN, it was published privately in 1979, mom had taken care of this women....

I Am Paula
04-02-2016, 07:36 AM
Mom claims she didn't know, but when I came out as trans, she put it all together. A lifetime of clues.

wendy
04-02-2016, 07:39 AM
my mom knew as she caught me in her dress. I thought she would tell my dad but she never did.

Krisi
04-02-2016, 08:20 AM
I'm sure my parents knew. They never said anything specific though.

MarciManseau
04-02-2016, 08:21 AM
My mother definitely knew. My older sister was always dressing me up in her things, which I loved to do, and mom always told us not to do it again, but she never really seemed to mean it, and she never punished us. When I was about 12, she just gave up trying to stop us. I think she realized how hopeless it was. She worked 2nd shift as a nurse so most of the time we were on our own. That made is very easy for us to get all dressed up in pretty things. To this day, my sister still loves to see me in a new outfit. I adore her :)

Heidi Stevens
04-02-2016, 08:38 AM
Like a few of the other ladies here, mom knew because she caught me in one of her dresses. She did tell my dad and I got "the talk". Well it really didn't stop me and when I got caught the next time, mom tried to knock some since into me. That didn't work either, but I did leave her stuff alone and managed to hide my own from her. Or so I think? It never came up again over the next 40 years until her passing.

CarlaWestin
04-02-2016, 09:12 AM
I thought I was sly and put everything back perfectly however......................I think she figured this way I'd wear her old things and leave her new stuff alone

Yep, that's how it was for me.

Amy Lynn3
04-02-2016, 09:13 AM
My Mom caught me so many times she had to know. She told my Dad and then they both had the talk with me. My older sister and brother just made fun of me and called me names, which shoved me deeper in the closet.

rockerreds
04-02-2016, 09:24 AM
I don't think she knew but she used to say "you'd make a nice girl."

itsnormy
04-02-2016, 09:25 AM
To my knowledge my mother never knew, only my oldest sister, and that came about accidentally. We had decided as kids to go trick-or-treating as each other. We went in the bedroom, undressed, I grabbed her panties off the bed, put them on and got the biggest erection of my young life. She stood and stared, started to laugh, wanted to touch it. It was an awesome feeling. She let me take her panties from time to time to watch it happen again. It was our secret til her death....but her gifts kept on giving.

ChristinaK
04-02-2016, 09:30 AM
Don't know what my mom thought. She did take clothes I had hidden from under my bed several times and I wouldn't be surprised if my sister noticed her clean clothes had been worn, but nobody ever said anything.

At that time I figured I was the only boy in the world that was such a deviant and great guilt and shame came with it, but I loved it too and couldn't stop.

Giselle(Oshawa)
04-02-2016, 09:43 AM
like rockerreds said i don't think my mom knew but she did say "you should have been a girl" as i used to walk on my tip toes as a child

Michala
04-02-2016, 10:15 AM
If my mom knew she never said anything. Then again, how could she not know that her drawers and hanging clothes were different. One thing I did do is try to wear her clothing that was in the wash. That way it was already in a pile and less likely to notice anything different. One thing that was impossible to get back to normal were the stretched out nylons. Yes nylons with garters, not all her hose was pantyhose then. There again if they were on the floor in a pile, less likely to notice. Like others, I thought I was the only deviant boy that liked to wear girls clothes back then even though I was definitely masculine and very athletic. I never did tell my mother but I'm sure she would have accepted me. Didn't know that at the time but over time and later in life I'm sure my mom would have accepted anything I did unless it was morally wrong or illegal. My dad died at to early of an age for me to know how he would have handled it.

tifftg
04-02-2016, 10:24 AM
She caught me once and that my have reinforced some suspicions she might have had. I got very good at hiding. In the mid and late 60's it was not an option to be open.

Erica Marie
04-02-2016, 10:34 AM
Ok, as all of who have children know. Mothers know EVERYTHING, it is just how many time have they told us. My mom found my stash, she confronted me about it, but not in a bad way. She let is go and never brought it up again. I still wonder 30 some years later does she still know, or did she think it passed. Also I wonder if she ever told my dad, he never asked or made any mention about it.

Charlyne
04-02-2016, 10:36 AM
That is a great question Suzy! I have wondered about that. I have memory of being caught wearing her bathrobe in the garage; maybe my first experience crossdressing.

Mark/Rebecca
04-02-2016, 10:53 AM
I think my parents knew, and possibly my sisters. No one really discussed it with me. My mother died when I was 18, and I sometimes think about what she would have felt about it. I am certain that later in life I would have talked with her about it. I would've wanted to know if she still loved and accepted the person she raised to adulthood. I just feel that maybe we would have been close.

Wendy me
04-02-2016, 11:05 AM
for sure she knew lol i had a stash she moved around on me took away things and put things in there she realy messed with my head lol yar for sure she knew............

TracyUK
04-02-2016, 11:27 AM
ChristinaK, your story is the same as mine. My mother found my stash more that once when cleaning my room but she always put it back folded and never said a word about it. I too thought I was the only one doing this.

Alice Torn
04-02-2016, 11:31 AM
I think my mom and sister knew, because my mom tried to get me to go to a "shrink" right around that time i was exploring their clothes, and hosiery. She did not mention it, but is strongly suspect she knew. I think for sure, now, that my father was told by her, too, as he was very hostile to me for years, but never mentioned it.

Lily Catherine
04-02-2016, 11:42 AM
My mum outed me more than once. She would rather have it that Lily never see the light of day, although to her credit she has at least acknowledged it, even if she never explicitly asks about it even now. Out of respect for my parents, I would never crossdress in their presence, and I have no intention to force it upon them even though I have entertained the thought. To totally hide this part of me would be just as much dishonoring them as would imposing it on them.

Love you lots Mum. Thanks for putting up with my nonsense.

Chelsea B
04-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Looking back, my mom must have known, as I am sure she would have noticed things not being put back exactly where they were, and other items, like panty hose and stockings, being stretched or showing garter impressions. She never said anything, as was customary in my family.
One day, I was fully dressed in her things, when, not having realized it was my dad's day off, he walked in to the house. I had to quickly make my way to the bathroom, saying I was taking a shower. I quickly changed, but had no where to put most of the things. The dress ended up in the basement hanging in a seasonal wardrobe, which can't have gone unnoticed, and the rest, I had to smuggle out in a bag and toss. There is no way my mom didn't figure that one out!

susan54
04-02-2016, 11:47 AM
I always suspected that my mother knew because she knew everything. When she found me in my twenties wearing a dress she was shocked and said she had never suspected.

raeleen
04-02-2016, 11:59 AM
I feel like my mom must have at least suspected. She would discover some of her clothes out of place, or wrinkled, and though my teenage self thought I was being super sneaky, in retrospect, I was pretty obvious. She confronted me once about her clothes being out of place, but of course I denied it. I wonder if life would have been different if we could have just had an open conversation about it.

Stephanie47
04-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Probably....more than probably.

My mother hanged her nylon slips to dry in our apartments sole bathroom and on a clothesline that was strung down the hallway leading to the bedrooms. I loved the feel of nylon. It had nothing to do with wanting to be a girl. I just loved nylon. My liking for nylon evolved into cross dressing, although I'm pretty sure I had to be "wired" to become a wearer of women's clothing. Anyway, I would fondle the nylon while on the clothesline. Then I evolved into taking a nylon slip off the drying rack and trying it on. Then I discovered mom wore nylon floor length nightgowns. I tried those on. Still it was the feel of the fabric. I think up to that time she would not have known because it was easy to just take a slip off the drying rack, wear it and put it back.

I don't know why I delved into her lingerie draw, but, I did. I discovered bras, girdles and panties. I tried those on. In retrospect I suppose I never put those garments back exactly as she had placed them. BUT, the big giveaway would have been when I busted a bra strap on her one and only black bra. Back in those days stretch had not been introduced into bra bands and straps. I just freaked. There was nothing to do but put it back and play stupid. Mom did not say a word, but, she had to know.

The closest I ever came to being discovered wearing her clothes was when I was mid teens. I thought I had everything covered...time wise. I was wearing one of my mom's summer dresses that had been in the laundry bag. I misjudged how fast the elevator would get to the sixth floor. I had put the security chain on the apartment door. I had to strip off the dress and put my boy clothes on while my father tried to break through the security chain. I played stupid when I finally opened the door. I was in the bathroom. I think they were trying to catch me, and, I'm sure my father would have beaten the crap out of me, and, my mother would have cheered him on.

Both were totally against homosexuality. Back then cross-dressing = homosexuality.

Once my mother made a comment that her can of hairspray was emptying too fast. Why I tried her hairspray when I had relatively short hair, I don't know. I won't even try to justify using her makeup based on the outcome. Yuck!

I'm sure they knew, but, did not have the balls to confront their son.

Jenny22
04-02-2016, 12:51 PM
I never went through my mom's drawers or closet. I was satisfied by temporarily wearing her and my older sisters clothing that were in the laundry hamper. I never got caught by anyone.

reb.femme
04-02-2016, 01:15 PM
My mother definitely knew. My older sister was always dressing me up in her things, which I loved to do, and mom always told us not to do it again, but she never really seemed to mean it...To this day, my sister still loves to see me in a new outfit. I adore her :)

I wish my mum had been like this and can I borrow your sister Marci?

The only sister I could have told, died four years back from cancer. The other one is very old hat and her attitudes to anything out of the norm, are dated to say the least.

Becky

Newcdguy
04-02-2016, 02:31 PM
She knew. There was no way I was as good at putting her things back as I thought I was.

bimini1
04-02-2016, 02:46 PM
My mom and I have a long history of this going back to about 1990 when I came out to her at 25. Looking back I should not have done that. I was doing a lot of dope at the time and got high one night and told her of my struggles with it. She said she saw no signs of that even when I confessed to wearing her clothes in my youth.
About that time she found some missing clothes of hers in my room and went through the roof (rightly so I might add). My only regrets thru this whole thing is not having the resources/intestinal fortitude to go out and buy my own stuff. I've made peace with the fact that I stole things.
I never got caught in the act. I had this "sixth sense" that went off whenever she was close to home, that was a trip too, I would get this uncanny feeling and I swear every time it was totally on point.
To this day she says nothing about it but is unafraid to let me know her unaccepting feelings on the LGBT crowd.
Lately I've been trying to see it from her side. I don't think any mom wants this for her son. If she asked me about it now, I'd let her go to her grave believing it's no longer a part of my life.

Judy-Somthing
04-02-2016, 02:55 PM
In our attic there were two unused bed rooms with two closets full of dresses and boxes of bras, panties, girdles, slips, etc.
It was cross-dresser's heaven.
My mother figured out something was going on and said it was a phase I was going through.
I keep wondering when this phase will be over!

Jennifer0874
04-02-2016, 04:14 PM
Yes my mom knew. She was very accepting. Almost relieved that I wasn't like my father. When my sister left for college I got into the clothes she left behind and I wasn't very good at covering my tracks. Since we were the only two living there and she wasn't wearing my sister's clothes obviously it was me.

She went as far as taking some of my sister's clothes and putting them away in the back of my closet. I could be very open with her and she saw me dressed many times.

Bea A
04-02-2016, 04:32 PM
Mine absolutely knew. I can still hear "if you sleep with a man, I'll kill you" like it was yesterday.

JeanTG
04-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Knew? Heck she was the one who started making me wear tights and called me her "little girl".

T. Fonda
04-02-2016, 05:21 PM
She gave me a pair of pantyhose when I was 5 yrs old. I wore them around the house as much as I could. Suddenly they were gone. When I asked her for another pair she scolded me. In jr high, she suspected me of putting a run in her hose, which I did. In high school she found a pair of hose in my bedroom. She knew. I often wish I would've confided in her about my desire to crossdress. But then again I'm sure she wouldn't have understood

Steph_CD_62
04-02-2016, 06:38 PM
My mom had an idea that I would borrow her clothes now and then, but she was never 100% sure until one time when my now ex-wife kicked me out. She took ALL of my clothes put them in paper bags and then threw them into my parents yard. It was kind of hard not to admit it. Even though both my parents knew, we never discussed my dressing.

Jennie2
04-02-2016, 06:43 PM
I think my mum had a clue, she once gave me a pink nightie to wear when I had run out of clean pyjamas.

Dutchess
04-02-2016, 06:45 PM
I am SURE my estranged husbands mom knew although I am sure he is still in 100% denial at 52.
I mean really...
They lived in a 3 story house in the Netherlands which looks like a townhouse in the US or an attached house in the UK . His bedroom was the only room on the third floor . He snuck her clothes all the time and once was dressed in a 3 piece dress outfit with her hose and EVERYTHING when he was a teenager. She came upstairs and he shed the clothes asap and hid them under his bed ... a few days later they were magically back in her closet ..... but no ... she never knew ;)

Dana3
04-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Don't know what my mom thought. She did take clothes I had hidden from under my bed several times and I wouldn't be surprised if my sister noticed her clean clothes had been worn, but nobody ever said anything.

At that time I figured I was the only boy in the world that was such a deviant and great guilt and shame came with it, but I loved it too and couldn't stop.

Through out the course of my Life? I've always have felt this way!

claire_hollinger
04-02-2016, 09:00 PM
My mother made it a part of juvenile probation that I couldn't CD, but an attorney quickly threatened civil rights stuff, and they dropped it.

alwayshave
04-02-2016, 09:54 PM
Thinking back on it, I am sure my mother knew. There were somethings that I borrowed that she eventually moved. At the time I thought the reasons for the move was that she figured it out.

Karmen
04-02-2016, 10:17 PM
I think she knows but she acts as she doesn't know. She is very curious person and I'm sure she went through my closets when I was still living at home and found clothes or at least shoes, since I had at least 10 pairs even back than.

Georgette_USA
04-02-2016, 11:39 PM
I know my mother did. When I was about 12, got caught breaking into homes to steal stuff. Had to see a Pysch for awhile. Other times she would find small stashes of clothes. She didn't say much, guess she figured it would pass.

When I came out to her at 24 as a TG/TS guess she figured it wasn't just a phase and not unexpected. She would then sing that silly song of "Georgy Girl" from the film with Lynn Redgrave, I wish, at times. She was very supportive of me and was the BIRTH Daughter she always wanted, and was supposed to be ( Long story there ). Found out after she died, she wished I was more of a girly girl and not wear pants so much.

suzanne
04-03-2016, 02:11 PM
I think my mom knows something about me is different, but doesn't want a conversation about it. A couple of years ago, there was a family funeral. She took an opportunity to go for a drive one on one with me. During that time, she confessed to me that I wasn't her first child, that when she was a teenager, she had a baby and gave him up for adoption. It was a difficult admission for her to make; she had been keeping it to herself for over fifty years.

I saw this as a chance to make my own confession. But as I began, she cut me off and changed the subject. A couple of minutes later, I tried to begin again and was again cut off. My conclusion was that, since she is an ultra conservative Bible Belt-style Christian, she sees no difference between "crossdresser" and "gay", which in some circles seems to be the greatest crime of our time.

So I dropped the subject. Did she notice her clothes and lingerie were disturbed somehow while she left her teenaged son alone in the house? I thought I covered my tracks well, since there was never any talk of a transgression, but now I'm not so sure. Is she afraid of how to deal me now? It sure looks like it to me.

JenniferR771
04-03-2016, 02:32 PM
I am pretty sure my mom knew. Maybe my brother tattled on me. She threatened to send me to a shrink to get my head on straight. In those days, it was considered gay and very evil. But I said it was only curiosity and just a phase. Promised it would never happen again. And I became better at hiding it. I mentioned it when she was 96 in a nursing home--showed her a pic or two. She was not happy--but her memory was pretty far gone. Not likely she remembered by the next day.

Leslie Langford
04-03-2016, 02:32 PM
Of course Mom knows/knew. It's called "female intuition". Momma Bear always knows what's up with her cubs. Duh! ;) :)

melissalynn
04-03-2016, 04:53 PM
There was an incident where my mother found a couple of pairs of her pantyhose in a place where they should not have been. I have no recollection of how I explained it to her except that it didn't even begin to approach a cogent one. At the time, I didn't think the truth was the right approach. If she figured it out then, she elected not to pursue the subject.

StacyCD
04-03-2016, 05:03 PM
I'm pretty sure my Mom knew. However, it was never discussed. I'm pretty sure that she thought it was a phase that I would grow out of.

BettyMorgan
04-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Moms always know. Period.

Jennifer in CO
04-03-2016, 11:36 PM
long story...but oh yeah. kinda became a DADT situation

Jeri Ann
04-04-2016, 05:33 AM
She knew because she caught me several times. In her girdle once, another time in a slip and once, maybe twice, putting on lipstick.

I was four or five years old. It was a horrible experience each time. She was so mean to me. It upsets me to think about it to this day.

Jeri

alwayshave
04-04-2016, 06:06 AM
My mom knew, she found my stash several times over the years.

Raychel
04-04-2016, 06:08 AM
Yeh, Mom knew, She found a stash under my bed a couple of times.
then when I was older I came out to her. She claimed that she did not know.
But she really did. I found out details later on that told me she really knew.

Did not change our relationship at all. God I miss her. She was my best friend. :sad:

binair10
04-04-2016, 07:03 AM
I was never caught but I had one or two narrow misses. I used to wear her one and only evening dress when I was about 12 y/o. It was the first and only item of hers that I would wear when I first explored her wardrobe. Fitted me like a glove as we were both the same size. Other items came later.

Nothing was ever said to me but she must have known, but I don`t think my father was aware of it as he never said anything. If he had known I would have been banished to the farthest reaches of the planet.

As many others have said mothers know everything about their children. I feel that their upbringing had a bearing on how they viewed what you were doing.

I would have loved to have had a discussion with her about my dressing before she passed.

Julie.

cdterri
04-04-2016, 01:31 PM
Both mom and dad knew but after several times catching me they just ignored it until I came home taking hormones and wearing a dress

Tina_gm
04-05-2016, 10:25 AM
I didn't dress when I was a child. My mother, while accepting of gay people, does not believe in transgender. She feels they are confused gay people, and thinks that anyone who transitions is confused and is into mutilation and has intense self hatred and needs therapy. (guess telling my mother is probably not on the radar) I was a feminine boy growing up, so if I had dressed, it probably wouldn't have been a big shock to her, although she would have only thought I was gay and should accept being gay and not try to be a girl.

GenieGirl
04-05-2016, 08:52 PM
My mom caught me twice when I was a kid and fussed out about it. She wonders if I might be gay from time to time. These days she always questions if I am trans when I visit since I look more like a girl than a guy over the past few years....

ashley-2501
04-06-2016, 02:13 AM
OH my mom knows. I have never been caught but women's underwear, a black skirt and a pair of pajama bottoms in the washing machine over the years. and advertisements!! targeted advertisements from places online shops that feel compelled to send offers to my billing address and not my Po Box!!! .. like the effort to get victoria secret adds off my face book is nothing like trying to stop shoppers drug mart or beyond the rack targeted adds. my mom actually wants the dress from Long and tall sally which is awkward with a customer number and catalog code..( I do not live at Moms anymore but I move so frequently it's still my address)

DebsUK
04-06-2016, 02:48 AM
I'm certain my mother did know. She said one day she wanted to keep a pair of tights in one of my drawers "for storage", which doesn't make sense. I figured this was some sort of test or trap (she wasn't very accepting of anything she didn't see as "normal" and is even worse now) and never touched them. She had a new pair of tights in one of our kitchen cupboards one time and they were there for years. I eventually comandeered them as I figured she'd forgotten about them (she may have done at that time, but again I suspect they may have been a plant). There were other odd references she made which seemed out of place. She never said anything up front though, which any well-balanced, supportive parent might have done.

*edit* I should say she never caught me in flagrante femina (excuse the pig-Latin). I was always WAY too careful for that LOL

Sheila11
04-06-2016, 09:25 PM
My mom never knew until just last year. For the first time in 55 years she caught me fully dressed.

Laura28
04-06-2016, 10:19 PM
Honestly i dont know, i always suspected she did but he has been for thirty eight years now, i am sure she new something was going with her things she worked three days a week late after noon to early eveing and that was my time to try on her stuff. I have oftern wondered and if she did i am very glad she never confronted me it would have been very tramitic for then.

Michelle123
04-07-2016, 07:25 AM
My mother has known for yrs. Actually since my early teens, as I was caught several times. At the time, I had a stepfather who was a mean person, to both me, and my mother. As a result, my mother was not very tolerant of my dressing. She divorced this man a few yrs. later, and remarried a few yrs. later. many yrs. passed, and mother and I never really discussed my dressing, but she did know I was still doing it. All that changed around 7 yrs. ago, when we finally had the discussion.
I was so surprised, and happy to learn that she never really had a problem with it, and had it not been for her current husband at the time when I was young, she probably would have allowed me to dress at home when I was a teen. She even explained to me that she knew it was a "need" that I had to satisfy. Well, that just floored me to say the least. my current stepfather at the time was in ill health, and spent most of the time in bed. It was at this time during my yearly visit with her, that I just came out and asked if I might dress in my room while there. she said yes without hesitation. I was underdressed most of the time anyway during my visits, and I let her know this. Since my stepfather was bedridden for most of the time, I could dress somewhat freely in the house, Shorts, with nude stockings, bra under shirt, but not fully, as we never knew when he may emerge from the bedroom to get a drink, go to bathroom, etc.
Well, the following yr., my stepfather was placed in a nursing home after having a stroke. Now, it was just mother at home when I made my yearly visit. It was at this time that she told me I would be free to dress around the house. I must say this was a great relief to me, being able to be myself with my mother. Something I had wished for for many yrs. I really had no idea that this would ever really come to pass. My first time being fully dressed around her was both exciting, and scary for me though I must say.
The first thing she commented on was my rather old fashioned way of dressing. I wore ff seamed stockings, and she commented that she hadn't seen them in many yrs. But she had lots of compliments, saying that I did look nice, and passable as a female.
Well, since that first time, around 7 yrs. ago, I now look forward to my yearly visits with her with great anticipation. I typically stay for about a week, and I stay dressed the whole time in her home. And when we go out, I always underdress. I rarely bother with a skirt, or dress in her home though. Typically, I just wear my corselette, panties, stockings, with a full slip and pumps around the house. I feel totally at ease around her, and she feels the same. I can even do my makeup, wig, nails, etc.
I would also like to add, that I feel so content, and excited being able to dress with my mother, and being accepted by her. Even more so than with my wife. My mother has even told me that she can see the contentment and she is very pleased to see that I am able to do what makes me happy during my visits. I will be visiting her in a few months, and I can tell you, I can't wait.

rian
04-07-2016, 10:25 AM
Dear Suzy
Well all the years I spent at home ,,,I do not think she knew that I did purge her drawers ...luckly for me ,,,Yet she died now ...God bless her soul ....

Katie Lynn cd
04-07-2016, 10:45 AM
My mother new as well. Around age 17, She found my smaller stash in my bed room, but never said anything at the time. But my mother had her way of doing things. A while later (months) we were watching Hollywood Squares as a family. The contestant calls on Paul Lynn and he is dressed as a women. In a very stern tone my mom says "if I were a man I would not be caught dead dressed like that". I just went to my room for the rest of the evening. To this day I think I have resentment for her comments. I believe most people probably have the same attitude. For those of you who have family/friends/SO that still treat you as a normal person, you are very lucky.

vinette
04-07-2016, 11:15 AM
I was never caught as a child/teen but since my Mother's clothing were the only female clothes available she had to know. I was constantly in her panties, wearing her stockings and trying on her girdles. I know that i could never return their original positions. She never said anything to me about it of even hinted that she might know.

Beverley Sims
04-07-2016, 11:39 AM
My Mum found out after I had a brilliant idea to put a padlock on the box that held my stash. :-)

Michelle 78
04-07-2016, 11:52 AM
My Mother never knew as a kid and never caught me as I was always super careful to put things back just right! She knows all about me now as I told her 2 years ago, she didn't have a clue about it before then!

Bobbie1952
04-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Yes she knew. The first time my cousins dressed me you, I didn't want to take off the dress. The next time they were coming over I asked mom to make sure we could play dress up again. We did and mom liked her new little girl. She got some hand me down panties and nighties and put them in my drawer. I was so happy. Mom was my dearest friend and supporter.

josie_S
04-08-2016, 02:17 PM
I think she knew. Someone from her office, as a gag, gave her a negligee as a gift. I remember seeing it and thinking that I couldnt *wait* to try it on! I did! Every so often I'd try it on...then suddenly it was gone. It disappeared. She never said anything to me about it but I have a suspicion that she knew, didn't like it, and purged for me!

Rosemary+
04-08-2016, 02:47 PM
Yes, Mum knew.
She caught me when I was school age in one of her dresses. Then at about 18 y/o, After a night out and with too many beers in my belly, I decided to wear a nightie to bed and I fell asleep , I woke up next morning in the nightie and with a wry smile, mum asked me at breakfast did I find it comfortable sleeping in my nightie, I mumbled some excuse that I bought a girl back and she asked me to put it on, that bought a roll of the eyes from her and a giggle. The next time she caught me, it was a similar scenario, night out , got home and I decided I'll try this lipstick, I lay down, I fall asleep wake next morning go to breakfast with lippy still on and my mum tells me Sh like the shade I'm wearing.
That was the last time I was caught, I decided never to dress and drink after the last time I was caught
Rosie

Angie G
04-08-2016, 02:55 PM
No i don't think she did.:hugs:
Angie

Rita Leigh
04-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Paula_56, just checked out your pictures and I must say...wow and congratulations on a beautiful and classy look. I really like your shorter blonde wig look. I copied this from your profile because it fits me so well. Best wishes on your journey!

I am a lifelong crossdresser and in actually am probably TS. All of my life I've had these feelings, but ignored them for many years. I am happily married and my wife puts up with me, but does not enjoy my dressing. Because of my love for my family, I cannot act on my TS impulses although I would be much happier as a woman.

Rita Leigh

- - - Updated - - -

Now to answer the question...yes, I was caught as a 16-17 year old when my sister found my attic stash and showed it to mom. While I suspect that she knew but she ignored my dressing which started when I was very young. She did confront me after throwing away my "found" female clothes and then asked me if I wanted to be a girl...and I said no (as if that was an option then). She and my stepfather sent me to a shrink who knew nothing about cross dressing and provided no help. I was not honest with anyone until I told my spouse shortly after our marriage. She has tolerated this part of me while ignoring my occasional but private dressing, although I wear panties every day.

Joanne108
04-08-2016, 05:58 PM
I think she knew then. There was a basket with the the family 'hand me downs' that was always stored in my room for about a week or so before heading out the the Goodwill. It seems odd in retrospect at the number of dresses, skirts, tops, bras, slips and shoes in my size that I found in that basket.

JessMe
04-08-2016, 10:53 PM
Mom definitely knew and was anything but supportive. My "stashes" were found and discarded several times over the years (like busted, so, so, soooo very busted/absolutely no way this was anything else). I came out to her as tg several years ago. While she wasn't really surprised, she also wasn't ok with it. Anyway, now it's most definitely a DADT thing.

PattiMichaels
04-09-2016, 07:49 PM
She absolutely without a doubt knew...didn't that we were the same size and build all through my teenage years into early adulthood.

Robin777
04-09-2016, 08:46 PM
I don't know if my mother knew,she probably did and never said anything. Her underwear drawer was always a mess as she never really folded things up neatly.

Jocee
04-10-2016, 07:16 AM
She knew for sure as I was caught a few times dressing in her lingerie. She never harsh or punished me, but the message was little boys don't dress in Mommie's clothing...... so I started raiding my sisters' closets and makeup :)

Joanna

MarciManseau
04-10-2016, 08:00 AM
That gives a new meaning to the term "panty raid" :)

HannahF6
04-10-2016, 08:05 AM
My Mom certainly knew, she did like seeing me in a dress and thought it was such a shame I'd not been born a girl.

Juliana817
04-10-2016, 08:42 AM
I think my mother knew.
When I was about 5-6 I would wear my sisters ballet tights and leotard and got caught, I don't think I was trying to hide anything at the time.
When I was 8-9 I used to love staying by my grandmothers because I would sleep in her room and she had more pantyhose and nylons than my mother.
I used to put them on and sleep in them and recall the waist band almost hitting my neck :)

PattiMichaels
04-10-2016, 08:48 AM
Juliana, that's almost a carbon copy of my 1st crossdressing memory...

Juliana817
04-10-2016, 10:04 AM
Well tell us about yours ;)

JocelynJames
04-10-2016, 10:26 AM
I suspect that she had her suspicions, but never said a word

grace7777
04-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Nearly 2 years ago I was visiting my mother, and my sister was there also. While there my mom said she wanted to get rid of a lot of her jewelry, and invited my sister to take what she wanted, and then she said I was also welcome to take what I wanted. I looked at it and found nothing I wanted. Her asking me gives the impression that she suspects me as being trans.

The next time I see her I am seriously considering coming out to her. My feeling is she will probably not ask me about it herself.

AmyVanessa
04-11-2016, 08:41 AM
My mom didn't say anything, but I'm pretty sure she had her suspicions

shayleetv
04-11-2016, 11:09 AM
My mom knew all about me, after all she helped create me as a girl. She had dressed me as her happy little girl every once in a while when she needed a rest from my sister who was not a very happy or nice person. Then my sister took over the dressing of her little brother as a girl so she could have a girlfriend to play with because she was the only girl in the neighborhood. Because I was just as comfortable wearing girl clothes as boys it was no problem for me to be the designated girl in our cub scout skits.The moms who dressed their sons as girls for these skits got into some kind of competition as to who could make the most convincing girl. For me and one of my friends we were in our glory. Too bad jerry had to move away we could have had so much fun together as teen girls.
When my wife and I were going to cross dress for a halloween party I asked mom for help. She said something at the time that shocked me because it was something I didn't think she knew about me. I was no longer dressing around her after cub scouts, but she knew about me being aroused when dressed.That only started after I was about 12 yrs. old. She asked me if I could take care of my "problem" when I got dressed. I just said yes and that was that. She knew more than I ever thought she knew.

Athena_
04-11-2016, 01:28 PM
I don't know for sure if my mom knew. She must have had her suspicions. I used her clothing exclusively when I was young. I know that I could not have been very good at putting things back in the same order. My mom and sisters dressed me up as a girl when I was a preteen for several Halloweens. I never really complained about it, and we all insisted at the dress up being as complete as possible; bra, panties, stockings, etc. Mom may have suspected during my teen years, but has never said a word. I do not wish to bring it up to her now. She sees the past through rose colored glasses. I don't wish to disturb her image of the past.

leeann_360
04-11-2016, 07:22 PM
I know at first my mother didn't know it was me, it could have been my older brother as well. I know that I didn't always leave her things as she left them, sometimes even with the odd stain on the white nylon of her panties or slips. When I was caught shoplifting a bra in 7th grade, then she knew for sure and my life changed from that day on. In a way, I think she was relieved, because she kept telling me she had wished I would be born a girl. From that day on, I was her little girl.

Virginia1983
04-29-2016, 01:44 AM
My mother definitely knew!

sara66
04-29-2016, 06:10 AM
I am 95% sure mom knew. She was going thought makeup way to fast. She also made a couple of odd comments when I was older.

jessica33
04-29-2016, 06:11 AM
My mom knew about it . She caught me once in her stockings when I was about 7 but never say anything at that time . Few days later while we were alone in the house she came to my room and gave me few pairs of her old stockings /garter belts . She told me to leave her new stuffs alone . She gave me her old stockings , nightgowns over the years .

KimberlyJean
04-29-2016, 06:23 AM
I didn't know growing up that she knew but looking back on everything she knew and enabled. I always had dresses in my closet that just happened to be in my size that she happened to be storing or keeping for my cousins. She did a lot of other things that I didn't realize at the time. It was after my Mom passed that my wife and I were talking about her and my wife mentioned that during one of their early conversations before we were married my Mom had hinted at my specialness in more than a normal way. After that conversation everything else kind of clicked in to place for what it was instead of what I thought at the time. If she was alive today I don't know if I could introduce her to her daughter, but I would like to. I was last out of three boys, she really wanted a girl and had picked my name before she found out I was a boy. She did tell me that Kimberly Jean is what she was going to name me.

BLUE ORCHID
04-29-2016, 06:51 AM
Hi Suzy :hugs: , If my wonderful:love:mom knew she never let on...:daydreaming:...

colector381
05-03-2016, 02:35 PM
well to answer your question no my mum doesn't know, as it was never her stuff i was into, my sister on the outer hand she might suspect I was more into her things I would try and be careful with replacing where I found them but if she did i don't think she minded (she always been open minded)

JamieMcCarthy
05-03-2016, 03:11 PM
I really think my family knows but they don't approach me about it because they want to respect me and my choices. It's a DADT situation for sure. I'm ok with that. I share a lot with my family. This part of me I don't wish to share. If I ever wanted to transition then I guess I would. But I don't

marlacd
05-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Never a word from her, but I suspected she knew. I think she was relieved when I grew a mustache at age nineteen. That might have only been short lived, because I really never dated much. In her short life, she only knew I dated one woman.

Mindy Fey
05-03-2016, 11:43 PM
Don't think my mom ever knew while I was doing it in jr high and high school. I was very careful to put things back exactly the way they were. If she knew she never told me. In college I told her I used to dress up in her clothes and she was very accepting. She even told me my dad used to do the same thing with his mother's clothes when he was young.

JaniceP
05-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Yes she did. Caught me once wearing one of her half slips, it WAS quite a pretty one.

She never said anything.

jacques
05-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Mothers know everything!

Confucius
05-04-2016, 06:19 PM
As a youth, I never imaged that anyone knew. Now as I reflect back on my life, I think my mother knew more than she let on.

Thinking back I recall times when she would say "you should have been born a girl", and "when you were born I was expecting a girl". There was one time when I was secretly trying on some of her dresses, and later when she returned home I was helping her cooking in the kitchen. She made her "you should have been born a girl" comment and I asked "why?" She said I had feminine features, feminine eyes, and my skinny body would look so cute in a dress. I got very defensive and afraid she might say she knew. I just protested that she was wrong about me, and she just smiled. For years later I would think that I lost a big opportunity. I think my mother wanted to see me crossdressed.

JoselineWalthorne
05-04-2016, 08:47 PM
Mother? no. Sister? I think in the past she may have suspected cuz way back when we were lil, i would play with her dolls with her, mostly wanting to be the girls and she would throw tantrums cuz they were hers X3
After time passed i would take peaks at her fashion magazines and would look at her clothes like i wanted to try them on, I never did but the thought was definitely obviously there. Her being the good christian daughter she is, she would tell me to get out of her room like all sisters say to their lil bros.
My first time dressing up was only a year ago, and that was just on a small scale.
Ironically my sister was the one who had the magazines but i was the one with an actual fashion sense when it comes to clothes ^w^

Rachel Anne
05-05-2016, 01:00 AM
My mother never let on, but every once in a while she'd ask something out of the blue. We'd be walking in the mall and she'd ask what I thought about a outfit or something like that. Of course, I had to play it cool, and not ever say what I was really thinking ("I think it's super cute! Can we see if they have it in my size?!?"). Pity...I was a small kid...they probably did :(.

So two choices...either I was super, super careful and everything went back exactly where I found it and she never ever noticed (over a few years)....or she knew and decided not to hassle me about it as long as I kept it to myself and low key. Either I was really smart, or she was way cooler than I gave her credit for....

JamieGdukes
05-05-2016, 09:15 AM
The raccoon eyes most likely gave it away. Makeup removal skills take time to perfect. She never really let on though.

lisa_vin
05-06-2016, 02:23 PM
My mom knew! I started around 3 or 4 with her stockings and slips. My dad died when I was 4 so if he knew he never said anything to me. My brother was 17 years older than me and already married and out of the house so if HE knew he never said anything to me. I would put on several pairs of her stockings and her slip and parade around the house (inside, never outside) and she would see me and smile but not say anything except to be careful not to put a run in the stockings. I even wore the stockings and slip to bed.

This went on for about 4 or 5 years until one day we had a surprise visit from an aunt and uncle and the aunt playfully pulled back the covers while I was in bed and saw me in the stockings and slip (It was a "surprise" visit because we didn't have a phone or car). She smiled and made a comment about how "pretty" I looked but that was all she said. However, she must have told my uncle about what she saw because not too long afterward a male family member (not my brother) or friend took me outside (I don't remember exactly who it was) and told me how ugly, sick, nasty and wrong it was for me to put on women's clothes and how I was going to burn in Hell unless I totally stopped and started behaving "properly" like a boy should. I was shattered.......I felt so hurt, disgraced, ugly, lonely and hated that I hid and cried for hours. I don't know if my mom knew that whoever it was had talked to me that way or not because she never said anything about it.

Well, it worked for a while but the urges kept coming stronger and stronger until I learned how to be very secretive about it so she wouldn't know. (She died when I was 14 so I'll never really know how she truly felt or if she knew about my "fire and brimstone" admonishment.) My brother took me in to live with him and his wife and kids. So, I continued my very secret journey with my sister-in-laws clothing. If she ever knew, she never said anything to me and neither did my brother. And now, here I am over 50 years later and through 2 psychiatrists/psychologists, still hooked and going strong with a knowing but very strict DADT wife!

kymmieLorain
05-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Mom May not have known about my CDing. she did know my choice of underwear. Since she lives in FL. It was thongs and G strings.

Kymmie

lingerieLiz
05-07-2016, 01:22 AM
My mother knew and so did my sisters. My mother put me in panties when I was about 4 or 5. I told everyone I was going to always wear them from now on. Of course I didn't but did wear girls clothes often. I inherited my sister's clothes as they were older and eventually we all three were about the same size. When they went off to college and married I ended up with a lot of their stuff. This was back in the 50s. When I moved to take a job I took a lot of the clothes with me. When she was down sizing she told me to take the boxes with my clothes in them along with the stuff in the closet. It was all women's. Years ago she told me how much she liked one of my dresses. I gave it to her.

I found out when I was back home one time that the neighbor girl I had dated also knew as did her mother. When I was about 10 I snuck into their hose and dressed in her clothes. When I was older we dated for a while.

Mollyanne
05-07-2016, 06:13 AM
Of course my mom knew I used used clothing. Like soooo many others here I too started out wearing mom's stockings, panties and garter belt (no pantyhose back then). She NEVER said a word to me about it until the day she came home early and literally walked in on me. After that "horrific" moment of discovery, we had "the talk".

Molly

Megan b
05-08-2016, 08:55 PM
My Mom did not know until I told her about 3 years ago. This was after my divorce and the sell of my house. I did not want her to hate my ex wife and I was in the process of moving right across the road from my parents. So I knew there would be a good chance that I would be seen. She said she did not know and may have preferred not knowing. However my Dad did catch me around 14 maybe but must have never said anything to Mom, hoping it was just a one time thing.

CCDTanya42
05-08-2016, 08:56 PM
This is a fun thread, and an issue that makes me thankful to be an adult CD instead of a 12 year old!

I'm sure i stretched everything out and it was totally obvious, but neither mom or sis said anything. I remember trying to crinkle up my mom's pantyhose after stretching them out. That has to be obvious I would think.

So funny thinking about trying to get everything back as it was (were the boots zipped up or not, etc).

I wore makeup a lot and I think my mom looked at me like i was crazy once over eyeshadow or mascara.....I probably tried to remove stuff with soap and water and id bet it was obvious.

I agree, all the moms knew...

Tommie.
05-08-2016, 10:30 PM
I think she did know... I started early doing as others have, got caught with lipstick, in a dress, and by Dad with pink toenail polish after being married which I lied out of all those.... Mother did say she wished I had been a girl and had made the comment as other heard "You would have made a nice girl".... today I am fairly effeminate and she says nothing at 92.... it doesn't seem right to bring it up or would achieve anything while risking rejection which I could not take. I really like this thread and the sharing.... but the range of pain to ecstasy is so great it seems overwhelming.... I need to think on it... love you girls... thanks for sharing.....

PrivateXDresser
05-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Like others in my family, I'm sure she had an idea, but never brought it up ... ever.

Melissa in SE Tn
05-09-2016, 11:02 PM
Yes, she knew. When I was in the 6th grade, before I learned about masturbation, I had a need to wear her pantyhose, girdle & heels. Wearing those garments made me feel complete. In retrospect , I felt so natural. Mom knew that I dressed in her lingerie when she was out of the house. She caught me one time & never said a word ; even to this day. However, there were several discussions where she mentioned that she always hoped for a daughter. Mom would never know that the other half of my soul was a woman screaming for identity .

Faye56
05-10-2016, 12:01 AM
She knew but never brought the subject up after many tears of self pity.

AllisonS
05-10-2016, 09:08 AM
Mom didn't know. I didn't know. She knew I was perhaps more sensitive and empathetic than a lot of males.

Diedre
05-13-2016, 07:07 AM
My mother used me as a dress form to do sewing and alterations. Hating it at first quickly became a loving desire at every opportunity.

After she realized I was enjoying wearing the clothes a little too much it came to an abrupt halt. However, it didn't stop me and I just went stealth. Whether she figured out I was still crossing the line, I will never know. But, if she did, there was not any indication.

Charlessa
05-14-2016, 01:10 AM
I never wore my mothers clothing because she is big. but she knows because I've been caught numerous times. I loved panties so much I'd always wear them around the house. I'm unfortunately still living at home. just the other night she caught me in Capri leggings. "what are you wearing". I said, clothes it's just clothes.

immike
05-15-2016, 11:05 AM
I was in the closet for many years,while wearing mothers clothes.I tried on all of her good business wardrobe,all of her good skirts,blouses,dress slacks,blazers&shoes,especially
her heels.I would put on a pair of hose I kept hidden&I'd try on her dresses&heels

JenniferLynn0370
05-15-2016, 11:26 PM
Oh good Lord, YES, both of my parents and my sister knew; my wife knows...no one really likes it. Mom saw me dressed up more than once growing up and really never talked about it; I inadvertently (stupidly) left clues that my parents found on many occasions, which I was always able to talk my way out of. I am certain my sister told them that we used to play dress up all the time; I wore mom's dresses and heels all the time in the summer time and relished every second. My dad once told me as I was leaving home that I had them worried for a while but he didn't elaborate. I knew exactly what they were worried about...

Alexa CD
05-16-2016, 05:44 PM
I don't think she knew I would sometimes wear her clothes if I got the chance, but I think she kind of knew something. She knew I liked having my hair long, she almost encouraged me to be feminine really, I was actually supposed to be a girl.

Virginia1983
05-16-2016, 06:40 PM
I dressed from a young age and then for Halloween in 5th grade. I was caught so many times by my teens that denial went to the talk and eventual acceptance of my dressing and boyfriends.