PDA

View Full Version : It's one small step for a man..

Julia1984
04-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Another baby step today, out in the big bad Real World. Julia was seen (or could have been seen) out in lippie in public. Admittedly it was a short 20 mile bike ride in the middle of the deepest, remotest, countryside, but it certainly felt like step in the right direction.

Robin414
04-02-2016, 11:30 PM
Way to go Julia, confidence builds slowly but taking small steps in the right direction with a calculated positive outcome speeds up the process...but I'm pretty sure you know that 😉

pamela7
04-03-2016, 01:51 AM
well done Julia, every step counts.

bridget thronton
04-03-2016, 03:06 AM
Wear what makes you happy - lippy is nice

reb.femme
04-03-2016, 08:57 AM
Hi Julia,

You didn't go that far really. Neil Armstrong went all the way to the Moon for one small step, but I don't know if he was wearing lippy at the time. That's black and white telly for you. :heehee:

Each step, no matter how small, is part of our progression. Each is a challenge and we deal with our own demons. Keep going and we should see you out and about with the muggles one day.

Becky

Teresa
04-03-2016, 09:33 AM
Julia,
That's great a little bit of lippy goes a long way ! The question is was it intentional or accidental ? I totally forgot I was wearing it when I took the dog for a walk , I came across a couple of men clearing trees along the railway line , and asked if they could spare any ? I couldn't understand why they both kept staring and smiling I walked on a bit and they followed me in their truck, still the stares and the smiles, they then told me whatever they cut down would be stacked by the unmanned crossing if I wanted it. I thanked them and walked on they followed , in the background I could hear them chuckling . All became clear when I looked in the mirror back at home !

Helen_Highwater
04-03-2016, 11:28 AM
Julia,

Taking baby steps is certainly the way to build confidence. Pushing the envelope is good. However if it was bright red lippy, anyone seeing you would have thought that's something you don't see everyday. A man on a bike wearing lipstick.

What amazes me is that given the photos you've posted you're so hesitant about going out. Looking as good as you do you're less likely to stand out fully enfemme than wearing odd items of makeup.

OK I know it's a huge leap to step into the muggle world. Let me offer you a challenge. one evening, dress, get in the car and find a spot on the route you rode where you can simply stop and get out for even a few minutes standing along side the vehicle. Trust me you'll feel as nervous as hell but you'll want to do it again. It's the next logical step for you. So many of us have been through the same experience and come out unscathed. Soon you'll find yourself walking just a few yards from the car....... and your journey to the femme side will be complete. Obi one has seen it.

Pat
04-03-2016, 04:03 PM
All steps are steps. If it made you feel positive progress and it made you feel happy, then it's no less a step than glamming up and going to the mall or the club or whatever venue equals success in your mind. ;)

Julia1984
04-03-2016, 05:01 PM
Helen

Thanks. Good advice. Truth is, my pics are from a dressing appointment; so by definition the real world was remote from that. I wanted to see what was possible. What I actually am, or am capable of, is probably several light years behind that. But time is short and life is sweet and those further small steps WILL be taken and WILL eventually add up to something substantial. I will take your challenge, and tell you when I have fulfilled it!
Jx

KrisCDAZ
04-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Julia:

So glad for you! Cheers! Keep up with the baby steps; pretty soon you'll be running in heels!

Kris

Molly J
04-03-2016, 07:08 PM
It must have been nerve wrecking and exhilarating at the same time, Julia. I love the feel of lipstick.