PDA

View Full Version : 2 months HRT

PennyNZ
04-04-2016, 11:26 PM
Yesterday was 2 months since I started HRT

Not much to report, just a great feeling of well being becoming a lot more common

Nothing of noticeable change physically, although in saying that, I think there is a little breast growth coming along. They have been tender to touch since I started Spiro about July last year, but the spiro did not, as expected, promote growth

However the past couple of weeks seem to have had a little growth, with a little more prominent breast structure "my words" (I suppose it could be described as nipple lift)

I had gynecomastia from age 11 with quite prominent breasts, and had them removed when I was 30 (bad decision now, but the right one at the time)
My endocrinologist told me when starting HRT, not to expect breast growth.. I hope I am able to, in due course, prove her wrong

Pen

Eryn
04-05-2016, 12:18 AM
Sounds like you are doing well. One thing I noted is that changes are subtle and gradual. I'm quite pleased with my results and I'm glad to hear about your sense of well-being.

Rachel Smith
04-05-2016, 05:10 PM
It's that sense of mental well-being that cemented it for me. I was different somehow after starting HRT I felt like I was a better happier me. I didn't/don't want to lose that part of me for all the tea in China and 3 years later I am still that better happier me.

Nadya
04-17-2016, 11:12 PM
Thank you for sharing! I've only been on the full assortment of HRT medications for a few weeks and only noticed that I just feel better than I used. It's a great feeling and I hope that I get some great results but I suppose I just have to be patient.

PretzelGirl
04-18-2016, 07:34 PM
It takes a lot of patience and more than we often have. Try to keep you mind off if it by doing things like maybe going to dinner with friends. :-) It is tough. Dysphoria isn't just for pre-HRT. I certainly still feel occasional bouts over specific things and I am 2+ years.

Blossym
04-20-2016, 06:05 PM
The feeling of just general mental well being was the first noticeable, and for me, most important change due to HRT. We tend to study ourselves with great scrutiny as we await the physical changes of HRT that often times, we look too hard.

As time goes on, keeping to a regular schedule with your meds, changes will occur. At some point you will probably see a change and think "when did this happen?!" Keep your head up, keep doing your thing, and it will get better :) You have already taken a huge step in your journey.