PDA

View Full Version : Long skirts

TracyDeluxe
02-20-2006, 03:46 PM
A "gentleman caller" *giggle* that I had yesterday bought me an outfit that consisted of, among other things, a long black, beaded, gypsy skirt. Now, I've stated before that I don't often wear anything other than jeans and tops out and about, but I do wear skirts and dresses at home. But I usually buy knee length, or thereabouts, dresses or skirts. Maybe calf length. And often with a petticoat, full or not, beneath. I love the 50's look, right?

Anyway, this is an "almost" ankle length, heavy skirt, and I love how it both looks and feels! It's almost a matronly look, but not quite. God, it justs moves so "womanly", LOL!

I'll post some pics later, after I've done my face.

But who else likes these long skirts? (Last one I had was waaay back in the middle 90's, and doesn't fit anymore-dratted waistline!)

Kathleengurl
02-20-2006, 03:50 PM
IMHO.. long skirts pencil straight are the livin' end! not quite a 'hobble' skirt but certainly not for the quick of feet. --but then... i'm every inch the skirt ****.. well.. when shoes aren't in sight.
-k-

Julia Cross
02-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Those peasant skirts are fantastic. So comfortable to crash on the couch in, but also wonderful when walking around, the drape of the fabric feels wonderful when brushing against the legs. As well, they come in so many colours and fabric combinations. I think I own at least 6 now. Then there's pleated short skirts, another topic all together.

j

Phillis
02-20-2006, 04:32 PM
I love the feel of long skirts, especially the ones that are ankle length. It makes it nice when you wantto curl upon the couch as you can draw your legs up and cover your feet especially when it is chilly.

Anne Charlotte
02-20-2006, 04:35 PM
I just love them.

I bought a brown one last autumn, and my wife bought me a black one for Christmas..........I posted a pic of me in the brown one at the time.....I'll have to see if I can find the link to the thread.....they just feel sooooo lush.

I love them with long boots (high heeled of course).:bs:

oh, here it is......

bobbi(CO)
02-20-2006, 04:35 PM
I like any skirt, but being the woman I am I really love shorter skirts

SherriePall
02-20-2006, 04:51 PM
Tracy -- I love long skirts and own several. Have yet to buy a peasant skirt although I would love to have one to own and wear. Waiting for your pics.

talkwithmelissa
02-20-2006, 04:55 PM
I like a variety of skirts. Can you really have too many. Anyway, I like long skirts whether they flair out or go straight down. The flair type does however take the emphisis away from my lack of hips a bit. When buying a long skirt, I am happy when it can partially cover my feet as I am 6 foot without heels (not that I am trying to cover up my feet).

monicawyer
02-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Long skirts are the best!! Thicker ones for the winter, light floaty boho gypsy style for the summer with strappy sandals! This is my latest purchase, from Per Una at Marks And Spencer. Mxxx

HaleyPink2000
02-20-2006, 05:28 PM
The nicest thing happend to me back in 2005. I did go to Walmart and try on some dresses and skirts, as I had told you all before. These are the ones I had gotten. The Girls at the TriEss meetings love them. I bought two loose nit sweaters and camisols to go with. The jean skirt I bought from Roamans catalog and the belt from a Local Lane Bryant store.

I love wearing them.
Thanks for the oppertunity to share Sis and the post.

Haley:)

HaleyPink2000
02-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Here are the Roamans boots I have , but in black for these skirts.
My picture I took was washed out in the blackness of the boots. I wanted you to see the diversity of this boot. It scrunches,lolol.
Haley:)
Thanks again for this thred Sis.

Julia Cross
02-20-2006, 05:36 PM
LOVE those boots!!!

Where did you get them?

Julia

HaleyPink2000
02-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Mine came from Roamans online hun! :)
I love them. The heel is just the right length that your feet don't get out of sorts.

Haley:) TY for the post Sis.

lynda jane hamilton
02-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Hi Monica
You look gorgous in that skirt.

Went in Per Una in Fosse Park Leicester last Saturday. Wow the new ranges are fantastic. I'll have to mortgage the house to buy all that I saw especially the skirts even more must have than last season.

Looked into Wallis as well got some really nice dresses as well. Good also to see High Street stocking a good range of 16's which unfortunately I am.

Shoes in Next this year are good too. Brought a pair of peep toe courts today.

I must stop or else I'll be shopping again tomorrow!

Lynda Jane.

Felicia
02-20-2006, 06:43 PM
A "gentleman caller" *giggle* that I had yesterday bought me an outfit that consisted of, among other things, a long black, beaded, gypsy skirt. Now, I've stated before that I don't often wear anything other than jeans and tops out and about, but I do wear skirts and dresses at home. But I usually buy knee length, or thereabouts, dresses or skirts. Maybe calf length. And often with a petticoat, full or not, beneath. I love the 50's look, right?

Anyway, this is an "almost" ankle length, heavy skirt, and I love how it both looks and feels! It's almost a matronly look, but not quite. God, it justs moves so "womanly", LOL!

I'll post some pics later, after I've done my face.

But who else likes these long skirts? (Last one I had was waaay back in the middle 90's, and doesn't fit anymore-dratted waistline!)

I love the longer skirts also. My late wife got me into them and she had a lot of them that I have now inherited. You said it so perfectly. They do make a world of difference in the way they move with each step. (HUGS) Felicia

SAMANTHA SIREN
02-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Hye Lovely admirer of all things feminine; I must admit that I adore my long flowing pretty very feminine flower print dresses-when I wear them with some very snassy patterned fashion tights and lovely low heel court shoes-I think I am the "Belle of the Ball".I love the feel of those soft heavenly garments next to your skin and it makes me feel every bit a woman.Can't say I am a lover of jeans or the like-but put me in a dress,tights and cute shoes and I am fast away in a feminine dream!

Love and many kisses,
SAMANTHA BEWITCHED.xx;)

S. Lisa Smith
02-20-2006, 09:17 PM
I don't have any short skirts anymore. All are way below the knee. I think my legs are too skinny for short skirts.

Jessica Sweet TV
02-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Long skirts can be sexy as well, plus they feel great against your legs, and you don't have to put extra attentioin to the way you sit

Anne Charlotte
02-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Shoes in Next this year are good too. Brought a pair of peep toe courts today.

I must stop or else I'll be shopping again tomorrow!

Lynda Jane.

Have you bought shoes from Next ? I know they do a size 9, but it only seems they have them in the Next Directory.....neither of my local stores stocks above 8.

They have a lovely rounded toe ankle boot with a slight platform (1cm) I have my eyes on, but they are £50 !!:cry:

Sabrina Flowers
02-21-2006, 04:45 PM
I do have couple of longer length skirts 1 leather & 1 velvet, they are bit heavy to wear in the warmer weather; so I tend to wear them when it is cool. I would love to get a long denim pencil skirt, have seen some RG's wear them and think they are very sexy.

Allison1
02-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Love them to! Just had my wife long denim size 6 skirt on yeaterday. Awesome! allison

Francine
02-25-2006, 11:10 PM
I like long skirts! Even though I have several skirts that are shoter (see profile pic) I usually dress a little more consevative. I like the 'career girl' look.

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=266007#post266007

This was an earlier 'mirror shot' trying to show one of my favorite skirts, a black velvet with soft grey print.

The pic doesn't really do this skirt justice! Someday, I may get around and try to take another pic!

Francine

Yael
02-26-2006, 08:04 AM
Get mine on Ebay. Plenty of choices there.
Yael

InHerShoes
02-26-2006, 09:15 AM
I love love love wearing long skirts. Short skirts are fun and they do look sexy but nothing feels as good as the swish andw sway of a full length skirt! Oh so fem.

Catherine
02-27-2006, 10:42 AM
I love all skirts, knee length, just a little above, mid calf, and ankle length. I get more compliments from women when I wear a skirt that is a little longer that looks classy. A few years ago when silk broomstick skirts were popular I had several. I was trying one on in Express and came out of the dressing room to see how it looked in the three way mirror. I had to wait my turn at the mirror, there was a very attractive woman(about 30 or so) wearing the same skirt I was. It was emerald green, she had a tan sweater and green suede boots. She looked lovely, she said my skirt looked great with the black turtle neck and black boots. She went out front and got me a black belt that really set the outfit off. I loved it so much, I took the tags off and wore the outfit home. (after paying for them!)

She was very friendly to me, she said she really liked my outfit. I was wondering where to wear my new skirt, she made several suggestions, including work. I explained that I wasn't really out at work, she said I should be. All in all, it was a delightful conversation. She was friendly, she treated me like another woman and was encouraging of my femininity. I have found most women friendly if you make contact in a non-threatening nos-sexual way.
Catherine

Paula T
02-27-2006, 12:04 PM
one is a long straight jean skirt with a short slit up one side. I wear that one when I go out shopping in the warmer times of the year. I also have several long dressy skirts that look quite nice. I will post some pictures when I learn how to resize them especially the one that I wore to a Christmas party this year. It is a straight skirt dark grey with small flowered patterns in it.

Paula T
02-27-2006, 12:13 PM
accenuate you hips? I noticed some curves on you hips and like the look. I tried a classic curves garment once but never wore it as my wife said it made me look matronly(fat) and when I looked in the mirror I had to agree with her

maid phylis
02-27-2006, 01:32 PM
i love to wear long pencill skirts as they are very sexy and women in the 50s wore them,i also love long skirts with a nice flare ,i love the way they swish along your legs as you are walking.:gorgeous:

Mia001
02-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Hi,

I usually go for short skirts but you've given me some food for thought. I get paid tomorrow so maybe I'll pick up a long one.

Interesting ...

Staci
02-27-2006, 11:10 PM
I just got my first peasant skirt. It is light blue and a satiny material. I usually like the shorter mini skirts but this one is awesome. The way it flares when I spin. The feel of the satin all down my legs. I am hooked. Although I will not abandon my mini skirts.

MaylinJane
02-28-2006, 01:06 AM
I love my long skits to be billowy and floofy.

May

jasminetv1998
03-01-2006, 10:16 PM
I simply adore my long skirts. Specially like the gypsy styles with their tiered design. ALso like flowery button front skirts that are made of silk, light cotton, or nylon. Lastly, I top off my skirt with a pretty slip or petticoat. It sure makes me feel so extra feminine.

Here's a sample pic of my cherished long skirt.

Denise01
03-01-2006, 10:40 PM
I do have some long skirts that are ankle length, however I prefer skirts that come to just below the knee

I think it is just a matter of choice and what you feel best wearing

Denise

Allison1
03-01-2006, 10:43 PM
I like long skirts.They are very feminine. My wife has a size 6 denim long skirt that I enjoy wearing.

janetmellor
03-02-2006, 01:38 AM
I love wearing long gypsy style skirts, especially with an of the shoulder gypsy blouse.

Janet xxx

Melissa Ryan
03-02-2006, 02:43 AM
Ohhhhh yes! I love long flowing skirts! They just about all I have! (and I got lots!) I too love the way they feel when you walk, the wind swishing! MMMMMMMMM YES! :happy:

petticoatlisa
03-03-2006, 10:50 AM
long skirts??:D love knee length and long skirts. i think of my 15 or so skirts, only 2 are mini...

trannie T
03-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Lets see, I like long skirts, I like short skirts, I like satin skirts, I like denim skirts, I like velvet skirts, I want a leather mini skirt. I haven't seen many skirts that I didn't like.

Tina Dixon
03-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Ok here's my long skirt.

Janelle Young
03-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Oh don't get me started, just love them. I also have a few longer ankle length skirts and I must admit that I like them a lot as well. As others have said the feel of them on your legs is great. When I eventually go out it will not be in a short skirt, maybe a long one or pants. Long skirts are definitely a must have.

Paula T
03-14-2006, 11:40 PM
as well as the "minis" here's one of my more dressy long skirts.:cool:

SPUDDLY
03-15-2006, 04:36 PM
I love wearing Pleated skirts, it really is one style of skirts which is nice to wear.. I would also sometime like to try and wear many satin skirts, but can never find one in my size.. What does everyone else like wearing?