PDA

View Full Version : Name change?

josie_S
04-10-2016, 11:49 AM
I've been going by Jocelyn or Josie for ten years plus on line and, on occasion, in the non-virtual world. In that time I can't count how many times I've purged...in fact I'm only back on this site and other social media after a long absence. When I reactivated my accounts or started new ones to connect or reconnect with others, I used the name I chose back in the early aughts. I even posted here recently: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?233857-Your-Female-Name-part-2/page6 describing why/how I chose Jocelyn...I still like the name but this morning I wondered about changing it because, to me, it's associated with purging and denial of myself, so I though about a clean slate. Has anyone felt similar? Am I overreacting?

amy1989
04-10-2016, 11:58 AM
I'm on my 3rd female name, but the first one I've felt truly comfortable with. To me your name is a huge deal and you can out grow them. I've always found that if I wasn't comfortable with my female name I wasn't as comfortable or relaxed when I dressed.

gina shiney
04-10-2016, 01:28 PM
Names, well my wife choose the Gina bit (years ago)to refer to me when I was not quite my usual male self and had a desperate need for pantie time and used it as a Subtle code that I had to do something about it. The Shiney was for my love of bright colourful lingerie. While this name suffices for now I don't feel the ownership and would probably exchange it for another when I know who I am. The need as such for a name only arose when registering for use on this forum, I am me and have never thought of myself as any other.

Pat
04-10-2016, 03:55 PM
If you think it will help, go for it. These names are pseudonyms after all. ;)

BLUE ORCHID
04-10-2016, 06:01 PM
Hi Josie:hugs:, I'm still working on my original name of eight years. >Blue Orchid

I wanted a name with no connection to anyone in my life pat or present so my favorite color and flower is a Blue Orchid.