PDA

View Full Version : Options for getting out?

randi_789
02-20-2006, 07:29 PM
I have been out a couple times but always with a male friend. We get a motel room, I dress and then we have gone to a park to walk around, but this only happens when the weather is warm. What I am trying to figure out is the logistics of doing it myself, without getting a motel room. At present I can't come up with a way to do it, and hope perhaps you can share with me how you go about doing it. I should add that I can't leave from home because the only time I dress is during the day and I live on a street where the houses are right across from each other, and close side to side, so the fear of being seen as I go from house to car is very real. Maybe I am being totally illogical in my thinking that there is a way, but I need to be told. Thanks.

Felicia
02-20-2006, 07:36 PM
It takes a little imagination and some skill to be dressed and make it look like you are dressed as a male but under it is all fem clothes. I have done it many times. (hugs) Felicia

randi_789
02-20-2006, 07:44 PM
I am unsure of how to get away with that. I had planned on going out with jeans, flats and a bomber jacket over a blouse, so that shouldn't be the problem. What about makeup and wig? How do I hide that?

BrendaB GG
02-20-2006, 07:51 PM
We have same problem and what my partner Tori does, is she puts on everything except the wig and lipstick, and then when she's a few blocks away from the house, those 2 things go on. She normally doesn't wear skirt and heels, usually its girls jeans and so from a distance without the wig, the neighbors would still thing 'guy'.
Brenda

Felicia
02-20-2006, 07:55 PM
I am unsure of how to get away with that. I had planned on going out with jeans, flats and a bomber jacket over a blouse, so that shouldn't be the problem. What about makeup and wig? How do I hide that?

You have figured out the first part. Purchase a wig carring case and place it in a shopping bag and the makeup can be applied in the car later. (HUGS) Felicia

paulaN
02-20-2006, 08:58 PM
put on what you can and have the rest in your car. like larger mirror, wig, lipstick and don't forget makeup remover for the trip home. good luck.

kellyktu
02-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Thats an easy one, since it's cold, do every thing you would normaly do... but when you leave put on a hoodie. The hod is big enough to hide your hair and should shield your face for the most part. For your legs, wear some athletic snap-pants and your golden:thumbsup:

lawnmanmo
02-20-2006, 10:55 PM
I have been out a couple times but always with a male friend. We get a motel room, I dress and then we have gone to a park to walk around, but this only happens when the weather is warm. What I am trying to figure out is the logistics of doing it myself, without getting a motel room. At present I can't come up with a way to do it, and hope perhaps you can share with me how you go about doing it. I should add that I can't leave from home because the only time I dress is during the day and I live on a street where the houses are right across from each other, and close side to side, so the fear of being seen as I go from house to car is very real. Maybe I am being totally illogical in my thinking that there is a way, but I need to be told. Thanks.
Dear Randi
Your in good hands here.....I'm sure that all the girls here will help you out with a good solution to this little problem.
Your admirer

AprilMae
02-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Depending on how well you look in your makeup and wig, any neighbors that see you may not even notice it is even you.

Shelby
02-20-2006, 11:56 PM
How nosey are your neighbors? If they see a woman get into what they know is your car, maybe they'll assume you have girlfriend? I don't know enough about your situation, but I'd just throw caution to the wind and try it.

randi_789
02-21-2006, 07:13 PM
Neighbors probably aren't that nosey, more a paranoid streak in me. I will probably go with the option of dressing at home except for the wig and lipstick, and earrings. I am dying to try this. Now my next question is, since this will be my first time going out alone, where should I go? I see all of the posts here on different threads and am jealous of the confidence some of you girls have. Should I just drive the first time? Just go for a simple drive? What are your experiences for the first time out?

And thanks so much for all your thoughts.

michelleliz
02-21-2006, 07:24 PM
You could just try going to a gas station to ge a pack of gum . It always workes for me . Just pick one with only one or two people. That is the best way to tell if you are passable before you go any where else. Just watch the reactions form the people.

Michelleliz

jenny_centaur
02-21-2006, 08:14 PM
The only advice I can give is to move very quicky from the house to the car, under cover of darkness, and hope for the best!

Having said that, the other night going out dressed, I opened my garage door (by remote), opened the front door sufficiently to check my street for pedestrians, then moved quickly from the door to the garage and jumped into my car. So far, so good. I reversed down the drive, checked that all was clear, and moved off down the road. I stopped at the end of the street (20 yards away from my drive), looked right to check for traffic, then found myself looking straight into the face of my next door neighbour! I rapidly looked left and floored it!

I couldn't stop thinking about it afterwards, but I managed to convince myself he would never in a million years have recognised me in my wig and makeup (despite the fact my car is very identifiable). Also, he was probably drunk, and he's very old, and probably didn't believe his own eyes and nobody would believe the old fool even if he believed it himself.

Ah, such is life.....

Charlene Marie
02-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Randi, Just do it girfriend. You'll figure it out.

bobbi(CO)
02-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Randi, I think the idea of short breif trips is best for the first few times out. judging by your looks it shouldn't be a real problem hun:clap:

Julie York
02-22-2006, 05:20 PM
If you were prepared to hire a room...then.....Hire a van! I can't believe I'm typing this.It sounds like a plot from a bad novel....but anyway...

And before I forget this isn't actually something I made up. Someone else told me this idea.

Hire a van. Park it round the corner etc. Walk to van drab. Go into back of van. Change into girly (serial killer whatever:D ) clothing . Go round the drivers seat....drive...get out....Go for a walk going "OOh look at me I am all girly!"....get in..change into drab clothing ...drive home...drop off van.

Hey it works!

"What did you do today honey?"
"oh....you know. Nothing much."

randi_789
02-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Julie, a room with an hourly rate would be cheaper than renting a van, but thanks for the input. And I think I have read this in a bad novel. LOL!

randi_789
02-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Thank you one and all for your comments and suggestions. I am off tomorrow and if i can get up the courage, may go out. I am thinking of dressing at home except for the wig and makeup and jacket, driving to a rest area on the parkway, making myself totally femme, then driving to a stripmall to walk around a bit. A stop at Dunkin' Donuts for a coffee at the drive up window and then back to the rest stop to change back. Then home. At least that is the plan. :-) Courage. Like the cowardly lion. I have to go see the wizard. LOL!! If it happens i will start a new thread. If not, oh well.