PDA

View Full Version : Talking to GGs while in male mode (again)

Sometimes Steffi
04-12-2016, 09:46 PM
Just stopped off at Einstein's Bagels on the way to work.

This cute GG comes in wearing 6-inch heel, platform gladiator sandals in bright yellow.

I complemented her on her shoes, she said thank you.

I told her that they were unzipped in back. She said she can't drive with them on, and she put them on so she could come in to get a bagel. She says she owns her own construction company, but only works in the office, not on site. There was another GG there who even joined in on the conversation.

Like these:

Mykaa
04-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Those are definitely an attention getter, Im guessing she was a hottie too.

Robin414
04-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Yah, I can totally drive (6 speed stick) in 6" heels (OK, maybe not very well, OK not at all! )

GenieGirl
04-12-2016, 10:59 PM
<- Certified 6 speed driver in 4" or less...never tested anything taller....yet ;)

Hell on Heels
04-13-2016, 12:27 AM
Hell-o Steffi,
I've been tempted to compliment many GG's on there style, but
it just never seemed to be the right thing to do.
Maybe it was some of that on the job anti-harassment schoolin' I received?
I'm sure she appreciated your (well deserved) comment.

Now as far as drivin' a stick with those heels on....
I'll race ya!
(Win or lose.... I'm keepin' those shoes!)
Much Love,
Kristyn

Tracii G
04-13-2016, 01:55 AM
Kristyn instead of racing for pink slips race for each others heels.LOL

HelenR2
04-13-2016, 04:09 AM
I got a nose bleed just looking at those heels.

CarlaWestin
04-13-2016, 07:20 AM
I don't know. I think those are fine shoes for a construction site.

Jaylyn
04-13-2016, 07:45 AM
Wow a gal that owns her own construction site and wears those kind of heels to work ( even if only at a desk ). I'd say she'd make a CDs dream come true. Could boy talk business to you and guide your footsteps at the same time. Makes me wonder what she was wearing, female designer overhauls? Love the heels if they were in red I'd be drooling.

Pat
04-13-2016, 08:45 AM
I think those are fine shoes for a construction site.

They are safety yellow. And the platform probably makes them safer -- it would take quite a nail to get through those soles. I saw a set of high-heeled construction boots a while back but they weren't in my size. :(

ClosetED
04-13-2016, 11:48 AM
My job position makes it difficult to compliment the few women who are very stylish - to notice anything below their face may be considered sexual harassment from the yearly required training.
There are a few here who are well put together both physically and dress with perfect style - but I can't get away with asking where did you get that dress? Do you think they have my size? (Maybe I could ask "for my wife", but still even noticing their dress and complimenting it means I looked closely at their body and liked what I saw).
I have driven my automatic in 5" heels without a problem.
I like the shoes, but don't need any platform - I am too tall already.
Hugs, Ellen

Tracii G
04-13-2016, 12:45 PM
Ellen I think you have a fear of being called gay for asking questions like where did you buy that dress.
Sounds hoaky I know but there is a way to give a compliment without being sexual in nature.
Be honest you don't have to say you look hot in that dress.That has sexual overtones.
How about what a lovely outfit. I have said that to women I worked with and the response was "oh thank you that was so sweet of you".
Being honest, tactful and classy is something guys usually don't find easy to do.

ClosetED
04-13-2016, 01:30 PM
When you are a top manager, even a compliment on an outfit can be sexual harassment. You are supposed to not notice anything below the face, according to mandated training. I would not ask about where they got the dress. I have not heard other male leaders mentioning clothing in years.
Ellen

Pat
04-13-2016, 03:31 PM
Ellen I think you have a fear of being called gay for asking questions like where did you buy that dress.

I did the corporate thing for a long time and that sounds more like fear of being called into HR than being called gay. Some people can totally pull off complimenting women in the workplace and not raise an eyebrow, some can't. Many (who are fond of a regular paycheck) don't want to take the chance.

Tracii G
04-13-2016, 03:39 PM
I did the corporate thing for a long time and that sounds more like fear of being called into HR than being called gay. Some people can totally pull off complimenting women in the workplace and not raise an eyebrow, some can't. Many (who are fond of a regular paycheck) don't want to take the chance.

I totally get that Jennie and it is probably not worth the risk.

suzanne
04-13-2016, 07:11 PM
If a woman walks near a construction site in those shoes, you can be sure no work is getting done for a while! But those shouldn't be too hard to walk in. They're really just 4 inch heels plus a 2 inch platform. Not that I'm trying any time soon.

DaniChan
04-13-2016, 07:31 PM
Love those shoes, but they sure draw attention!

Sometimes Steffi
04-13-2016, 08:56 PM
My job position makes it difficult to compliment the few women who are very stylish - to notice anything below their face may be considered sexual harassment from the yearly required training. There are a few here who are well put together both physically and dress with perfect style.

I rarely complement someone at work. I've been trained also, and it is too risky. But, outside the office, it's not sexual harassment.

Sounds hoaky I know but there is a way to give a compliment without being sexual in nature.
Be honest you don't have to say you look hot in that dress.That has sexual overtones.
How about what a lovely outfit. I have said that to women I worked with and the response was "oh thank you that was so sweet of you".
Being honest, tactful and classy is something guys usually don't find easy to do.

I don't really care what they think. Let them think I'm gay or an evolved man for all I care.

I'm very careful about what I say and how I say it. I always refer to the clothing, and not how she looks in the clothing. And I look them directly in the eyes, not any lower (o o). And I don't say it like a pickup line. These shoes had a rear zipper that was unzipped, and by telling her that, I think it made it clear that I *was* looking at her shoes.

She had a coat on, but was wearing some sort of yellow poncho type thing under her coat.

Tracii G
04-13-2016, 10:11 PM
I'm sure you are careful Steffi.
It makes perfect sense to be.

ReineD
04-14-2016, 03:57 AM

Right. Several stories have popped up recently about male faculty in universities losing their jobs because of sexual harassment. Granted, they did more than just compliment outfits, but women's attitudes have been shifting. Career minded women do NOT want to be noticed for their appearance. They want to be noticed for their work (like men), and they view it as sexism when a male at work comments on their appearance. Would this same male tell the guy down the hall that he likes his outfit?

That said, these same women I'm sure would appreciate compliments from their friends, lovers, husbands, etc.

BLUE ORCHID
04-14-2016, 07:37 AM
Hi Steffi :hugs:, I have often paid a complement to woman ' Usually with positive compliments.:daydreaming:

Krisi
04-14-2016, 10:51 AM
If you have a job, complimenting a woman on her looks can get you in trouble. Political correctness gone haywire.

Years ago I worked with an attractive woman. I was the "boss". Our work was not normally physical but one day we found ourselves unloading donated computers from a car. I accidentally put my hand on her breast (yes, accidentally, I swear). Attempting to apologize, I said "I think I accidentally sexually harassed you." She said "I think I enjoyed it."

Obviously I knew her well enough to say this to her. Otherwise, I could have ended up in the boss's office begging for my job.

sometimes_miss
04-14-2016, 02:58 PM
Again, it really comes down to whether the woman finds you attractive or not. If she does, she'll like that you find her attractive and appreciated her choice of clothing. If she isn't interested in you, then she'll consider it creepy and she'll consider it harassment.

When in doubt, say nothing.

Tina_gm
04-14-2016, 04:13 PM
Construction company, what do they construct, Poles? hehehehehe

Dana44
04-14-2016, 04:28 PM
Ah hoot, You can drive a tractor with those heels on. The clutch is easy to operate brakes with the front part of the heels and full heel on the throttle.

ReineD
04-14-2016, 05:10 PM
If you have a job, complimenting a woman on her looks can get you in trouble. Political correctness gone haywire.

It's not about political correctness. It's about women who are speaking up about being sick and tired of having men pay attention to their bodies, their clothes, how they look, or whether they are smiling or not, and making comments on this instead of appreciating their contributions to the work at hand ... at work.

I suppose some men who have been socialized as men simply cannot understand this.

Eva Bella
04-14-2016, 09:20 PM
It's not about political correctness. It's about women who are speaking up about being sick and tired of having men pay attention to their bodies, their clothes, how they look, or whether they are smiling or not, and making comments on this instead of appreciating their contributions to the work at hand ... at work.

I suppose some men who have been socialized as men simply cannot understand this.

This.

And I've seen plenty of this kind of behavior before in various corporate jobs. There's a world of difference between simply complimenting a woman on her clothing or appearance and doing it so as to elicit gratitude or a subordinate reaction.

When I went through training at my first job, we were advised to compliment a woman at work as if you were complimenting a guy on his tie. It's one thing to say "that's a great tie." And another to say "What a great tie, it brings out the blue in your eyes. Why don't you smile more, you have such a pretty smile"

I think that giving a woman a genuine and simple compliment with no strings attached will go over fine in any setting.

Vickie_CDTV
04-15-2016, 04:00 PM
Back when I was in the corporate working world, we were always told, in no uncertain terms, if you are a man you do not mention or talk about a woman's appearance. Ever. Even the most innocuous comment can be used against you if the woman has some sort of issue with you later on. A man in that case is always assumed guilty, forever, no trial, you are guilty. Companies are terrified of lawsuits (and the bad press it brings) and will dump someone that is a potential risk... and good luck getting a job after that!

In a workplace, keep comments about a woman's appearance or what she wears to one's self. It just isn't worth it.

ClosetED
04-18-2016, 01:33 PM
I was inspired by the story of cute GG in heels with her own construction company, so here is what i came up with.

Is this what she looks like on site? or would that cause her Workman's Comp rates to go up too much?
Hugs, Ellen

Robin414
04-19-2016, 09:47 PM
Nice pics Ellen!

Yah, distracted guys falling off scaffolding and getting run over by bulldozers could really mess with a companies safety reputation 😉

Tracii G
04-20-2016, 12:56 AM
Are those OSHA approved steel toed heels?

Today I had dinner at Cracker Barrel 50/50 mode and I always browse the clothes and girly stuff because some of the items are totally cute and priced reasonably.
The floor lady asked if I needed help and I said I was just looking. I found a nice blue lace top so I held it up to check the length and she said well you seem to know your way around so have fun and I hope you find something.
Very beautiful young lady too a mix of black and Egyptian with a southern accent.
Anyway I looked around some more and she asked are you sure of your size I said oh sure I dress all the time and she said wow thats very interesting.
No giggles or anything at all and she proceeded to tell me she worked for the Miss Universe pageant and even competed in it.
I asked her how hard it must be to get make up perfect and outfit selections just right and she said oh my gosh yes it can be a madhouse.
At that point she just became a chatterbox and asked if I did Drag professionally.
I said no but I think I could do it so she gave me some contacts for a make up artist to talk to and a local costume maker.
Totally cool young lady.
Just one of those things that happen you can't plan for and so great when it does happen.
Those of you that are too uptight I feel bad for you.
Get out and be yourself even if you are in drab.

ClosetED
04-20-2016, 08:20 AM
I don't think the pumps are steel-toed, but to hold me up, the 5" heels likely are steel inside - Does that count?
I know I would have to stop and watch a woman looking like that that do her work.
Hugs, Ellen