PDA

View Full Version : so here I am with my phone 😐

Robin414
04-13-2016, 02:23 PM
Sitting on a bench, full femme, and a troop of 30 Jr high school students parade on right in front of me, not a word said (and trust me, I was listening �� ). I guess I might have gotten over the 'look like a hooker Robin, it's cool' look, ahh, I blend, maybe a little bit!

OK, the tight Moncler ski jacket with nothing underneath but a push up bra and some serious cleavage showing might be a touch on the cheesy side but who cares, it's comfortable and I dont!

bimini1
04-13-2016, 05:47 PM
I'm starting to believe that TG is just a part of these kids landscape. I'm convinced that to most it's just no big deal. Of course, you may have just been passing good too. I know I don't pass at 6'7" in the heels I had on and I walked down a sidewalk into a group of about 15 or so of 'em coming the opposite direction.
I was cringing inside and guess what. It was a total non event. I think these kids out here have moved on.

phylis anne
04-13-2016, 06:17 PM
Hi Robin ,
I have always tried to practice the blended look as it is under the radar ,although I have seen some hot hooker styles I might be jussssssssssssssssssssssssst a bit over the top @61 yrs trying to emulate them :heehee:
hugs phylis anne

Nicole Erin
04-14-2016, 12:07 PM
Few possible reasons -

You probably mostly give off a vibe like everything is normal so others react accordingly. That just comes with being out more and more.
Part of it is probably you may look convincing enough as to not cause suspicion.

The biggest thing though - Kids and young adults do not notice much of anything unless it is on their cell phone.

docrobbysherry
04-14-2016, 12:12 PM
Proof that dressing "to blend" works for some folks, Robin. Congrats!:)

When u have a face that resembles an old, male, wicked Witch of the West? No matter how I dress I scare people!:eek:

sometimes_miss
04-14-2016, 02:51 PM
People notice. They, for the most part, don't care until you somehow become part of their life. Growing up, we all knew the old man who sat on his porch every afternoon, chewing tobacco, the elderly lady who wore an odd hat all the time, the gay guy who ran the stationary store and wore ladies glasses, and many more characters in our community. Even 50 years ago, we all noticed, but nobody ever said anything to any of them. Same as today.

Robin414
04-14-2016, 11:37 PM
I forgot to mention, I was rocking five days face fur and having a loud argument with myself, ahhh, acceptance 😂

Hell on Heels
04-15-2016, 01:42 AM
Hell-o Robin,
Happy B-day one more time
Sounds like you were out having fun, while I was "slaving" away at work!
(If you'd consider tasting wine from the barrel slaving, or even work???)

I can't imagine, given your posts here, that this is the first time that
you've rendered a large group of people utterly speechless! Ha Ha ha!

The 5 days growth must have blended in with the fur on that fabulous jacket!
Nice touch!!!!!
Much Love,
Kristyn

vinette
04-15-2016, 04:30 AM
My best and most comfortable experience was buying my second wig. I was totally dressed and the staff at the store, the women shopping and the female police officer (who was there because it was near their closing time) all acted like nothing was unusual. It was a VERY encouraging outing.

BLUE ORCHID
04-15-2016, 07:08 AM
Hi Birthday Girl:balloons:, If I saw a group of teenage girls coming by while I was dressed I would be petrified ...:daydreaming:...

Robin414
04-15-2016, 11:19 PM
I can imagine if my daughter were in Jr. High and in that group "OH...MY...GOD, what's my Grandma doing here, and when did she learn to use a smart phone! 😲 )...ya, I'm starting to look like my mother, that's cool, she was pretty hot in her day 😉

@Kristyn - LOL, actually I was afraid it was going to turn into another sexy rock video, a bunch of guys holding me over their heads while I shredded guitar and sang (Lita Ford anyone)...but then I woke up 😧

And what's this about wine tasting...for work yet!? 😀

Beverley Sims
04-16-2016, 12:16 PM
You passed the acid test there. :-)

Robin414
04-17-2016, 12:08 AM
Proof that dressing "to blend" works for some folks, Robin. Congrats!:)

When u have a face that resembles an old, male, wicked Witch of the West? No matter how I dress I scare people!:eek:

LOL, you know I've seen Sherry 'naked' (from the neck up people!) and you can totally rock it as a woman! Don't get me wrong, I get the desire to be incognito but it's really not nessesary! ☺

Queen Erika
04-17-2016, 12:10 AM
Your outfit sounds sexy, not cheesy...

heatherdress
04-17-2016, 08:39 AM
Good for you Robin. Sounds like it was fun.

Most people don't notice and don't care what other people look like. Whether they see you, or even notice you, people don't care. If you "people-watch" in Walmart, or at the mall, or some other public place, and observe the lack of attention paid to people who stand put because of their unusual appearance or attire, you might agree that people really don't care.