PDA

View Full Version : The importance of being modest

megan163
02-20-2006, 09:42 PM
I have been going out dressed more frequently in the last couple years than ever before (I'm 40). It's funny, but I've gotten a bit more confident and haven't had any problems or "made." Except the other day I went out and wore a wrap dress with some knee-high leather boots in the day. Well, I got looks right from the minute I stepped out of the car. Then I went to the cosmetics counter and had a relatively nice exchange with the clerk. But I still came away feeling really silly and self-conscious. My reaction was to purge several items - not everything mindy you, I had some sense. Anyway, I guess my lesson learned is to dress conservatively and the experience is generally better. Anyone else feel the same?

Maria2004
02-20-2006, 09:56 PM
I've had the same experience, and it's not about being "modest".

QZ2
02-20-2006, 10:15 PM
You are absolutely right, Megan. But also being conservative in dress goes a long way. I travel a lot around the world and find myself in many different cultures. I find the best way to go is to blend in. Look around and see how conservatively the gals around you are dressed and don't go past that line. If you look like a floozie you'll get treated like one.
Thanks for your good thoughts....QZ2

Laurie Ann
02-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Dress the part and do it with a positive attitude.

womanatheart
02-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Hi Megan,
I too have been out more and more total efem and feeling more confident and feel I am getting better at the look. With that said, all it takes is one read and it is like a dagger in my heart. I wither and loose confidence and usually cut short my outing. Then there are other times, I float through a mallor out for a great dinner efem, knowing someone read me -but I didnt care. What is the difference?
Love,
Stephanie

Nikki Dee
02-21-2006, 02:09 PM
You simply gotta dress in keeping with where you are going...do that confidently and you generally are o.k....I would love to wear really sexy femme stuff out there...but I know I would regret that at the point where I'm getting attention I DON'T want....so I wear what I reckon an RG would wear for that occasion...and hope I got it right.!!!!
Nikki. x

Penny
02-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Think of it as tryig to fit in. I've gotten pretty good at that afterall I've been working at it my whole life.

TracyDeluxe
02-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Hi Megan,
. With that said, all it takes is one read and it is like a dagger in my heart. I wither and loose confidence and usually cut short my outing. Then there are other times, I float through a mallor out for a great dinner efem, knowing someone read me -but I didnt care. What is the difference?
Love,
Stephanie

Good question. I've been living FT for over 10 years, and that still happens to me. Sometimes it depends on my internal emotional state, sometimes it depends on the "reader". Is it "Look at that disgusting faggot in a dress", or is it, "Oh look, there's a man dressing as a woman", and sometimes it's simply, "There's a girl who used to be a boy".

Of course, since I rarely have a heart-to-heart conversation with the reader, that's all in my head, too, isn't it? ;)