PDA

View Full Version : Why Do You Keep Going???

Cristy2
04-16-2016, 07:28 PM
Why do you keep going when everything around you says to quit??

iGenny
04-16-2016, 07:53 PM
Cristy, for life's less happy times, I think it's hope that keeps me going. If you're talking about dressing, I don't know - maybe it's hope for something as well, I just don't know what to hope for.

You asked a pretty philosophical question there --- what's on your mind?

Hugs,
Genny

bimini1
04-16-2016, 07:57 PM
Damn good question sounds simple but gets at the root. I don't have an answer other than I have to keep going.

Laurana
04-16-2016, 08:35 PM
Because I looked DAMN GOOD in a skirt :)

Tracii G
04-16-2016, 08:41 PM
Why not?
Life is full of surprises I would hate to miss them.

Tonya Rose
04-16-2016, 08:58 PM
Because the other option really SUX!!! LOL!

Yoshisaur
04-16-2016, 10:03 PM
Because you never know whats around the corner. Life is full of surprises you never know.

Alice Torn
04-16-2016, 10:07 PM
One reason, is my two cats. i had nearly ended it all many times, but i could not leave my cats orphans, and i try to enjoy bicycling, fishing, watching birds, and animals, people watching, trees, sunrises and sunsets, and knowing i can help and inspire others some.

Mykaa
04-16-2016, 10:12 PM
Well Cristy, all things will pass, This I will promise you. I know about bad times, I surely do, I can say after a long period of why? why? why? I am Happy again and to be honest even with all Ive lost, I am Truly Happy these days. I have made new friends here, I am happy with myself for the 1st time in Ever. I lost my job 5 weeks ago. Who would believe with that I started anew and am Redefining myself. I know in my heart I will be better than I ever was before.

prene
04-16-2016, 10:23 PM
I love it though.

Just is me

Judy-Somthing
04-16-2016, 10:52 PM
Some times I want to stop because I know my wife thinks it's not right.
But when Judy come out to play it's so cool.

Jenniferathome
04-16-2016, 11:06 PM
I determine my future. And you, yours. If you are letting others push you down, YOU have decided to do this, not them.

Tracii G
04-16-2016, 11:27 PM
Jennifer makes a good point.
If you let others define you or say you can't do this or that and you quit its your own fault.

Cristy2
04-16-2016, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. It was just one of those proverbial random thoughts that happened to hit my head and thought would be interesting to see what others may think.

Queen Erika
04-16-2016, 11:57 PM
I haven't found much that says to quit. Then again I live in California...

Sandyhappygirl
04-17-2016, 02:34 AM
Any man who has worn a skirt and heels and felt they way I do just couldn't stop regardless.

PaulaQ
04-17-2016, 03:06 AM
Why does a salmon feel compelled to swim upstream, when every fiber of its being has to be telling it to stop?

Georgina
04-17-2016, 05:03 AM
Life is an adventure and tomorrow is another day.

BLUE ORCHID
04-17-2016, 06:06 AM
Hi Cristy :hugs:, I've been in this program for over 69yrs now and I don't see any thing changing that now...:daydreaming:...

Maria 60
04-17-2016, 06:28 AM
Well I get all dressed up, I walk and feel my pantyhosed legs rubbing together and look in the mirror and I like what I see and then look at my face a see the happiest grin ever. There it is, don't try to figure it out, or look to much into it and just enjoy it, because it is fun. Don't you think.

Krisi
04-17-2016, 07:05 AM
I enjoy playing a woman and it doesn't hurt anyone. That's why I keep going. It's important to keep things under control and be a man sometimes.

sometimes_miss
04-17-2016, 06:26 PM
For the vast majority of us, 'it' chose us. I don't think anyone actually looks for a reason to make society shun them, treat them like perverts, and make themselves pariahs to the people that they'd like to mate with. No, we do it because we feel like we're supposed to. Whether that means for a sexual kick, or just to feel normal; it varies from person to person. In my case, I get irritable the longer I go without crossdressing. I can put it off longer if I'm in a relationship; most likely, because more of my needs are met then, and I can hold back the desire to crossdress easier (sort of the same way as, if you're tired, but all of a sudden a really hot girl presents herself for sex, you can ignore being tired for a while longer!).

PattyT
04-17-2016, 09:10 PM
There are a lot of reasons that I keep going:
1. I like the way the clothes look.
2. I like the way they look on me.
3. I stronngly dislike male attire and feel it is somehow wrong for me, against my personal taste.
4. I feel so natural in female attire, like I belong in it.
5. It puts me in great mood, and makes me feel relaxed and at peace with the world.
6. In female attire I am the real me. In drab, I'm playing the role of a conventional male, which I am most certainly not.

I can go on and on but this is enough to give an idea of why I go on.
Maria 60 made a good statement summarizing how it seems a lot of us feel:
" There it is, don't try to figure it out, or look to much into it and just enjoy it, because it is fun. Don't you think."

josrphine
04-17-2016, 09:16 PM
Like Laura said I look very good in a skirt.. I'll add dress's an I don't like pants or shorts nothing male attire. I don't know Cristy but have you seen some of the wales that have washed up on the beach. I'll bet you look better then 60 % of them. Jo

Sometimes Steffi
04-17-2016, 09:29 PM
I have a hearing impairment. Yeah, I really do, but the real reason is that I've stopped listening to the haters, including my wife.

cindi cinnamon
04-17-2016, 09:30 PM
Because, I can't stop.... I've tried, but I just can't stop !
I've purged once (mistake)... But, I just can't stop !
Tried wearing a pair of male undies for one day this week... Couldn't do it !
Trying to figure out what to wear to bed tonight... Because, I JUST CAN'T STOP !!!

Sarah Doepner
04-17-2016, 10:26 PM
I've not found a valid reason that is enough to overcome the basic sense of correctness I feel when exploring my gender options. Telling me to quit won't do it and neither will implied threats, so as long as my comfort and confidence grow and society become more accepting, it's not ending for me anytime soon.

MarisaRose.
04-17-2016, 10:27 PM
It's who I am. Marisa is the very best part of me!!!

Robin414
04-17-2016, 11:11 PM
Great question, I often ask it myself!

1. I think I make a decent looking woman (ya, I'm a narcissist and "you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too" (Jack White)

2. I'm middle aged and I've punched the grim reaper square in the face a couple times and so far he's folded like lawn furniture...but I know the day will come. What better way to experience life than half as a man, and half as a woman...seriuosly?

3. I've always had a lot of 'girl' in me, getting older I realize I can't keep her locked up anymore, it's just easier!

Lily Catherine
04-17-2016, 11:22 PM
Re: crossdressing - I derive a sense of correctness and state of comfort derived from the act and all its connotations. I haven't found anywhere else where I could have it. I won't let anyone pull me down, but it is just as important that I do not let my crossdressing be someone else's unnecessary burden.

If this is a general question - I can merely run the race that was set out for me because I came here to finish its course, no matter how rough the road, how high the mountain. Faith has kept me racing on; any further discussion is probably off-limits here.

Teresa
04-18-2016, 12:56 AM
Cristy,
Whatever anyone says around you it's not going to make any difference to what's in your head. Most of us know we can't quit so the solution is they quit trying to force you, they will suffer as much as you when you just can't live that way. It's a case of being honest all round , educate them about why you do it and try and get the negative attitude out of their heads.

Jocee
04-18-2016, 06:00 AM
Because I would be vastly unhappier not being me....

Raychel
04-18-2016, 06:10 AM
I have always been a bit self conscious about my looks,
But when I am dressed like I prefer, I don't have that feeling so much,
It is just me. When I look in the mirror I like what I see.

I think Paula summed it up he best.

Why does a salmon feel compelled to swim upstream, when every fiber of its being has to be telling it to stop?

Rhonda Darling
04-18-2016, 06:57 AM
Nothing around me is saying "quit". I'd ignore it anyway. I spent too many years not living my dream and desire to be put off my path now. Grab your bootstraps and pull 'em up.

Rhonda

Cristy2
04-18-2016, 07:03 AM
Once again, thank you to all of you for your responses. Like I said a few posts back, the question was just a random thought that hit my head the day I started this thread and I thought it would be interesting to see what the responses may be. So far the responses have been very interesting. :)

cdlove
04-18-2016, 08:20 AM
I have asked myself this question for years. Why keep going on doing, dressing, and liking the feminine things that I do. A part of me loves it, loves wearing the items, loves buying the items, etc. Another part of me doesn’t understand it, doesn’t grasp a reason behind “why”. Finally another part of me is so disgusted with it that it has had severe effects on my anxiety and depression because of it. So why keep doing it if it gives me so much turmoil? Truth is I don’t have a clear answer, I have tried to stop 100s of times with only temporary success. When I have stopped I instantly get a sensation that something in my life is missing, something is just not right with me. My acceptance of it is so torn I have reached out to the few, mainly one person who is understanding, for answers to my “Why”. Obviously that person cannot answer this question for me, but she has been able to give me reason to accept it as her father CD’s and has been happily married for years. I refer to my CDing as my drug, and like an addict when I don’t do it I crave it, when I do it I crave more of it, and like an addict I hate it at times. If you ask a drug addict why they keep doing the drug most likely you won’t get a clear concise answer as to “Why”. This question of “Why” has lead me to some very dark areas within myself, as I said it directly affects my depression through self-esteem, & shame, and not being able to answer the question has been my struggle for 25 years. When it all boils down to it I think the reason behind “why” is dependent upon how accepting you are of it as a part of your personality, of yourself. Thus the answer you are seeking cannot be answered by any of us but is a self-acceptance and understanding element within you.

~Victoria Love