PDA

View Full Version : Has this happened to u? You're dressed and u look down and your thumb is on fire!?

docrobbysherry
04-17-2016, 01:53 AM
Happened to me tonite. It got me thinking how dangerous dressing around anything with open flames could be. Most of what we wear is VERY flammable!:eek:

Synthetic fabrics, lycra and spandex girdles, foam pads, etc! :brolleyes:

U smokers be extra careful. I was liting a cigarette for one of my stories and it started my latex glove on fire. Without thinking, I smothered it with my other hand which also had a glove on it! Stupid!:doh:
Luckily, it put out the fire before my hand got badly scorched!:thumbsup:

Tracii G
04-17-2016, 02:15 AM
I'll keep that in mind LOLOL
Sorry you had that happen.

phylis anne
04-17-2016, 06:29 AM
hmmm reminds me of the movie mrs doubtfire ,where she is cooking in the kitchen and her forms get too close to the burners!.do be careful
hugs phylis anne

Maria 60
04-17-2016, 06:47 AM
I always think about the hair, some of my wigs have long hair and as men we forget how long it really is and it could easily touch the stove or a candle. Thanks for the reminder to be careful.

Krisi
04-17-2016, 07:02 AM
Wigs are easily ignited and very flammable. It's best not to cook wearing one, especially over an open flame.

My thumb has never caught fire though.

Sarah Doepner
04-17-2016, 11:30 AM
Why was I not surprised when I read the title of the post that it was yours? Thanks for sharing the safety tip Sherry and please be careful.

Dana44
04-17-2016, 11:42 AM
I'll keep that in mind Sherry, wow it is good you got it out in time. Funny things we do when we are en femme. So the motto is keep away from flames.

larry
04-17-2016, 12:03 PM
I am just glad you are OK.

Pat
04-17-2016, 12:33 PM
I honestly can't count the number of times I've set my thumb on fire. Really, I can't. Zero is not a counting number. ;)

My wig lady has warned me repeatedly never to open an oven door (or lift the lid on a grill) while wearing a wig. Not that I've ever damaged a wig that way, but apparently she has had many customers who have crinkled their bangs that way and there's no repairing that. So you don't actually have to set things on fire to have heat issues.

Yoshisaur
04-17-2016, 12:35 PM
I'll keep that in mind the next time I light a scented candle, thanks.

Hell on Heels
04-17-2016, 12:37 PM
Hell-o Sherry,
We've seen Denzel Washingon in Man on Fire,
Jennifer Lawrence n Hunger Games - Catching Fire,
And Marilyn Monroe even did Some Like it Hot.
Now.... Comes something new and exciting,
Docrobsherry staring in Burning Rubber!!!!

That must have added an interesting twist to your story!
I'm glad your thumb didn't get scortched!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Robin414
04-17-2016, 01:48 PM
... something new and exciting,
Docrobsherry staring in Burning Rubber!!!!

LOL! It is in keeping with the "hot chick" theme 😂

Glad you're OK Sherry, and play safe!

rachellegsep
04-17-2016, 05:58 PM
Lit a table candle at a restaurant and managed to get one of my false nails alight :brolleyes:

Krisi
04-18-2016, 08:29 AM
Did your rubber suit come with a patch kit?

Krististeph
04-18-2016, 08:37 AM
Ouch! I hate burns-- even when i get to douse them immediately in cold water.

Costume fabrics can be scary... I had not thought of that too much, but the fabric i buy on line usually comes from (or is at least handled by) a reputable reseller.

I do worry about my clothes when they are piled together in the back room when cleaning things out.

Fire is scary- it is so destructive.

docrobbysherry
04-18-2016, 09:07 PM
Exactly why I posted this thread, Kristi. It's so easy to take things for granted and not think of how dangerous ANY open flame is! Who knew clicking a liter would set my thumb on fire? It never occurred to me!:straightface:

And, very funny, Krisi!:heehee:
But, my suit's silicone. Which doesn't catch fire easily. However, everything I wear over and under it DOES!:doh:

CynthiaD
04-19-2016, 08:30 AM
I've had the nail polish on one of my fingers catch on fire. Ouch!

flatlander_48
04-19-2016, 11:05 AM
doc:

Fortunately, it wasn't an asplode!?!?

DeeAnn

Mink
04-19-2016, 11:59 AM
hmmm reminds me of the movie mrs doubtfire ,where she is cooking in the kitchen and her forms get too close to the burners!.do be careful
hugs phylis anne

it's my first day as a woman and i'm already getting hot flashes!

HELLO!

Beverley Sims
04-19-2016, 04:33 PM
Some hair spray can be very flashy in front of a fire. :-)

My lovely nylon hair caught fire another time.