PDA

View Full Version : Skirt Suit help

veronicagurl85
02-21-2006, 02:41 AM
Hello girls well im fairly new here and im just wondering where most of u girls get ur cute skirt suits that have shorter skirts? All the ones that i see the skirts are past the knee. Im looking for about 2 to 3 inches above the knee skirt suits. Any help would be greatly apreciated. thanks girls. hope to hear all of ur suggestions:) :thumbsup:

AprilMae
02-21-2006, 03:15 AM
You may want to consider just shortening the skirts.

Leigh Davis
02-21-2006, 06:07 AM
One tip to try. Petite sizes are slightly shorter. All my skirts and suits are petite. You buy the same size, 12, 14, etc. but in petite.

Hope this helps!

classicgreysuit
02-21-2006, 06:20 AM
Hi Veronica,

I'm in the uk and it doesnt seem to be clear where you are. I got one lovely navy skirt suit in a Marks and Spencers sale and the other black one in a much cheaper shop called "what everyone wants". didnt try them on in the shop (I'm not as brave as some girls here) but due to the fact that i'm quite tall anyway -6ft 2ins- i've got it the right distance above the knee. I wouldnt go too short with it though as it kid of spoils the businesslike look that makes it so great to wear a skirt suit.

Kisses
Sarah

rachealgirl
02-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Hi, being a huge fan of the skirt suit, I say try Victoria’s Secret. Their skirts are always a few inches above the knee. However, THEIER sizes do run VERY SMALL, so if you can fit in them, go for it! Me, on the other hand, I’m a “big” girl (size 12) so V.S’s dos not have my size. Hope this helps!

caroline_cd_99
02-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Wow Sarah! I love the way you look in that picture, very nice suit and great legs too!

Veronica, I have had some success buying suits from the Lerner Catalog online at www.lernercatalog.com you may have to have them shortened to get the hemline you are looking for.

veronicagurl85
02-21-2006, 10:42 AM
hi again girls. thanks for all of your replies they have been very helpful. i am still looking around to find a nice looking skirt suit with a short skirt. I dont know if anybody saw the movie bedazzled but elizabeth hurley is wearing one really cute in the end of the movie but thats alittle to short just alittle longer than that one. but thanks again for all ur help girls. any more suggestions?:)

JoAnnDallas
02-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Go online and either browse some of the women dress catalogs or sign up for them to be delievered to your house. The usually will state how long the skirt is from the waist. Then just maeasure the distance from your waist to your knee. As stated "Petite" are shorter in length. I found that if it says 24-26" then it comes above my knee. If 27" or longer then it come below my knee. I too love a skirt that does not go below my knee, unless it is a full length skirt.

jenny_centaur
02-21-2006, 07:20 PM
im just wondering where most of u girls get ur cute skirt suits that have shorter skirts?

I got this at "MK One" or "Mk-1" or whatever it's called. I liked it so much I bought two, plus another two skirts in the same style.

Sorry about the miserable face - it didn't come with the suit:o

http://img136.exs.cx/img136/9904/nyoutfit24hq.jpg

michelleliz
02-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Try the good will. They have just about every think you could want at about half the price

Michelleliz

julie lavender
02-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi, being a huge fan of the skirt suit, I say try Victoria’s Secret. Their skirts are always a few inches above the knee. However, THEIER sizes do run VERY SMALL, so if you can fit in them, go for it! Me, on the other hand, I’m a “big” girl (size 12) so V.S’s dos not have my size. Hope this helps!
This is my first post ,I am hoping I will get my swirly short skirt tomorrow, I do have great legs ,lol, when i work out how you will see me in my pretty skirt.

BeckyAnderson
02-21-2006, 07:47 PM
Hi Veronica,

I don't know what size you are but a good source for shorter skirts are JC Penney's web site in Junior sizes. If you are lucky enough to have a Dress Barn store in your area they are another good source. I've also had luck in most of the major department stores but always in junior sizes. One problem with petite's is that (even thought the skirt is shorter) the jacket is also cut for a shorter torso which presents a sleeve length problem. For me, at least, I've always found that junior's sizes work best.

Hugs,
Becky

julie lavender
02-21-2006, 07:51 PM
I got this at "MK One" or "Mk-1" or whatever it's called. I liked it so much I bought two, plus another two skirts in the same style.

Sorry about the miserable face - it didn't come with the suit:o

http://img136.exs.cx/img136/9904/nyoutfit24hq.jpg
you have lovely legs, you need a hand bag to hold, to make your hands act in a more feminine way ,hugs julie.

Andrea's Lynne
02-21-2006, 09:35 PM
I've had good luck on the Newport News web site. Some very pretty skirt/suits.

Good luck

LaurenAnne
02-22-2006, 12:25 PM
www.eBay.com

I've gotten tons of short skirted suits from eBay. Amongst other great buys.