PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected daytime outing!

raeleen
04-19-2016, 11:35 AM
So yesterday I headed in to see my therapist, and on occasion I've been dressing when we meet. It's a nice chance for me to express femme and be in a safe space as I'm still pretty new to being in public and I don't pass very well. Well for one reason or another, we got our times mixed up, and she was unable to see me for what I thought was our appointment time. Super bummed. However, she then encouraged me since I was all girled up to go outside and enjoy the nice weather. She thought it would be good for my confidence to be out in the world. I was wearing a blue cotton dress, beige sweater, tights and angle boots. So a bit dressed up but nothing too fancy.

Now, I've never been outside during the day, and I was terrified about the idea. However, her office is in a super LGBT friendly area of the city, and I had actually been out a couple times in that area during the evening. So, I put on my big girl panties, and decided to go for a nice walk around the block. In daylight! I was so scared, but guess what. Nothing happened! No shouts or jeers. In fact, barely a sideways glance. I even went in and got a cup of iced coffee from a shop.

It did wonders for my confidence, and I can't wait to give it another go sometime.

I love hearing the stories of other girls venturing out, and just thought I'd share mine. I do think being a part of this supportive community and hearing how so many of you go shopping and explore the world so openly has helped me see that it's ok to go out and dress how I want.

Thank you!

Debra Russell
04-19-2016, 11:41 AM
It will just keep getting better :hugs:..........................Debra

Dana44
04-19-2016, 11:45 AM
Way to go Raeleen, yep it's a nice world out there and most people will let you be what you want to be. It is nice that you are building confidence.

suzanne
04-19-2016, 12:24 PM
Congratulations! No doubt that first outing will be your hardest, as well as the most memorable. It only gets easier from now on, and hopefully more fun!

Pat
04-19-2016, 01:21 PM
Awesome! One dainty step for raeleen; one giant leap for transkind. ;)

I too love the stories of people going out. Before I started going out on a regular basis, they gave me hope. Now that I go out routinely they remind me of that heady blast of happiness that comes from making that leap of faith and doing it. Congratulations!

reb.femme
04-19-2016, 02:04 PM
Hi Raeleen,

So another day walker joins the world. As someone who has just found this side of life too, it really is an epic feeling isn't it? I saw people cast the odd glance in my direction but that was it and I was floating on air, as it seems you were too. :cheer:

Becky

Beverley Sims
04-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Getting out and about is very intoxicating.

I am sure it's good for the health too.

Diversity
04-19-2016, 04:26 PM
Thank you for sharing. Hearing such stories continues to add to 'confidence-building' and becomes another mental step forward!
All the best,
Di

Rachael Leigh
04-19-2016, 05:03 PM
Yes Raeleen it can be a very nice experience and once past the jitters you begin to get comfortable.
I still get dry mouthed and somewhat nervous but it fades much quicker now.
So glad it worked out so nicely for you

Allisa
04-19-2016, 08:07 PM
See nothing to it and you went shopping too, OK maybe for a coffee but it was shopping. I suspect we'll be hearing a lot more from you about your adventures.

Robin414
04-19-2016, 11:06 PM
Awesome! One dainty step for raeleen; one giant leap for transkind. ;)

Now that's quotable!

Way to go Raeleen, as I've said before, confidence is a symptom of success! Put yourself in uncomfortable situations with a clearly calculated positive outcome and the symptoms will build!