PDA

View Full Version : female clothes while in drab

jessica33
02-21-2006, 09:23 AM
How far will you go in female clothes while in drab . I am thinking on the line of casual clothes and running shoes . This summer I would like to wear women's polo shirts , shorts , running shoes/slip on , nude hose as everyday wear . Has anyone tried this ? any negative reaction from people around you .

Robertacd
02-21-2006, 09:28 AM
I have worn everything you said except the shoes and pantyhose and I don't think anyone has noticed.

Julie Avery
02-21-2006, 09:37 AM
I have worn all of the above except pantyhose, but with shaved legs, in drab mode, to a Wal-Mart and a casual restaurant. I was noticed, but no one directly commented, and no riots ensued. My gg s.o. was with me, which helped keep my anxiety level down and perhaps muted possible reactions from others.

Yes I am
02-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Even my male clothes are on the eccentric side, I'd never describe anything I wear as "drab." I like to rotate some articles of female clothing into the mix, the most problems I ever have is that people sometimes assume that I am gay based on my fashion and my personality, but that doesn't really bother me. It actually helps make it less shocking to people when I tell them that I'm just their friendly neighborhood transvestite.

jessbcuzz
02-21-2006, 09:42 AM
I've worn matching bra's and panties, socks, and shoes. I have never done panyhose. However, I do keep my legs shaved.

bobbie anne
02-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Hello. I wear panties all the time, have a womans golf shirt and no one notices the buttons on the other side, never tried hoes with shorts.

joaniecd
02-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Well I wear womens jeans and blouses, panty hose but no shoes as it is difficult to find my size in other than 4" heels. no one has ever said anything about my attire.

Kimberley
02-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Lingerie is never a problem of course but pantyhose doesnt work on the golf course very well. lol. (Or so I'm told because I cant hit a ball to save my thong.)

If the idea is to go out then blend in. Most GG's dont wear any kind of hosiery in the summer. Gawds! Too hot!

As I said in another post, I have a lot of silk shirts/tops I bought when I was in Thailand (less than a quarter of the price you pay here) and some are quite flamboyant but I could care less what others think anyway. (I just wish my wife would leave them alone) To me it is all drab. Dressing is more a state of mind as far as I am concerned. For me, stepping out is a safety issue (more mental than physical).

Anyway, go out anyway you want, but the better you blend the less likely you are to get comments, and even less so if you are with your SO. (You dont say if you have one or if she is supportive)

Watch what ehe GG's are wearing and follow the lead.

Just enjoy yourself hon.

Hugs,
Kimberley.

JoAnnDallas
02-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Last summer, before the house sold in WV and wife came, I would go out wearing panties, pantyhose, bra, camo, a ladies T-Shirt, Ladies Slacks, a pair of ladies running shoes, and sometimes flesh color lipstick. No one seem to notice, even when I would have a couple of extra items in my basket, like pantyhose or lipstick. Then usually I used the self check out.

womanatheart
02-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi Jessica,
You know, I am enjoying going out more and more as a male with some efem touches vs going total efem. (I dont like the term drab - sounds so ....drab!).
I am currently waiting at DFW airport as a male but with the below on:
-low cut fem blue jeans (they feel great)
-hose (nude)
-unisex loafer shoes (often showing my hose while sitting)
-Fitted white blouse. (I did sew the collars down with buttons making it button down). Fem blouses have obvious large collars.
-bra with forms
-woman's suit coat (really very unisex)

I find this male/efem allows me to enjoy my fem side when situations don't allow me to go efem. I can also cover up when needed with the coat.
Love
Stephanie

Julia Cross
02-21-2006, 11:39 AM
My only comment is, what is the goal of male/enfemme when you are wearing a bra and forms? At that point one is crossing over to trying to appear as a woman and not just blurring the lines of male/female attire.

Julia

Annaliese
02-21-2006, 11:43 AM
How far will you go in female clothes while in drab . I am thinking on the line of casual clothes and running shoes . This summer I would like to wear women's polo shirts , shorts , running shoes/slip on , nude hose as everyday wear . Has anyone tried this ? any negative reaction from people around you .

In the summer I wear low rise short to Wal-mart and around town my legs are shaved all the time, I get looks and one woman said my legs look better than hers I said thanks of course.

I did have a co-worker comment on my watch on friday, asking me why I wear a girl watch, there was other co-workers around, my comment back to her, it is the kind of watch I like. She also started talking about her nephe who wears girl jeans and looked at me I was wearing V.S low rise jeans at the time. Then there was a comment is your nephe a crossdresser from one of the other co-workers and then some laughter, I said or may be he just likes that style and then I walked off. She has also commented on my finger nails in the past I keep them long and looking nice.
I am not sure what she is trying to do she is some what of a tom boy her self, I just keep being my self.

Anna

TracyDeluxe
02-21-2006, 12:00 PM
I am not sure what she is trying to do she is some what of a tom boy her self, I just keep being my self.

Anna

Some women, I have found, seem to really enjoy outing CD/TG'rs, why I don't know.

Deedee_tv
02-21-2006, 12:37 PM
I stopped buying men's clothes (for the most part) five years ago. I only buy and wear women's clothes that I can get away with. I have only women's jean, shorts and capri's. I have a few pairs of men's pants and shoes but no underwear. On the other hand, I have ton's of women's shoes and underwear.

Bottom line is nobody cares. I use to worry about it but people have way too many things to worry about than what you are wearing.

Deedee_tv
Currently wearing Avenue premium denim stretch bootcut jeans with designer flair on back pockets, ivory leather Cloudwalker slides, Avenue fitted stripped 3/4 length sleeve button up blouse and fuscia string bikini cotton panties.

womanatheart
02-21-2006, 01:12 PM
"My only comment is, what is the goal of male/enfemme when you are wearing a bra and forms? At that point one is crossing over to trying to appear as a woman and not just blurring the lines of male/female attire."

Julia,
Good Question.
What is the goal of wearing a bra and forms while drab?
Really - for my enjoyment only.
To the 99% who see me in this airport, I am a guy ... unless they look real close and see my hose or get a glimpse of my breasts/forms under my dress coat. I am not wearing a wig or makeup or jewlry.
Back to why? I dont know why exept I enjoy being as much a woman as I can even if it is just hose, fitted shirt and yes ..the feel of a bra, the feel of breasts and the feel of woman's jeans. I don't exhibit myself, it is really for my enjoyment only.:angel:

Love,
Stephanie

Billijo49504
02-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Last Sunday I had on a matching bra and panties, thigh highs, a hoody sweater from Fashion Bug, black jeans from Lane Bryant and my loafers from Avenue. Pretty much the same Saturday, except fuzzy socks instead of thigh highs. Not a stitch of mens clothes. :thumbsup:
ps. I don't have forms, just what I was born with.

KimberlyS
02-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Jessica, great question. I am currently home for lunch, and I have been wearing woman's jeans, socks, boots from London Underground, and long flair sleeve top/tee, and mens microfiber underwear. All of these femme things are mostly unisex looking to most and I am presently my male self. I dress this way fairly often and have received no comments.

And my attire is wife approved also.

KimberlyS-CD
just a guy in a skirt.

Jennifer in CO
02-21-2006, 01:44 PM
First of all wear what you are comfortable in. If you've never worn fem "in drab" then you haven't been comfy!! Start with jeans. Go to Wally World or similar and get a pair of basic womens (or Jr's depending on your size) jeans. Just plain - no fancy stich/etc. Then get a plain pull over blouse. Nothing with lots of flash, just plain cut/fabric..with or without a collar. If your jeans are blue, get a med.blue, tan or dark red/maroon. Black jeans get black, dark green or maroon tops (remember girls these are 1st steps out clothes). The hose or trouser socks should be black (solid) and a pair of black low heel or flat loafers. With your panties on inside your now fully cross dressed for your first time out ... and probably many more as absolutely no one is going to notice you!!

Jenn

Sierra Evon
02-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Totally ditto , on Deedee tv's, post, I too stopped buying mens clothes
about 3 yrs. ago , my drab is just womens casual wear, the way I wear
it and styles I choose , no-one has ever noticed or commented to me ever
peoples lives today are way to busy to notice much at all, my dresser is
much more full of drab womens casual wear than, other dressier stuff
anyway, black,browns, many different name brands of womens casuals
I wear it all the time........:cool:

Julia Cross
02-21-2006, 04:08 PM
...you are all so lucky. At 6'3", buying women's jeans. etc, is simply not that easy. I envy you all.

J

Denise01
02-21-2006, 04:42 PM
I now wear femme underwear 24/7 and have not bought any male clothes not for at least 3 years.
This time of the year, where I am, a lot can be hid under bulky clothes. I normally am fully underdressed femme, including a bra, cami, panties, panty hose or ladies socks, and depending on what I am doing often wear my breast forms. So far no one has noticed that i know of.
Ladies jeans fit me better than mens do, so i often wear them as well. When out, not fully femme, i will wear unisex clothes such as a plain colour ladies sweater or top, which you can't tell from a quick look, and also ladies slacks.
I am blessed with ( or cursed with ) narrow feet, and ladies shoes fit me much better than any mens i have ever bought. I do have some nice ladies walking shoes and also some ladies winter boots, which when wearing them even up close you would not know unless you were a shoe person.

The big thing I find is confidence in your self, treat people with respect, and act like it is the very normal thing to wear.

Needless to say, unless i am fully femme, i do not wear make up, wig, or nail polish.
In the sumer it is a little more difficult for me to wear femme clothes especially at work, due to the kind of work i do, however when not working i will wear uni-sex clothing.
As far as I am concerned, if a person has nothing better to do than look at the foot wear you are weaaring or the side on which your blouse ( shirt ) or polo shirt buttons up on, they do not have much to do.

Relax, I am sure you will enjoy and find that people are a lot more accepting than you may think

Denise

QZ2
02-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Well, Jessica, you have shown us with your thread that there are lots of us that use the women's clothing while in drab. I do as well, jeans, blouse, a little bit of femme jewelry that just barely makes it into the unisex catagory and shoes that are as femme as I can find to fit my feet.

Since I too spend a lot of time in airports, I have been afraid of the underwire in the bra setting off the alarms so I wait until after security to put it on. Stephanie, have you ever had this happen to you?

Kisses, QZ

womanatheart
02-21-2006, 07:29 PM
QZ,
Does an underwire bra set off airport security alarm?
I asked that myself. But deducted that since at least 99% of all women wear bras thru airport security and at least 50%+ (underwire seems a favorite) of women and I have never seen a woman lite up the security scan for a metal in bra - I figured the metal detecors were set low enough not to detect metal in bras. Wouldnt that be awful if some TSA guy was waving that metal detecor over you and it kept going off on your chest (underwire) or back ( hooks). Explain that!! (I dont wear underwire)
Today I had my blouse, forms and bra in my carry on and planned on changing once "in". I watched the TSA woman viewing the xray machine as my backpack and forms were scanned and she didnt flinch. So forms, must pass xray without notice. Now if you are one of those 10% + who get patted down and all carry on searched - you might get a blush or question from your searcher about your forms and bra in your luggage. I figured, I could explain it pretty easy.
I have wore bra, forms, hose while drab going thru security. Those behind me might have noticed my visable bra stap (when I took off my woman's suite coat), breasts or hose on my feet once shoeless but security didnt notice and seemed more concerned about boarding passes and the crowd. My concern - now, since the random searches and pat downs have increased, what if I had my bra and forms on while going thru a pat down? With arms out and standing straight - a TSA agent not notice? Any one experienced? Has anyone gone thru efem?:ange
PS: Sadly I spend alot of time in airports but find them cd enjoyable. (partial efem, opportunities to talk to other traveling women, etc)

Love
Stephanie

Rachel Morley
02-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Hi Jessica,

I posted a few times in the past that I openly wear women's clothes as a guy. Now don't get me wrong I'm not talking about skirts and dresses - I'm talking about girl's clothes that are not particularly feminine on a woman...but are feminine on a man.

In the summer I wear white women's tennis shoes that have pink trim on them, short white ankle socks, shaved legs (that have fake tan on them) women's khaki shorts, and colored women's fitted ribbed t-shirts that have satin trim at the neckline. If it's a bit chilly I wear a woman's classic high buttoning cardigan over the top. No one has ever said a thing to me. Sometimes there might be someone who gives me a quick glance up and down but pretty much people ignore you.

I strongly advise you to try this. Take it gentle at first and keep it fairly unisex, then gradually push the envelope until you are quite girly looking but not so girly that it makes you feel uncomfortable.

Have fun!

PTPJen
02-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Hi Girls,

This is my first post but had to get in on this discussion. Am older CD and always wear Girls Jeans bought from Lane Bryant or other store, haven't owned a pair of mens jeans in 10 years. Also usually wear panties. Love to get dressed in femn type shirt/blouse always someting out there, usually flashy colors (Men's Colors stink). Wear nylons or knee highs and womens shoes, clogs or women type loafer. When I'm bold and away from home area sometimes will wear jewlery, make-up but as a guy.

Now don't get me wrong I like to dress E-fem all the way, but theres something about being a fem type guy that gets reactions from female and always discussions, it great! Jenn

Gail Stauffer
02-22-2006, 01:14 AM
I haven't done that yet, but have certainly thought about it... at least with panties and pantyhose anyway I might have to do that!!! I love the silky smooth feel of nylon panties!!

AnnaMaria
02-22-2006, 07:08 AM
I wear womens jeans, dress pants, kahki's, and shorts all the time and have not had anyone say a word about it yet. In the summer I wear womens shorts that I got from the walmart and it is as if no one even in my small town has a clue that I am wearing anything different. Even the pairs of shorts that are obviously a little shorter than the average male wears don't seem to draw and atention to me as long as I don't act any different.

I think that your attitude will be the key to your success. If you act like there is something wrong then people will look closer at you and they might realize on close inspection that you are wearing womens clothes but if you act natural then most people will not even take the time to notice you and they will have no clue what you are wearing in the first place.

Though I have to agree about the pantyhose in the summertime being a bad idea it is not because I would be worried about being noticed but rather the fact that they would be very hot and uncomfortable.

i hope that this helps

anna

Lissa Stevens
02-22-2006, 08:34 AM
I wear women's jeans, underwear, belts and shoes all the time while "in drab".

Deedee_tv
02-22-2006, 12:01 PM
...you are all so lucky. At 6'3", buying women's jeans. etc, is simply not that easy. I envy you all.

J
Responding to Julia:

I am 6'4" 230lbs and the tall jeans (20 Tall) from Avenue and Lane Bryant are perfectly sized for me.

Deedee_tv

Meag
02-22-2006, 02:26 PM
I have spent the last three summers in shorts and hose. I wear women's shorts and hose and of course panties. I have also worn men's sheer thigh-hi's with shorts. I looked a long time to find mens short that were short as I wanted, and still these had 7 inch inseams, I found women's with 5 inch inseams and looked like men's, so I now wear women shorts, panties and hose, almost every where I go. The one that throws people off is the short men's socks and men shoes. I have had women comment on my legs. It's nice to hear. I don't shave my legs because, I don't have any hair on them, but no one has said anything to me. I wear hose and shorts when flying and with the short socks, nothing is said at security, and I act no different. I alway carry a couple of pair of hose and panties in my carryon, just in case. I know the screeners can see what is in the bag, I know, I was a screener at a Federal Building.

Being diabetic, I have swelling in my lower legs and feet and support hose control that, so no one will see me without my hose.

Meag

Julia Cross
02-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Wow Meag. I admire your courage. I know that sounds stupid, but I would have imagined stares from many. I applaud you. Perhaps I will try that this summer as well.

Julia

Amelia Moxon
02-22-2006, 04:38 PM
... I wear woman's jeans and trainers/boots/shoes when I can (all the time except to work and my one day at college) occasionally a nice pair of knickers or a thong, and a pair of cute girly socks too, no one has ever said anything except my parents that is.

On the same subject I saw a guy in York on Saturday (might have been a girl or might have been a gay I don’t know or care its not up to me to judge) but he was wearing those just below the knee length trousers in navy blue, fashion tights and some flat yellow pumps. :clap: good for him I say.

Hugs
Amelia xxx

Leigh Davis
02-25-2006, 08:35 AM
I wear pantys all the time. I have some womens loafers and tennis shoes. (Love the Keds logo!) Occasionally I will wear pantyhose under slacks or tights and forego socks. In the summer I have to admit shaved legs with a tan can look as good as hose.

I also wear women's bike shorts and I have a long leg nylon/lycra shaper as a cool weather cycling tight.

Bridget
02-25-2006, 11:31 AM
I like to rotate some articles of female clothing into the mix, the most problems I ever have is that people sometimes assume that I am gay based on my fashion and my personality, but that doesn't really bother me. It actually helps make it less shocking to people when I tell them that I'm just their friendly neighborhood transvestite.

Same here.

fancy nancy
02-25-2006, 03:29 PM
When I buy clothing,I pick out women's clothing that also looks like men's clothing also. My favorite yhing to wear in the fall and winter season is turtlenecks and sweaters. You will always find me wearing panties and bras with everything I wear. When wearing pants, I always wear tights . I shave my legs at least once a week to keep them looking good when wearing shorts.

kimmy p
02-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Hi, I wear shorts with biege hose all summer long. Never been bothered. Very few people even notice. If you do though, I would suggest that you shave your legs. Hair mashed down by hose will be much more likely to be noticed than bare legs in hose.

Kimmy P.

HotJean
02-25-2006, 04:29 PM
I was getting worried about this site. I’m a CD but I have no compunction to pass as a ‘classy lady’.

It’s has been good to read the stories of all the men out there that like to present as a man while wearing female clothing.

I’ve gotten some good ideas for this summer.

Thanks..

pammiecd
02-25-2006, 07:07 PM
After reading all these post, I think I'm going to go shopping; got alot of good ideas. Thanks

Jennaie
02-25-2006, 08:06 PM
I am not sure what she is trying to do she is some what of a tom boy her self, I just keep being my self.Anna

With people like that I love to put the ball in their corner with a response like: I have noticed that you always have something to say about my clothing, are you trying to tell me something, are you sexually attracted to me? Because if you are then just come out and say it, or are you trying to insult me? Because if you are I think it is very rude of you. Have I done something to offend you? Have I said something that hurt your feelings? Because if I have then please tell me so I can apologize.
And then I just shut up and look at her/him. And watch them squirm.

barbie lanai
03-13-2006, 09:25 PM
I just started wearing women's pants in drab a couple months ago. And since I had women's white walking shoes in the closet, decided they would go with the pants. Been wearing the cute little women's socks that just come up a smidge higher than the shoes for some time. When I slip the shoes off, the socks say "no nonsense" across the toes. And today put on one of my fem sweaters. So except for wig and bra was enfemme in drab. I bought a cute little women's black cowboy jacket several years back that I wore to work all the time. No one noticed the buttons on the wrong side. I suspect my supply of guy outer clothes will get donated over time as I replace them with women's wear.