PDA

View Full Version : Crossdresser.........sort of.

ZenladyCD5
04-19-2016, 05:04 PM
I like to crossdress, but........I'm not a "complete" crossdresser. When I say "complete", I mean passable as a female. In fact, I don't want to look female by wearing makeup or a wig (Just seems like too much work to get all "dolled up" to me.). So if somebody were to see me, they'd see me from the neck down in feminine attire, and from the neck up as just a regular male head and face. The only reason I crossdress is because I like to wear the clothing that women wear because some of it just seems more comfortable or more appealing to me. And most of what I like and/or like to wear is short skirts, heels, knee high boots, various tops, and lots of pantyhose, and a few other things. I don't go out crossdressed either. I mostly just stay at home in the apt. and do various chores or watch tv, etc. while crossdressed. It's not every day I crossdress, but once in a while when I have the time.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this post. I guess I'm just wondering if there were any others that kinda did the same thing I do: You like to crossdress, but you only enjoy the clothing only and don't want to completely transform yourself with makeup and wig, etc.?

Maybe what I am all saying might be weird, but that's how I feel. That's how I like to crossdress. Does what I am doing make me (or anybody else) less of a crossdresser than other complete crossdressers? Eventually, I'd like to meet other crossdressers, chat, share interests, etc., but I'm not sure how others would feel about me not being fully "one of the girls", know what I mean?

Dana44
04-19-2016, 05:10 PM
Actually there is a site of men that wears skirts. It is called skirtcafe and perhaps you can take a look at that. But there are a couple of them here. But most are girls in their hearts and try to blend in. But hey if you fully crossdress welcome to the site.

Pat
04-19-2016, 05:25 PM
There's no such thing as "complete crossdressers" -- just crossdressers. Since you are a male purposely wearing women's clothing, you are one. There are all kinds from the ones who are total female impersonators to guys who just wear some small article under their street clothes. Relax. Enjoy the company here. But be warned that crossdressing is more of a journey than a destination -- things may change for you even if you think you have it all sussed out right now. ;)

iGenny
04-19-2016, 05:57 PM
Hi Zenlady,
There is all sorts of dressing going on here - there are no minimum requirements.

Right now I'm wearing leggings, long sleeve top, bra & panties. No makeup today, though there are times I'll indulge. I just took my wig off to eat my dinner (love my wig, but gotta get some barrettes). Oh, yeah, I have a permanent beard.

I like to think I'm one of the girls - nobody has told me I'm not!

StacyCD
04-19-2016, 06:17 PM
Most of the time I'm 'fully dressed' in femme attire without makeup. It just isn't worth the effort to put on makeup unless I'm going out. Lipstick is the exception!

phylis anne
04-19-2016, 06:27 PM
A little lol here :)
oh go ahead they said try on the panties ,then it was try on the bra they said oh what fun you will have they said this goes on in a very addictive state til one day------------- there in the mirror is a full dressed woman ,go ahead they said it will be fun-----------:D The thing is I started out trying to blend now it is the full monte albeit rather slowly
hugs and happy dressing phylis anne

ZenladyCD5
04-19-2016, 06:33 PM
This is about as far as I am willing to go crossdressed. Sorry my face is blanked out. Too shy and I'm not willing to show myself. Notice no wig and/or makeup. As I said in my opening post, I have a penchant for short skirts, and I absolutely LOVE opague pantyhose/tights. :D

ChristinaK
04-19-2016, 06:42 PM
Sorry Zen, you're one of us. It wasn't too long ago that I was you. We won't judge you as most of us progressed to where we are. If you don't, good for you, life is easier.

Welcome and I hope you find the commeraderie that so many of us feel here, whatever the dimension of your proclivity to dress :-)

AllieBellema
04-19-2016, 06:45 PM
While I have gone out and picked up some wigs and slowly have begun working with makeup, I was pretty much at the same level. I dress because I enjoy doing it and I'm not gonna go out to look like the perfect woman, however I do like being able to look somewhat passable and somewhat feminine so I'll do what I need to do. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with how I look!

Rachael Leigh
04-19-2016, 07:24 PM
Zen yes your one of us and that is a cute outfit, when I began my journey years ago I to never thought I would go all in with wig and makeup but I knew deep down I wanted to, not saying that's you but many of us have been there.
I'm now one who enjoys occasionally going out and just being Leigh it's just a nice change from my male self.
However I understand that is not for all so welcome to our group and don't be shy and jump right on in

Maria 60
04-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Well you said that magic words, you like to wear women's clothes. I believe your a crossdresser, like it or not. I use to be the same as you, the mastake I made was try lip-stick, and a wig. Now I can't dress without a wig, and I'm addicted to the taste of lip-stick, thanks to this site.

IamWren
04-19-2016, 08:14 PM
Ummm... yeah. You are SO a crossdresser.
Nice legs by the way. :)

Mykaa
04-19-2016, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the smile and welcome to the club, hehe. I too do this.

Eva Bella
04-19-2016, 08:50 PM
I thought the same thing as you a few years back, and spent a lot of time reading Skirtcafe and Legwear as Unisex Fashion. I'd also say that I'm primarily interested in women's clothing. I don't necessarily want to be a woman or ever see myself transitioning into one.

But... then I tried dressing up fully as a woman, and.. my god. No turning back after that. It's a whole new world, and a wonderful one at that.

If you're interested in exploring it more, then try a professional makeover service. It might be the start of something good!

ZenladyCD5
04-19-2016, 11:29 PM
Whether or not I progress to getting a wig or trying other things in the forseeable future, I don't know. For right now, I'm just content to wear the clothes only as I find them comfortable to wear. I just feel a bit more "at peace" or relaxed when I wear women's clothing. Women's clothing is so much nicer and more variety than men's clothing.

LelaK
04-20-2016, 12:03 AM
Last year I had a GF who didn't want me to crossdress and made me get rid of my feminine wear. I was okay with that, because I liked her more than the clothes. Then she broke up with me last fall. I haven't been much interested in dressing until yesterday. I have one light pink dress and a dark pink blouse that escaped my purge last year. Now I'm getting comfy dressing again. It's starting to make me feel feminine again like it did two years ago to dress. I've never tried to do any makeup or wig yet, but I'd like to see if I could look much more feminine, so I expect I'll try something like a makeover eventually. But I'll probably try to get another GF first.
Anyway, welcome to the club. Doesn't matter how much or how little you dress or how far you go, if I may speak for everyone.

prettytoes
04-20-2016, 04:11 AM
You are not alone! I am pretty much the same. I love short skirts as well! I also wear panties 24/7, shave my legs and pits, and of course I have colorful toes! Makeup and wig once in a great while...but not very often.

Lacey New
04-20-2016, 05:22 AM
We are all here on this site because we are all somewhere along the crossdresser continuum - so welcome to your place in line. you look great by the way!

JamieG
04-20-2016, 06:23 AM
Zenlady, I was much like you for a long time. Tights were my gateway, and from when I started dressing in my tweens until I was 30 I had never worn a wig or makeup. Then for a while I said I'd never shave my legs or underarms... Guess how that turned out? Anyway, my point isn't that you will progress -- maybe you will, maybe you won't -- but that you are definitely welcome here.

mykell
04-20-2016, 06:59 AM
hi zenlady,
crossdresser.....definitely.
well before i ever joined here i never thought of going full montey with dressing or walking about in the wild,
its different things for each individual and as long as you are comfortable not being "one of the girls" have at it.

i found a p-flag group that i attend, they have different groups, the one i attend is trans, family and friends.....so all in attendance are not part of the spectrum.
my first time i went i did not dress, then the next i did, now i go varied, either male or female never a mix, once with my goatee, never made to feel uncomfortable,
so it may be worth a try to go to something like that for you.

personally the only reason i ever brought forms and wig was to be able to blend in so didnt feel so on display if i ever dared to go out, now it just feels natural to be out that way....

here is a search i did for midwest

https://www.google.com/search?q=midwest+pflag&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

CarlaWestin
04-20-2016, 07:16 AM
After looking in the image archives I noticed that makeup, jewelry and wigs started happening with me about three years ago. Before that it seems to be a lot of bras and boobs. Now, I need to do the full on girl look or something close with minimal makeup. Yeah, I'm a crossdresser. And I love it!

Tina June
04-20-2016, 07:46 AM
Zenlady - I do not wear makeup or wigs and just dress in what feels comfortable to me. I don't try to pass as a woman. I consider myself a crossdresser.

"I yam what I yam, and that's all that I yam" - Popeye.

Georgina
04-20-2016, 07:54 AM
I rarely do wig and make up but I wear the clothes as I adore them. Every man is entitled to beautiful clothes.

PattyT
04-20-2016, 07:57 AM
You are certainly a crossdresser. You don't have to go all the way. A lot of CDs start out with just a few items of female attire and stop there. Some go to add more. Some go as far as going out totally en femme. How far anyone goes depends on the individual. I also started small but eventually wanted more, until I started going out totally en femme.
I'm not even sure the question of "evolve" even applies here. Evolve seems to imply getting better, constatnly moving higher up the ladder. When it comes to crossdressing, any level you feel comfortable is fine and no further progress or evolution is necessary. If you are happy where you are, without the wig or makeup, that's just fine.
As the other CDs responding to you post hjave mentioned, you are indeed welcome here as a bonafide CD.

Glendy
04-20-2016, 08:10 AM
I also started like most here just wearing female clothing and not going all the way with make up and wig. I still do that most of the time but I really enjoy it more when I get to dress up all the way with make up and wig. When I do that it makes me feel very feminine and I enjoy that felling, I'm not saying that I want to be a female I just enjoy felling like a female when dressed.

Jennifer W
04-20-2016, 09:01 AM
Zenlady,
Yes indeed you are a crossdresser. I'm pretty much the same as I wear bras, panties and my preference of leggings every day. I don't own a wig or makeup. I have a beard. I used to worry about what people think of me but life is way too short to worry about others. I'm just happy to be able to do what I want whenever I can.

vicky_cd99_2
04-20-2016, 10:02 AM
Yep you are a crossdresser. As am I. Sometimes it is just panties and bra under boy clothes. Other times it is full on wig and makeup or just a dress no wig or makeup. Just enjoy what you do.

ClosetED
04-20-2016, 10:29 AM
I started for most of my crossdressing years without wig or makeup - I did not think it was necessary and/or not sure what to do with it and/or that I would just look like a clown.
But with 2 years experience, I am hooked on how I can make myself now the person I had always dreamed of looking like.
Hugs, Ellen

Krisi
04-20-2016, 10:29 AM
If you are a man who wears women's clothes from time to time, you are a crossdresser. Or at least, you "cross dress". Some of us do it differently than others but that's OK.

I am a bit different from you as I like to "play" a woman as best I can. That means wig, boobs, hips, the whole works. We are all in the same boat though.

Jaylyn
04-20-2016, 10:41 AM
I didn't know the word crossdresser because I never thought I was anything but a guy that enjoyed moms lipstick and her girdles n hose. It all kinda started slowly at a very very young age. I was a rough a tumble boy but knew that silky feel was better than candy. Teenage years the silky feel gave me inner peace and help me thru puberty, then my college and working years helped me thru the stress and problems with my own family. They never knew except my lovely wife knew I enjoyed smooth feeling clothes against my skin. In retirement, family raised and just me and my wife I have started to explore more the deep rooted feelings I felt only in my young years, that's when I really started cross dressing with a passion. It does relax me, arouses me, and satisfies a deep urge that I've postponed with just the few articles of under garments I started with over 60 years ago. I didn't call myself a crossdresser or want to be one till I went all out and saw myself in the mirror feeling fully contented at peace in my soul. I still love being a male and won't ever be fully out but deeper down I know I'm a cross dressing fool. Its roots are deep inside me.
Every one has different levels of it. Seek your own level and enjoy, no matter where you start, how fast you progress or the place you seek to halt the progression, just enjoy the journey.

sometimes_miss
04-20-2016, 10:51 PM
I like to crossdress, but........I'm not a "complete" crossdresser. When I say "complete", I mean passable as a female.
Well then, under your definition, at least 90% of us aren't 'complete' crossdressers. The rest, well, it depends upon how far away we are as to whether we'll pass as female. Like car paint jobs; we say that a 20 foot paint job is one that looks great from 20 feet away. So me, I'm a 1000 yard crossdresser. At midnight. In the dark. During a total eclipse.

Tina81
04-21-2016, 11:58 AM
Zenlady,
I'm at the same level as you, i.e.,, no make-up or wig. 4" heels, panties, pantyhose (yes, I like especially like black opaque tights), slips, 38C bra, breastforms, skirts, blouses, dresses and, recently add bracelets and necklace and scarves.
Tina

Leelou
04-21-2016, 05:22 PM
No you're not "sort of" a crossdresser. You're a crossdresser.

It's interesting that you mentioned that you don't know if you'll end up progressing to wig and makeup. So just take your time, enjoy the journey. And if you ever decide to try wig and makeup, there are great resources to help--this site included.

GeorgeA
04-23-2016, 12:34 AM
Hi Zenlady,

I am very glad that you posted this. I always wanted to write something along the lines of your message. In my younger years we were called "transvestites". And reading upon the subject of transvestism I thought that it was "required" that we wear all that women wear. So I tried shoes, necklace perhaps lipstick. None of that appealed to me. So in spite of some posters saying that we start simple and evolve into more elaborate dressing it was different for me. I abandoned items that do not appeal to me. I do not wear women's shoes, makeup, jewellery, wigs, brassieres as I have nothing to put there.

I never wanted to be a woman, behave like one or even look like one.

I have evolved into my present stage that I dress in clothes that I find more pleasant & comfortable, clothes that are considered "women's" but I no longer regard them as such. I wear them, and I am a man, therefore they are "man's" clothes.

Like some other posters I also have facial hair, which precludes me from going out and about, dressed the way I like to dress.

On the other hand, I have attended several crossdressers functions where I was warmly welcomed, beard and all, and had a good time interacting with other CDs.

After I joined this forum I discovered, to my surprise, that just about all try to emulate women, and do so very well, I must say.
For a while I felt that I don't really belong here, but reading thousands of postings I found that even though I'm somewhat different there is an affinity present.

And encountering such a great variety of crossdressing types, from people like I, through "true" crossdressers, gender-fluids to trans-genders allowed me to appreciate the intent and desires of others.

For a period of time I did not consider myself a "true crossdresser" and searched for a word that would describe me, as "man-in-skirt" is an awkward construction and not easy to say.
I have failed to find a proper word for it and therefore I am still a "crossdresser" and that's fine with me as it puts me in the same boat as those members here, whom I now consider "friends".

My dressing preferences are somewhat different than yours, but that is true of just about everybody else.

This is a very interesting discussion, as most of them here, are.

Once again, thanks for posting.

trisha kobichenko
04-23-2016, 02:27 AM
I totally relate. I still have the beard I have worn since I was in college (decades ago), but dress at home almost daily. I have fantasized about shaving, having a makeover and a night out, but am still quite comfy dressing en femme most of the time, presenting as male when I leave the house.
Trisha

Claire Cook
04-23-2016, 04:45 AM
Hey, it's like what the lady in a roadside stand said when I bought one of her dresses in drab .... "Whatever floats your boat!"

BLUE ORCHID
04-23-2016, 06:07 AM
Hi ZenLady :hugs: , The only rule for Crossdressing is that there are no rules.

For me it's all or nothing when I get dressed I love seeing that
lovely lady in the mirror smiling back at me...:daydreaming:...

Raychel
04-23-2016, 07:08 AM
You are definitly not alone here, I am the same
I do have a couple of wigs, packed away someplace.
That is how often I wear them, But from the neck down every chance I get.
Only had makeup done once by my wife for a Halloween party, other then that one time.
never had any makeup on.
So every chance I get just an guy dolled up from the neck down.

DW
04-23-2016, 08:53 AM
I too stop at the neck. No wig or makeup. Tho, I do go out dressed femme. Love walking around in skirts and heels!

Deane
04-23-2016, 10:03 PM
Zen, "Crossdresser" is a label, who cares if you are or not? I wear the clothes (bra, panties, skirt, cami/blouse, tights/leggings/stockings, heels), have naturally long hair, never disguise my voice or try to have fem mannerisms, and refuse to shave my mustache. Do shave legs, arms, and pits. The only makeup I wear is the occasional toe polish. Never care to try to pass. Don't have any forms and don't want any. Completely straight and quite happy being a man. Am I a crossdresser or a guy in women's clothes?

So no, you're not alone.