PDA

View Full Version : Live Longer

deebra
04-20-2016, 08:25 AM
Just read in the newspaper a British study says normal people live longer than depressed people. That's not rocket science, we all know that. Now knowing that is true; let's expand on that theory/fact. We all know how good it feels to put on women's clothes and crossdress, nothing else compares with how good it makes us feel, we even love it so much we hate to take them off. If the British expanded on this study to include crossdressers I'm sure the new data would show that men that crossdress are happier and live longer than the two previously mentioned groups. Could the (female) clothes that women wear be the reason women's life expectancy is longer than a man's? If men want to live longer should they start wearing panties? Black bikini's over white grannies could give you a couple extra month's. And the skeptics doubted these studies achieved anything?

Kate Simmons
04-20-2016, 09:16 AM
I personally think it has more to do with how we take care of ourselves and how we take ownership of ourselves myself. :)

Allisa
04-20-2016, 09:40 AM
I know when I'm dressed en femme I feel much younger and happier and less stressed, so maybe that helps and what Kate said also.

Jenniferathome
04-20-2016, 11:20 AM
Wow! You took a leap with that one and crash landed. Th far more likely scenario is that cross dressers are more screwed up than the average normal due the shame and seclusion that is typically a part of cross dressing.

Ressie
04-20-2016, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I'd also say there is a depression factor with crossdressing. Not for all CDs of course, but for many. Successful marriages tend to make people happier. So if you're wife doesn't accept CDing...

Sandyhappygirl
04-20-2016, 12:26 PM
The bottom line then is simply that if you do anything you enjoy you will be less stressed with all the positives that brings. Therefore you should do as many hobbies as you can and better still, do them in a skirt or dress and you may live forever. If not, you will at least die happy!

Sandy :)

Beverley Sims
04-20-2016, 12:39 PM
You have to have a happy environment around you.

No use living a covert life with deceit all the time.

Lorileah
04-20-2016, 12:43 PM
that is a S T R E T C H to get from point A to point B. Flawed logic at best. The age difference between men and women has narrowed significantly and women still wear the same clothes they did 30 years ago

FrancescaDienes
04-20-2016, 01:07 PM
I always thought the difference was down to men usually taking up more dangerous occupations than women, such as police, military and construction. Given that a lot of these industries have become safer and have become more accessible to women (though there may well be some way to go), it's not really a surprise that the gap in life expectancy has closed. Also, there are higher suicide rates amongst men, whether it's down to cultural expectations that men are not supposed to talk about their feelings I leave this to more qualified scholars. I will say this though, as a chronic sufferer of depression, since I have taken up crossdressing in recent months, it has helped me feel a lot better about myself and allows me to express a side of did not feel ready to do so early, even though I keep it a private affair at the moment. It would be interesting to know if there is a link between crossdressing and it's effects on such things as mental and physical health, life expectancy and overall quality of life, but, aside from my own experiences, I would hesitate to make any conclusions. An interesting question all the same.

deebra
04-20-2016, 06:21 PM
In case anyone hasn't figured it out I took the article and turned it into a joke, just playing, having a little fun; it in no way was ment to be serious.

Ressie
04-20-2016, 07:22 PM
In case anyone hasn't figured it out I took the article and turned it into a joke, just playing, having a little fun; it in no way was ment to be serious.
I also have a dry sense of humor. People tell me to throw in some 'LOLs' and smiley faces :) so they'll know I'm just joking.

PattyT
04-20-2016, 08:08 PM
" Could the (female) clothes that women wear be the reason women's life expectancy is longer than a man's? "
I am not so sure about that, at least not nowadays since GGs often wear clothes so little different from those that men wear!
Still, you might be right for those who wear genuine female attire reasonably often.

As for CDs living longer, I would certainly go along with that. I have a lot of interests such as reading, model railroading, and building wooden ship models which give me quite a lift. None of these has the exihilirating effect that going out en femme does.

"We all know how good it feels to put on women's clothes and crossdress, nothing else compares with how good it makes us feel, we even love it so much we hate to take them off. If the British expanded on this study to include crossdressers I'm sure the new data would show that men that crossdress are happier and live longer than the two previously mentioned groups."

Absolutely. I always feel immensely better after a day out en femme than on any other day. It is so totally uplifting and stress jusst melts away.I do love the attire and really hate to take the clothes off at the end of the day. Lots of factors are given for longlife, such as proper diet, and things like avoiding stress and smoking. CD is probably even more important that those for crossdressers.

Jennifer did make an interesting comment, however.

"The far more likely scenario is that cross dressers are more screwed up than the average normal due the shame and seclusion that is typically a part of cross dressing."

This has to be kept in mind. Crossdressing more than likely does lead to a longer life for those who can crossdress successfuly. There have, however, been so many sad stories on this forum about problems CDs encounter, such as CD and marriage, and other social issues. In this case is could create a huge amount of stress, leading to a shorter life. To determine whether or not this is the more likely scenario would need a lot more study.

In the end result it all depends on how successful the crossdresser is.

Ineke Vashon
04-20-2016, 08:14 PM

Why not? I'm an octogenarian and have worn panties 24/7 for years. Obviously, it's working :yahoo:

Ineke

deebra
04-21-2016, 06:22 AM
I repeat, like my thread #10 said, I took an article I read in the newspaper and expanded on it to turn it into some humor which this site doesn't have. In no way are the British going to single out CDers and compare them in this study.

Now to seriously tell you what I think; CDing comes with pleasure and problems, I think the good balances evenly with the bad and CDing does not extend or shorten one's life.

CarlaWestin
04-21-2016, 07:20 AM
I personally think it has more to do with how we take care of ourselves and how we take ownership of ourselves myself. :)

Absolutely, Kate. It's all about being honest with your health and honest with yourself. Sure, I'm a crossdresser. And I'm so fortunate to have found such a gratifying and enjoyable experience. I certainly don't waste any emotion stressing over anything. At my age, I've already survived everything.

PattyT
04-21-2016, 07:33 AM
One simplified way to answer this is to say that anything which does not hurt your helth but gives you pleasure and removes stress will help lengthen life. If CD gives you a great deal of pleasure, it will help lenghten your life. If it becomes a source of great stress and anxiety it could help shorten your life.

SheriM
04-21-2016, 08:06 AM
I agree with you deebra, at least its possible that wearing womens clothes will make me live longer. So I'm not taking any chances - its bra and panties for me. Sort of like insurance.