PDA

View Full Version : Post life question

Brooke B
04-20-2016, 11:18 PM
So this question is more for us girls that are hidden in our lifestyles but everyone is welcome to comment. Have you ever thought about the day that you pass on. At your wake/viewing, in your hidden life, would you have yourself exposed as to who you really felt you were? As the family and friends were passing through the line what would you think they would say. If it was your wish to be presented as a cd/trans, but your family never knew this of you, do you think they would honor your wish. I hope this is acceptable to post, just thought it would be a neat question and thought it would have some interesting answers. Lets hear them girls!

Rachelakld
04-21-2016, 12:11 AM
I'm out to family, but would prefer my pre-burning viewing to be my military uniform (unfortunately it didn't survive all the house moves).

AmandaM
04-21-2016, 12:31 AM
I told my wife to burn it, don't waste money on the nonliving. Scatter my ashes at a windy mountaintop and I'll be in the sky forever. If someone wants to visit me, look at the clouds. That's where I'll be.

Teresa
04-21-2016, 12:54 AM
Tammy,
This question often comes up , but as my family all know, if I asked to be dressed I don't know if they'd honour my wishes or not, I guess it depends on how I pass on. Some days I feel I must write my wishes down and others that they should remember me as the person they thought I was.

It something I know we should think about but I can't help feel that shudder when thinking about such things.

Tracii G
04-21-2016, 12:58 AM
Probably not want to burden my kids with trying to explain to family about why I have make up on so CD in casket no.

If they clean my belongings out of the house I don't care if they find my girl stuff. I have a letter written to them explaining all the things about their Dad they never knew.
The last wish would probably not be done either but I can't mention that here but if you are inclined to know you cam PM me.

Kate Simmons
04-21-2016, 05:19 AM
Despite our wishes a family will normally do what it sees best as far as arrangements. For ourselves it really doesn't matter the way I see it.

JennykBailey
04-21-2016, 05:30 AM
My wife has said she'll get the undertaker to slip some lingerie on under my clothes. She's so cool

Rhonda Darling
04-21-2016, 05:39 AM
My wife has suggested she will have me in guy mode from the waist up, but in femme mode from the waist down. Since I'm not out to everyone, the hidden mode would be most appropriate. If I should ever go full time, or transition, things would be appropriately different.

(To clarify for those unfamiliar with standard funeral home practice in the States, cadavers displayed in coffins are covered from the waste down -- visitors view only the top half of a deceased person's former body.)

Alice Torn
04-21-2016, 05:52 AM
Being an old loner single, And only a brother and sister left. and my dad is 95,, there may be nothing but strangers who find me and all mys things, when i go to the big sleep.

BLUE ORCHID
04-21-2016, 06:56 AM
Hi Tammy :hugs: , I once told my:love:wife what dress and wig that I want to be laid out in,
And her exact words to me were, "OVER MY DEAD BODY" !!...:daydreaming:...

PattyT
04-21-2016, 08:13 AM
This thought does occur to me from time to time. It becomes a kind of theological question. I don't think the mundane things matter after death. As a Christian, after death means being with God which overshadows all else.

IamWren
04-21-2016, 09:56 AM
My wife doesn't know (at least I don't think she does) of my affection for wearing girly things sometimes but she does know about my girl undies. In fact, she threw out all my boy undies two or three months ago because she hated the way they looked on me compared to girls' boyshorts.

One morning I was getting ready for work and just a t-shirt and my undies and she said, "when you die I'm going to say to everyone, 'something about my husband you probably didn't know is he wore girls' undies.... and his hiney ROCKED that look, too.'"

We both laughed but I wonder if she'll really do that. :)

Stephanie47
04-21-2016, 10:07 AM
I'm going straight from the death bed to the organ harvesting table to the incinerator to a national cemetery. The only regret I have is I'm not Irish. When growing up in New York we had some really great blasts at the wakes......party time! No mourning the dead. Just a lot of hoisting a few.

Pat
04-21-2016, 10:22 AM
Don't care. When I'm dead they can dress me in a clown costume and put a Republican pin in my lapel -- I'll have "left the building" at that point. I hope my cousins come because they're a fun crowd and they've gotten me through many a sad funeral and I trust they'll do the same for the folks I've left behind. If they have some fun at my expense I have no problem with that. ;)

Alice Torn
04-21-2016, 10:32 AM
jennie, That can be said for all politician clowns, worldwide! The big sleep, is the great equalizer.

Lily Catherine
04-21-2016, 11:56 AM
When I die, it is literally none of my business. On the other hand, it's that of my loved ones and relations, so their wishes take precedence over mine any day. Ashes to ashes; I wouldn't stress myself over what happens in this world once I am called home to God.