PDA

View Full Version : A little upset

JessieA
04-22-2016, 10:17 PM
Just got back from a trip and open my suitcase with both drab and Jessica items in it and a note falls out apparently TSA opened my checked luggage and when thru everything as part of a random search. Note said if it had been locked the would of broken the lock. I know it's for our safety but still fell a little violated.

CynthiaD
04-22-2016, 10:21 PM
There's one small airport I fly out if where they open my suitcase for inspection every time. You get used to it after a while.

Lorileah
04-22-2016, 10:22 PM
Part of the deal. I am sure that somewhere when you check luggage it says they can do that. That's why it is recommended not to lock the luggage.

Now the next question, why worry, you don't know any of them (and imagine how many GGs and men get searched daily)

Lauri K
04-22-2016, 10:27 PM
It happens, don't worry though.

I keep a TSA lock on my bags, so they can search them all they want to............... and they have.

I feel like they must love to touch my bras and pantyhose because everything else in the bag seems to still be the way it was when I packed it..........coincidence or random not sure

Don't let it deter you though from traveling as yourself

Jenniferathome
04-22-2016, 10:28 PM
That's the cost of flying today. Don't blame TSA, blame terrorism

JessieA
04-22-2016, 10:29 PM
I understand and accept it on a intellectual level. Just bothers me a little emotionally.

AllieSF
04-23-2016, 02:37 AM
I have had several of those notes in my luggage. I pick up the note, read it and then roll it into a small ball and toss it in the nearest garbage can. No big deal unless you make it one!

Maria 60
04-23-2016, 05:18 AM
Believe it or not and I know a lot of people say this, it for our own safety, but in our situation it is a little hard to except.

Kate Simmons
04-23-2016, 07:00 AM
That may be true but if we have to travel and we already know this, we know it's an inconvenience we just have to deal with.:battingeyelashes::)

Helen_Highwater
04-23-2016, 07:05 AM
Don't you have baggage X-ray machines in US airports??? Surely it would be better to use sniffer dogs trained to find explosives or drugs to identify suspect cases and examine those rather than what seems a "poke and hope" approach?

And what's the point of TSA approved locks if all they do is cut them off. What they're actually doing is giving criminals (corrupt baggage handlers) an opportunity to use someone else's baggage to transport contraband from A to B and hide the fact by sticking a forged note in the case.

An alternative is to do the search at the check in point or after the collection belt but then you'd be face to face which many of course would find somewhat embarrassing. "Can you tell me what these pink tear dropped shaped squidgy things are sir?"

mykell
04-23-2016, 08:30 AM
hi jessie,
i have not traveled by plane since those events that sent this policy into motion.....not that i dont want to but we have not had the resources.....my thought after reading was since were not on the sly as they have ways to expose this and/or make whatever assumption when they do we have made a difference, now these folks have discussions with family and friends and now make this subject more everyday as im sure that this happens everyday, eventually it will just be "normal"

a little bit of good will come of it i suppose....

MissTee
04-23-2016, 09:10 AM
I travel a lot and it has happened to me many times. In all likelihood, unless you have an obvious sign that maybe you CD (like breast forms) they probably think you and your wife use the same suitcase to pack. Happens more often than finding a CD's suitcase stash.

Nevertheless, having your bag searched is a part of travel these days and after a dozen or so searches you barely notice. I have one compartment on my frequent bag where they always put the notice. Inside that compartment I have a stack of notices (and there must be 25 or 30 of them) from prior trips held together by a large paper clip. Last two times I was searched they added the slip to the stack for me :)

JessieA
04-23-2016, 09:38 AM
If you have silicon breast forms and they x-ray the bag I gather because of the way it shows they will almost always open the bag which is why I check the bag. A while back they were in my carry one and the went thru the bag in a public place. The TSA agent had to ask another what to do and the check the box they were in for chemical residue. Fortunately the person with me knew about me and no one else really noticed so I always check a bag with Jessica stuff now.

Angie G
04-23-2016, 10:15 AM
I know Jessie I know. It's getting to be a big pain now days.:hugs:
Angie

Beverley Sims
04-23-2016, 12:49 PM
I have had three locks broken by TSA ect, better than leaving it unlocked, spring open and losing the contents to some airport staff.

It is a soft deterrent to lock bags but don't feel violated when they admit searching your bag.

I would be violated if I found most of the contents missing for no apparent reason.