PDA

View Full Version : Sara's 1st Shopping Trip - arranged at last!

Girly Sara
02-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Hey girls!

Firstly, to the moderators, I hope you don’t mind me putting this thread in ‘General’ as I want it to be seen by as many people. However, if you need to move it, I’ll respect that.

Anyway, after 3 years of being ‘out of the closet,’ I’ve finally committed myself to doing something I never thought I would do…..my first ever shopping trip as Sara….and the girls that know me will probably be saying “About bloody time too!” lol

No seriously, Friday 3rd March 2006 is THE day for Sara to blossom. I wasn’t going to advertise this fact as it will inevitably put pressure on me to follow it through.

After visiting both Lakeside and Bluewater shopping malls in boring male drab recently, I’ve decided on Bluewater for my first trip. For all the girls overseas, these two malls are massive and based just outside London. To say I am nervous and apprehensive right now is an understatement and I’m sure many of you more experienced girls can remember your first experience quite vividly and understand what I am feeling right now.

Setting aside the inevitable nerves and apprehension, I’m sure this forthcoming experience will ultimately set the foundations for a more satisfying and rewarding time enfemme. Call me ‘obsessive’ but I just can’t stop thinking about the shopping trip. I think every transgendered person has a time clock in their mind which sounds an alarm bell when it’s time to overcome that next hurdle and I think shopping enfemme in the real world IS a major hurdle which I have to deal with NOW. I would have done the shopping trip this week but my girlfriend can’t get time off work until next week.

Clothes-wise, I’ve decided on a blue denim jacket over a white blouse/shirt, black ra-ra skirt (which is just above knee length) black knee high boots and opaque tights. Thanks to the people who’ve offered advice on the best look (you know who you are) My make up will obviously be toned down.

I’m also considering visiting my local salon (where I currently go regularly as Alan) to have a french manicure before setting off for the shopping. Need to find out if I make an appointment as the girls have told me (in jest) that they’ll ban me from the salon if I don’t come in as Sara before the end of the year! lol

Finally, if anyone can offer any last minute advice to help quell my nerves, it would be much appreciated as this means a lot to me and I feel that ‘euphoria’ will be an understatement once I’ve done it.

I hope to hear from you soon, girls.

Hugs from Sara xxxxx

Kimberley
02-21-2006, 02:01 PM
You are going out with a friend? Good moral support. Dont forget lunch too.

You go girl and enjoy the experience.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hugs,
Kimberley.

monicawyer
02-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Sara - take a deep breath, relax, big smile, hold your head up high and get out there! You look fabulous, your outfit sounds great and not out of place for a day's shopping. You will have the time of your life, spend FAR too much money and go home exhiliarated and over the moon! And if you get the bug for it please PM me - I would be very happy to accompany you the next time - it's been a while since I went to Bluewater!

Monica xx

Roxane
02-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi Sara

Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Take a friend should make you less nervous. But most of all enjoy.

Do you use your plastic when you shop? Can you get a card as Sara? I have never thought about that until just.

x

Girly Sara
02-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Thanks for your replies so far girls.....

Kimberley - going to the mall with my girlfriend hun. Will try and do lunch although i'll probably feel sick in the stomach from nerves and/or the excitement.

Monica - Thank you for your compliment. Appreciate that. Your advice on what to do is certainly sound advice. Thanks again. I'll no doubt have the bug for shopping once i've overcome this hurdle. Shopping with you sounds great once i'm up there and confident ;)

Roxane - it's interesting you should mention about using a credit card, which i tend to use quite a lot! Naughty! lol I don't think i'd be able to get a card in my femme name unless i could provide a birth certificate proving my gender.

Anyway, hope to hear from girls soon and thanks again to you three.

Hugs from Sara xxxx

Roxane
02-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Hi ya Sara

I dont Suppose using a card that much of a problem now with chip & pin! I hope we will get some pics of the day!

Wish I could come to

X

Girly Sara
02-21-2006, 03:26 PM
I hope to get some pix from the day Roxane but i think flash photography may draw attention to me! GULP!!! ;)

Sara xxxx

Roxane
02-21-2006, 03:52 PM
Well pictures or not I am looking forward to the next instalment.

x

Penny
02-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Sara , going shopping is like learning to ride a bicycle. At first your affraid of
getting hurt. Once you learn your balance and realize how much fun it iis, you want to ride forever. It's good that you will a have a friend to keep you from falling. Remember to let your imagination work with your fingers because you'll never get around to trying on all that would to and plan on a next time before you leave. Have a wonderful experience and be sure to let us know how you felt.

monicawyer
02-21-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm sure most of you know this already but just ask your bank for a non sexing credit card. ie, if your name's Mr John Smith get one issued with J Smith. I've done this with all my cards. Mx......except mine doesn't say J Smith because thats not my name.......:bs:

TracyDeluxe
02-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Well, Sara, from what I've seen of your pictures here, you will have absolutely no problems!!

Enjoy, girlfriend! :thumbsup:

Sophia Rearen
02-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Sara, you're beautiful. Don't worry. Take us with you, that's what I did.

Julie Avery
02-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Sara, you go, girl!

Laurie Ann
02-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Sara sometimes an adult beverage or two or even three can calm your nerves or will at least allow you not to notice anyone else.

Victoria Pink
02-21-2006, 11:15 PM
Sara, go out and enjoy yourself! It will be as good or even better than what you have imagined it to be. Looking at your picture, I would say that you look fabulous and if you act like you belong there, no one will think twice about what they see.

I was really "out" for the first time last weekend. I rode shoulder to shoulder with people on an elevator and no one suspected a thing. It was the most awesome feeling. While shopping I found that the clerks were very friendly and helpful, even those who realized I was a crossdresser. They told me to come back again... soon. I'm sure that you will experience the same friendliness and respect.

If you are like me you will feel "jittery" at the start, but after the first contact with people you will settle down and before you know it you will be having the time of your life. Its great that your GF is going with you. Make sure you buy some things for her to show how much you appreciate her support.

Hugs,
Victoria :p

Girly Sara
02-22-2006, 06:41 AM
Hey girlies, thanks for your additional replies......

Roxane - hope you enjoy your next shopping trip hun - u go girl!

Penny - thanks for your advice babe. I'll definitely let everyone know i got on and felt. What a unique experience huh?

Tracey Deluxe and Sophia Rearen - thanks for your compliments girls. Really appreciate your support.

Julie Avery - cheers hun - MWAH!!!

Laurie-Ann - i'd normally follow your advice of a drink or ten! HIK! lol But i'll be driving to the mall so i need to be a good girl. Plus the fact that i won't remember the experience if i'm tipsy ;)

Victoria Pink - thanks for your compliment girl. I really hope my experience will mirror your words. Really pleased you've experienced some fab trips. Keep up the good work and don't worry, i'll definitely buy my girlfriend something nice (bless her!)

Told my Mum that i'm doing my first shopping trip last night and do you know what she said? She said "Do one thing for me please? Buy me something to remind us of your first shopping trip enfemme". What a sweet thing to say huh? I felt like crying.

Have just booked my french manicure before i go shopping next Friday. So i'll be doing two things i'd aimed to do this year. I'm so happy!

Thanks again girls!

Sara xxxx

Sophia Rearen
02-22-2006, 07:38 AM
Told my Mum that i'm doing my first shopping trip last night and do you know what she said? She said "Do one thing for me please? Buy me something to remind us of your first shopping trip enfemme". What a sweet thing to say huh? I felt like crying.

Have just booked my french manicure before i go shopping next Friday. So i'll be doing two things i'd aimed to do this year. I'm so happy!

Thanks again girls!

Sara xxxx

Sara,
Give your mum a big kiss for me. That's so sweet.
Enjoy that manicure! Oh my! The plan is building.

Girly Sara
02-22-2006, 06:51 PM
I'll give my Mum your kiss tomorrow thanks Sophia hehehe

Sara xxxx

Charlene Marie
02-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Sara, Simply fabulous love. By the lookof your avatar you could go anywhere.
Going with a friend is wonderful, make sure she isnt more nervous than you are that could blow your cover. You are in for a real thrill honey. just act like its perfectly normal, remember your money is as good as anyones anywhere and have fun, fun, fun.

Sincerely,

Charlene Marie

mskilmer
02-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Sara -

First of all ... you're gorgeous!

Secondly ... my first few trips out were rather nerve wracking and very exhausting. I usually go out with my wife, but occassionally I go it alone. Every time has been easier and more relaxed. I started out thinking every one was staring at me ... but have come to realize most folks just have other things on their minds and don't care. You'll have no trouble at all. I never have and you won't either. Have a blast!! And tell us all about it so we can live vicariously.