PDA

View Full Version : Why not me?

Leanne2
04-23-2016, 09:00 PM
Today I read one of those internet ads about the problems of men with low T levels. The article showed 2 males side by side. One was quite virile with six pack abs. And the other person looked like me; overweight with man boobs and love handles everywhere. The ad pointed out that because of chemicals men's E levels are higher than ever. The ad also stated that low T levels caused weakness and loss of hair. Well, I have low normal T with female level E and a full head of thick hair. My question is if E is so bad for males then why is it ok for cis women? Don't our sisters have normal E with low T? I don't get it. Do you?.................Leanne

Tracii G
04-24-2016, 12:11 AM
We are different than women biologically would be my guess.
Getting all hung up on stuff like this seems a fruitless exercise in futility.

Frances
04-24-2016, 09:49 AM
High E for a male is nowhere as high as it is in a female. They were talking about men specifically.

Badtranny
04-24-2016, 11:03 AM
Women process E differently and oddly enough that includes Trans women.

If you're wondering why you're gaining weight with low T, it's because Testosterone is a performance enhancing chemical, and women have a hell of a time NOT gaining weight across the board.

Ever since I lost my testicles, I've been struggling to stay somewhat slim. Transition is a hell of a thing.

Tracii G
04-24-2016, 12:19 PM
Not sure where my T and E levels are but I always have a hard time not gaining weight.

Marcelle
04-24-2016, 05:24 PM
Hi Leanne,

Low T-levels in men occur over time as men age. I am not undergoing HRT as part of my transition and on my last medical my T-levels had dropped somewhat but are still in the normal range but compared to when I was 32 (20 years ago) a significant drop. My E levels are in the normal range for men. Yes one of the side effects of low T-levels is weight gain but also weight redistribution but then again, weight gain can be genetic as well (i.e., not hormone related) or it can also be thyroid induced. WRT hair loss that is more specific to body hair on the extremities (legs and arms). Androgen blockers resulting in low t-levels will reduce male pattern baldness. E is not bad for men (well there are potential for increased health risks) but if you are not a trans (MtF) then high levels of E and low levels of T will potentially reduce your strength and feminize your physiology (varies from person to person) so it could be problematic if you want to be bulky and ripped as a man.

Cheers

Marcelle

Leanne2
04-25-2016, 02:25 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies. I guess that I should have mentioned that I am a 66 year old transgender woman. Because of too much "Life" I won't be transitioning. Without taking hormones my E level is average for a premenopausal woman. And my T is at the low range for a male. I'm thrilled with my E level and breast development but I want an hourglass figure. Now I'm shaped like a peach. At 66 my E levels should be that of a postmenopausal woman, i.e. much lower than it is. My VA doctor orders my hormone tests once a year. At our VA hospital all of the M to F trans women are treated at the women's "Pink" clinic along with the cis women veterans. I always believed that women my age gained weight because their E levels went down. Mine aren't down..............Leanne