PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic Moment Of "Gettin' Out" Clarity...

looking_good
05-04-2016, 07:15 PM
I'm older and have dabbled at feminine dressing in various ways for years. Over the years, my spouse has become tolerant and supportive within some very reasonable and respectable boundaries. I'm not mis-gendered, I simply have a feminine side, and really appreciate an expanded awareness of the human condition. Clothes, makeup, et. al. seem to be the very pleasant trigger.

Overall, I'm blessed, at peace, and grateful. Ommm.

With an older child moving back in recently, my feminine dressing has moved 'outside'. It started with some dressed road trips and then expanded into stepping out of my vehicle. The first few 'space walk' excursions could be measured in steps, then in feet, and now in blocks - and with people on some of those blocks! Can I get an 'Amen'??? This has been amazingly liberating. Hard to describe...but freedom is a word..

(I know this is not the most exciting story so far...wait for it...)

On the most recent 'space walk' I visted my parent's grave with flowers and love. My prayer was 'as you must know at this point, this is a part of who I am, and I hope you can accept it."

Yes, I realize this is the absolute lamest way of coming out to one's parents and the timing was, well, not great, but there was an answer. The answer was "Yes" and also "In the big, big universe, this isn't a big thing. Don't worry. Be at peace."

So my personal moment of zen was - for me - this is about embracing a graceful, kinder, empathic and feminine side of me. I understand that for others there are deeper and real identity issues. May you find peace and resolution. And I understand that a man in feminine clothing can be disturbing for some people. May you find peace and resolution.

In the meantime, I will continue to delight in clothing that simply brings joy. Especially when it is on sale.

Peace out. Mic drop.

Chelsea B
05-04-2016, 07:24 PM
So well said, your post resonates so much with me, and what cross dressing brings to my life.

Chelsea

franlee
05-04-2016, 11:36 PM
I for one can relate and understand the feelings and situation. I think it's great that you not only except but know where you head is. And you have to have a wonderful wife, congratulations.

Krisi
05-05-2016, 09:06 AM
Well, that's a place where we can go out dressed safely that I've never heard mentioned before - a cemetery. Like any other place, we would have to dress appropriately, but it's pretty unlikely that laugh or make fun of us or attack us.

BTW: Explain to your child how baby birds leave the nest and don't come back. You did your part, it's time for them to be responsible for themselves.

Sandyhappygirl
05-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Nicely put thread. Me too, no deeper issues, just need to feel the warmth of my femininity.
Sandy x

Jaylyn
05-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Thank you for the well written article about dressing. I feel that we share many of the same aspects of why you and I dress. It does calm the inner feminine side that wants to come out from time to time. I love my male side more but the older I get the more gentle, calming, and feminine I'm feeling. Just dressing seems to satisfy that need for a while. My mom probably had a hint that I had a second side to me but my dad rest his soul would have never admitted it. Mom might have even been the reason I do what I do. Bless her soul also. I know I feel like a very manly male but that inner feminine side just over powers the feelings sometimes.
You have a good wife also.
Thanks for sharing your feelings.

docrobbysherry
05-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Dressing at home is one thing, LG. And, going out amongst the Muggles when u can't pass at 100 yards is another!:eek:

I find dressing at home in private to be a indescibably wonderful experience. With NO downside, if, ands, or buts!:D

I find going out dressed requires compromising how I look, how I feel, it's very stressful, and just NOT anywhere near as much fun as at home!:sad:

Sarah Doepner
05-05-2016, 09:10 PM
I've had a few of those moments of clarity over the years and they are so very worth it. There is peace and comfort in understanding that by being authentic you are not hurting anyone only making yourself more resilient and better able to focus your positive energy in ways that help all those around you. Keep exploring and stay happy.

Tommie.
05-05-2016, 09:45 PM
LG this is very good and loving post.... I had an epiphany lately as well when kneeling at the alter praying for acceptance in this new way of life, I saw myself in my mind there praying completely en femme and then heard / felt, 'this is ok'.... I needed that peace and acceptance just like you. May the Lord send his angels to stand around and protect you all your days....

JamieGdukes
05-06-2016, 07:15 AM
Thanks for sharing. Love the term spacewalks. It reminded me of standing in the middle of deserted road dressed looking at the stars and feeling the wind up my dress (ommm). Headlights...game off...gotta go!

CarlaWestin
05-06-2016, 07:24 AM
Can I get an 'Amen'??? "In the big, big universe, this isn't a big thing. Don't worry. Be at peace."

You certainly get an Amen from me.

Giselle(Oshawa)
05-06-2016, 07:27 AM
a lovely post