PDA

View Full Version : Vanity

sara66
05-05-2016, 11:35 AM
I just got back from my favorite clothing store. I went to try on 2 dresses the SA has been wanting my to try, 2 sizes smaller than I have been wearing (yeah). Only two people have seen Sara, video chat with a friend & I showed the SA my picture. When I realize I don't want the SA to see me without my hair and makeup. BTW one fit perfect the other may me look frumpy.
Do any of you feel the same way?
Sara

Laura912
05-06-2016, 04:40 PM
You are lucky to have a sales person to help you with the dresses. You are also a little brave to take her into your confidence.

Sarah Doepner
05-06-2016, 05:50 PM
My hair is long enough (a little thin however) that I don't need to wear a wig when I'm home. Even though there are several members of the family and others who know my femme side and have seen me, I run for cover if anyone is around and I don't have my wig on. I won't leave the house to go out if I don't have full makeup on. It may be vanity or it may be my "security blanket" that helps me have the confidence I need to face the world.

Teresa
05-07-2016, 12:48 AM
Sara,
Back to the sizing problem again, sometimes it's great to say you can fit a size 10 (UK sizing) and other times you struggle to get the zip done up on a size 14 ! At least the SA was happy to help you.

Laura,
I've often shown SAs my pics especially when it includes something you've bought from their store, I have had some funny moments with SAs , if they say something it's up to them, it's not going to make any difference to me .