PDA

View Full Version : Post dressup blues, downer days.

Alice Torn
05-05-2016, 12:06 PM
I know some on here have stressful,rough days and times, that lead them to dressup sessions. With me, I i usually dress after some days that go ok, but AFTER, dress up sessions, the next day, sometimes is an emotional, physical BEAR. Had two heavy, frustrating conflicts with people yesterday, which pretty much squelched out the dressing enjoyment the night before.

docrobbysherry
05-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Since I plan in detail all my dressing sessions, they aren't something I do to "relax".

If I've had a rough day? My best cure for that is a glass of wine in front of my monitor screen or TV! Not dressing.

Alice Torn
05-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Doc, i agree, that dressing completely toe to head, is usually a lot of hard work, and not always enjoyable or fun. i have had some irritability the day after, often. I guess like a hangover, but also exhaustion from the dressing, and clean up.

Teresa
05-05-2016, 02:00 PM
Alice,
You don't need to do it all if you feel like that, I either go and look round some charity shops to find something nice to slip on or just dress at home without makeup or wig but wear something I particularly like , maybe have a beer or a glass of wine, and give the forum a rest for a day or so.
You talk about not having a relationship and still have bad days I talk about a bad day because I'm in a relationship , it's a strange World at times !!
Alice if I lived closer I would share a drink with you it !

Kate Simmons
05-05-2016, 02:16 PM
Since it's a total choice for me to do or not, I enjoy building the look since I consider it an art form expression. I really don't have a problem with "de-construction" when it's over as I consider it all part of the process. Works for me. :battingeyelashes::)

Alice Torn
05-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Then again, i have to deal with my very toxic dramatic family of origin , and help care for my 95 yo father, and VERY difficult older single sister, and that would get to anyone. Teresa, I understand difficult relationships. But yours is in marriage, and mine is with lifetime very bizarre fusion family of origin, and rescuing my parents much of my life, and now, my sister, so I never really had a chance to marry. And, the religion i converted to in 1981, which i have a number of old friends in, but does not condone crossdressing. One thing is for sure, Life was never meant to be free of conflict and dilemnas, joy and grief. I would be glad to have tea or a drink with you, my friend Teresa!