PDA

View Full Version : I"M 99.9% Done

Sue Too
05-07-2016, 12:39 AM
The only thing left on my "TO DO" list is my Medicare card. A computer glitch is preventing the correct information from being printed on the card. They are not contesting the change they just can't make the darn computer perform.

I won't boar you with the many details of the past several months, but I will say that things have gone smoother than I could ever hope for. As far as I am concerned all I have left to do is live my life as a female. Surgery is still being considered but at my age it almost seems pointless. Time will tell.

My neighbors have universally accepted me, as have my co workers on our HOA board. (I'm President). My volunteer position at a fairly large hospital has been secured and I have been accepted by the many people I associate with on a daily basis. I have two different positions at the hospital, both dealing directly with the public, and both seem to be going well. I have no brothers or sisters and my children are very accepting of my change.

I could go on and on but you get the idea. So far, I have not had one negative incident through the entire transition. I owe a lot of my success to this forum. Little bits of information that I have gathered over the years helped me form a transition plan and a letter that seemed to bring out the best in those I sent it to. The one emotion that seemed to come from my acquaintances was one expressing my braveness in facing my problem and taking appropriate action to get my life on track.

I feel very humbled by my success. I wish all of you who have found your path to happiness and those who are still searching for that path my very best wishes. Thanks to all of you for making this forum the wonderful place it is.

Lots of Love,

Susan

steftoday
05-07-2016, 07:04 AM
congratulations, and best wishes, Susan.

I Am Paula
05-07-2016, 07:44 AM
Always nice to read a feel good post. It's nice when your to do list is shorter than your done list.
I'm done. Just living the life. I still sometimes marvel at my own accomplishments, and I'm able to say- I get to do this every day!

PretzelGirl
05-07-2016, 06:44 PM
And then there was..... nothing. Just being real! Love it!

Terri Andrews
05-07-2016, 06:47 PM
Thanks for sharing