PDA

View Full Version : need a little wig advice

randi_789
02-22-2006, 07:56 AM
I have a couple of wigs, but am not sure if they are right for me. Turning 58 in a couple months puts me at an age where I think I should dress and appear age appropriate. I have two questions. Should color and style really be a consideration as one ages? And the second question has to do with style, I guess. I have no place to have a wig stand and thus have to store my wigs flat and in a plastic bag. Should I be looking for a specific style or wig that will bounce back from such storage? Here are three pics of my present wigs.

Felicia
02-22-2006, 08:02 AM
I suggest that you purchase a wig carring case. it is useful in storing and taking the wig with you when you travel. (HUGS) Felicia

randi_789
02-22-2006, 08:03 AM
Forgot to attach this pic.

randi_789
02-22-2006, 08:05 AM
I have no place to store a carrying case. My wife doesn't know about Miranda and I have limited space to store all my things. As it is now I have left things in places that aren't that secure.

MsJanessa
02-22-2006, 08:19 AM
I have no place to store a carrying case. My wife doesn't know about Miranda and I have limited space to store all my things. As it is now I have left things in places that aren't that secure.
For 20-30 dollars a month you could rent some storage space--that way you could have what you want. In the meantime stay away from human hair wigs---they should be kept on a stand or box---go with a high quality synthetic---nice photos bty:dom:

livy_m_b
02-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Should your wig be age appropriate? It depends. Do you want to be age appropriate?

How take care of your wig? Learn a few styling tricks and just shake it out when needed.

Jasmine Ellis
02-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Hi Randi, firstly, the second picture is the best looking for you, the wig brings out your face better than the others hun.
Now, when I was married, I use to hid my clothes and wig up in the the loft in side a box. With brushing will give your wig a lovely bounce again dear. But use a wide brush, because it won't pull the hair out.

TracyDeluxe
02-22-2006, 08:39 AM
First, I do think wigs should be age appropriate, if you are trying to pass, that is; if it's just for fun, go wild!

Short(er) wigs, in my experience, store "better", but even these suffer when mashed flat in any way. Another thing I've found that helps in storage is to turn the wig inside out when storing, if storing in a box or bag. And, of course, store them in a cool place (the top of a closet is not a good place), on the floor is better.

Petrina CD
02-22-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm 52 and I know how you feel. I too want to get one or two "age appropriate" wigs. Right now I am growing my hair out and I can finally put it in a pony tail but it is getting a little gray .

Wig # two is the one I liked the most. You look good in it .The other ones looked good too . I envy you. If I saw you in public I would most likely point you out to my wife just because you look so good.

I store my wig on a foam head form with a plastic bag over it . Then I shove it wherever I can in the closet. I've had the same wig for 19 years now and it's in good shape. (even though I don't wear it right now)

Petrina cd

Charlene Marie
02-22-2006, 03:53 PM
Wow Randy I'm impressed. Picture number 1 & 2 dont even look like the same person, you look great. Generally speaking, most ladies in their late fifties look better in lighter color hair, but picture number two is beautiful. Wonderful makeup in that one, and i cant get over how young and feminine your hands looks. Get a styrafoam wig form and a wig box, sure you can hide that somewhere.
You look great.