PDA

View Full Version : Another Tweener

Rikidee
05-10-2016, 06:24 PM
Hi girls. I am another in between dresser. I can and have and do the whole nine yards but it can be overwhelming sometimes. Robin, Tracii and some of the other girls are a real inspiration. The problem with being a tweener is you are never quite sure how you will be perceived on a particular day until you get someone's reaction. You could be seen as an sffeminate male or a female depending on your makeup etc. on that particular day. I went shopping last night with very light makeup, a women's t shirt, men' shorts, sandals, and a ball cap (my head is shaved). I bought a swimsuit and when I went to check out the female SA asked "did you have a good Mother's Day?" I replied yes "I went out to eat with the family" We continued to talk as she looked up my rewards card which came up in my male name and she asked " is this your husband?" To which I replied "yes" and completed my transaction. Never a hint of recognition. I went to three more stores with the same results. Needless to say I felt great. Just wanted to share. It is possible to go out and have fun without the stress of getting dressed to the nines every time. Rikidee

Tracii G
05-10-2016, 08:29 PM
In between isn't a bad way to be. Glad you enjoy it.
It gives a bit of latitude as far as light make up use or nail color and style of clothing worn that day.
It can be a mix and depending on how one perceives you presentation you might be seen as male or female and referred to as either and that is fine with me.
Dressing to the nines is fine sometimes but its not something you have to do.

stephambers32
05-10-2016, 08:39 PM
Never heard of the term tweener. Glad to learn more from this site!

Robin414
05-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Great story Rikidee, I totally get it 😉