PDA

View Full Version : Would you give up your job if........

Anne Charlotte
10-19-2004, 07:29 AM
You could get another where you'd be allowed to dress with no adverse criticism ?

I hate my job, and have been thinking of changing it.......too much stress in civil engineering.....

A local shoe shop is advertising for staff....the pay may be less, but the stress would be too....and I could live my love of heels all day...........it is an elegant shop too, and I'm sure that if I confessed right away as to my reasons for wanting it, and went to the interview en femme- maybe I'd get it

or am I just dreaming ?

Any thoughts anyone ?

sissy stacy
10-19-2004, 07:47 AM
(curtsey)

The short answer: YES!

(curtsey)

-sissy stacy

Anne Charlotte
10-19-2004, 08:34 AM
Do I detect a subtle hint there Stacy ?

Too much curtseying plays hell with your knees mind !

babe4life
10-19-2004, 09:03 AM
Well, I kind of like to think that I work in a place that would allow it :). At least I hope so ... :D

Love,
Vicky

JoannaDees
10-19-2004, 09:35 AM
Not here. I like my job, and the money allows for shopping. Besides, have to get all pretty EVERY MORNING?

Julie
10-19-2004, 09:39 AM
If I could afford to......certainly, at the drop of a hat.

Julietta (Julie)

Krissi
10-19-2004, 11:26 AM
If I could make the money I needed, maybe even a raise...lol. I would in a heartbeat.

JJ :)

Amelie
10-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Anne, You should do what makes you happy. Before i could quit my job, i'd have to get a job. I have worked a little bit while dressed, but not in a store or in the daytime. You will like how it feels. Then again if it doesn't work out you can always quit the shoe store job, unless they force you to live in the cellar, only to come up to serve customers.
Amelie

babe4life
10-19-2004, 12:06 PM
AMELIE! I am so happy to see you posting!

Hope you don't mind, but I can't resist ... * HUG *

Love,
Vicky

Amelie
10-19-2004, 12:07 PM
Nice to see you too Vicky

Darby
10-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Anne,

I wouldn't leave my job because I love it! I also believe that one should love what they do as my Dad told me (when I was little) "..find something you love and make it work..."
I have lived by that and alot of other things my Mom and Dad instilled in me. If you can do it monetarily, without effecting your family or others adversely, it is meant to be. Do it and be happy because life is to short! Carpe Diem and wear heels!

CAROL JEAN
10-19-2004, 03:31 PM
I love What I do for a living (30 years) and would only change jobs if it would be something that I could also love. I would prefer to stay in the job that I have now if possible. The field that I am in is mostly male with just a few women and that is changing. Howerver the people in the industry are very conservetive when it comes to the Gay comunity (never heard anyone say a thing about a guy dressed as a women) or anything they think is out of the ordernary, the customers I don't know as I stay out of politics with them.
Anyway to be able to dress the way that iI would like to and work would be very tempting.

Love Always

Carol Jean

eleventhdr
10-19-2004, 04:45 PM
I personally Have always hated working for anyone but myself. The way people who would hire you treat you there ouught to be a law againest them all it is just awful how anyone can treat and expect to be treated this way most of the empolyers I ever worked for treated me like dirt. So I very probaly will never work for anyone else ever again!.

Marianne
10-19-2004, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't quit just for that reason alone. If I could find a similiar job, with the same or better pay and the same or shorter commute I'd certainly consider it.

Unfortunately, there aren't many like that around. My field of expertise is obscure enough that it can take an hour to explain it. :)