PDA

View Full Version : Wildside Las Vegas

sara.rafaela
05-16-2016, 11:43 AM
I just returned from Wildside Las Vegas. Sadly, I just went for three days. I have work, and other obligations and I could not be there for the entire week. It was a great event and I would recommend it strongly. I traveled to Vegas with a suitcase full of fabulous outfits and shoes. The only male clothes I brought were for the flight, and my running clothes. Monday was cocktails at the lounge bar in the Tropicana. I met lots of nice ladies and I reacquainted myself with friends I had met at Divas Las Vegas. Some of us went to the Voodoo Lounge at the Rio. Tuesday was lunch with friends, dinner at the Hooters´s Hotel and the Suite Party at the Tropicana. Wednesday was bar hopping at Fremont Street in Downtown Vegas.

I really enjoyed meeting people from our group. We are really diverse, I think. I am a cross dresser, and this experience for me is more of an escape and an adventure. But, there were others who live as women, transitioning, and were similar to me. I enjoyed hearing everyone´s perspective. I met up with people that I met at Divas Las Vegas. I enjoyed being out in the general public the most. At the Voodoo Lounge, women bought me drinks. At Fremont Street, we sat with a woman from Nebraska who talked with us and said that there were people like us in her town, and wanted to hear each of our stories. When her husband (who was playing craps) joined us for a bit, he was really nice.

This was a great event.

Fiona123
05-16-2016, 07:00 PM
Sounds like great fun. The folks in Vegas seem very accepting.

Heisthebride
05-17-2016, 02:09 PM
I am going to Vegas in a couple of weeks with a large group of GG's. I've been shopping for months and I'm super excited about the trip. 5 days and nights in Las Vegas as one of the girls. :cheer:

sara.rafaela
05-17-2016, 04:04 PM
You will have a great time. You should join us next year at Wildside. I have found Las Vegas to be wonderful. Getting out of the taxi with a short dress and heels. To the Voodoo Lounge at the Rio. Hanging out at the Paris. It is incredible. You will have a great time.

Rachael Leigh
05-17-2016, 04:17 PM
Vegas is always a good place to spread your wings for the first time if you've never been out before.
Love going there

MichelleTea
05-17-2016, 09:04 PM
Hi Sara,

I was also a very short-term attendee of Wildside but back in 2015, doing only two shortened nights.

The first night was the party at the Voodoo at the top of the Rio hotel, the view was just lovely and on the way out, the doormen were teasing me on how long I stayed up there when I told them I just wanted to quickly see the view.

The second night was an awesome Journey concert at the Hard Rock with two girls (Debbi and Glenda), but I had to call it an early evening again before the Gold Diggers event. :(

The general public treated us like we were superstars and it was so wonderful to meet so many other T folks, including many of the figureheads of Wildside.

Had to last minute cancel out on 2016, but will try again for 2017 :)

sara.rafaela
05-17-2016, 09:35 PM
Hi Michelle, I would love to meet you. Please come in 2017. Yes, the general public is wonderful.

Genifer Teal
05-28-2016, 08:04 PM
Sorry we didn't get to meet or did we? So many girls.