PDA

View Full Version : Dressing Older

Deedee_tv
02-22-2006, 02:14 PM
I realize most of us are compelled to look younger when we dress however, has anyone ever desired to look older/more mature? Having recently reached mid-life, I occasionally consider dressing more like my grandmother. There are certain brands that are targeted at more mature women (Grasshopper shoes and Catherine's come to mind) which I find myself looking at recently.

I remember seeing a website of one such crossdresser who let her hair go gray and gained 60 lbs to look more mature when she presented. I just think at some point, we can't all get by wearing miniskirts.

Anyone else have these thoughts?

Deedee_tv

Julie York
02-22-2006, 02:17 PM
No way.

It's my pretend fantasy land and I'm staying as young as my hearts desire thanks.

Nikki Dee
02-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Yeah.!...I agree with Julie...I'm not giving in one bit.!!!...I just try to retain a more classy/everyday style...but I'm going nowhere near Grannies' clothes....Ugh.!
Nikki. x

KathrynW
02-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Catherine's isn't all old lady stuff. I've seen some nice clothes there...;)

Wendy me
02-22-2006, 04:10 PM
it was short skirts (and still is) but i have added some long skirts and jeans to the mix ... no not my grandmother's look no way...

Avsblues19
02-22-2006, 04:18 PM
I like dressing older. I am 21 so I like to wear what women around the age of 35-50 wear. I love pant suits and skirt suits. I think I am like this because I wear a lot of my moms old stuff and it is made for older women like herself. I am not really into short skirts, I like just-above the knee length or longer skirts. I do however want to get a satin cami someday when I get the nerve to go out and buy something of my own.

Laurie Ann
02-22-2006, 04:39 PM
No way.

It's my pretend fantasy land and I'm staying as young as my hearts desire thanks.

I'm with Julie on this but she always looks so young anyway.

ChristineRenee
02-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Welllll...I may live down here in "Gummerville, USA" now...but I have no intention to start dressing like one...thank you very much!:p

Amanduhrob
02-22-2006, 04:58 PM
Sorry, I don't have any blue hair, or blue hair wigs.

Denise01
02-22-2006, 05:08 PM
i would love to loose about 20 pounds or so, in order that i may look a little younger, and also dress in some of the more stylish clothes.

I do try within reason to dress my age, however I do not want the granny look till it is totally imperative

Denise

Julie York
02-22-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm with Julie on this but she always looks so young anyway.

You creep!

I approve.:D

(I hope that translates into american ok)

PennieS
02-22-2006, 07:26 PM
I have always thought it appropriate to dress more your age or just slightly younger, at 50 I still like the shorter skirts and such. But there is nothing wrong with dressing in the older styles for many, if that is what fits their style and they are more comfortable with. My stylist was telling me about the little old lady that was leaving from her hair appointment when i was there getting a trim one day. She (he) was dressed and just going out the door when I saw him. He was dressed in a little old ladys stlye pantsuit style with the short nearly all one length curled hair (like the style that you see on a lot of ladys in there late 70s to 80s). Turns out he comes in regularly to get his hair set and gets a permanent every few months. Stylist said he is only 62 but fits in so well as an older women that he goes as a 76 year old woman, calls himself Beth and goes to all the senior events and Bingo as a woman regularly and dresses as a woman almost all of the time. He lives with his sister and her husband and has been doing it for several years. Hey I would never have guessed he wasn't a woman, so all the power to her. The stylist only told me because I come dressed in fem and really none of the other customers there new. So I guess maybe in another 30 years or so I might be doing it. who Knows.:o

Fallen Angel
02-22-2006, 07:31 PM
Dress older NO WAY Im 46 and im not ready for the old retirement home yet.Me in a moo-moo forget it !!!!! If you got it flaunt it xxxx

Megan72
02-22-2006, 07:38 PM
It is important to look and dress in an appropriate way, especially when we venture out. It is pretty easy to pick out a CD when they have way over done it in their attire. Personally I do like to dress a bit younger but not so much as to be tacky. How many 40 year old GG's do we see running around the mall in 6" heels and their panites showing?

In private, do what ever you want. I always enjoy a good game of "dress up" with my wife.

Jodi
02-22-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm 60 years old and am told by my gg friends that I look to be around 40 when I'm dressed. There are many outfits that i would like to try but don't dare to do so as they are for teeny boppers.

Jodi

GypsyKaren
02-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Well, I did try to find some breast forms that droop down to my waist, but I couldn't find any, so I guess I'll just keep my current style and be happy with it...a school teacher **** look.

Karen

Billijo49504
02-23-2006, 12:51 AM
My wife just said I look my age, when I'm dressed. So I guess I look like I'm a well preserved 59 yr old broad. That's the best I can do, so that is the best I can do!!! I guess I just have to live with it. As they say, the face don't lie. And mine say you're an old fart.

Sarah Rabbit
02-23-2006, 04:00 AM
Hi all

I like to dress conservative, but not like my Grandmother. I will grow old with grace and style. Some of the most beautiful women in the world are into their 50's. I hope to emulate them as close as possible.:D

Hugs, Sarah A

Cally
02-23-2006, 06:10 AM
Confession time .....

I bought a cool pink floaty dress on EBay a little while ago and was wrapt in it all, untill I looked in the mirror and saw me wearing something I'm sure my ex-mother-in-law would have worn. Even a GG friend commented about it.

As much as I enjoyed the feel and flow of it, it just wasn't workin... not even with the new pink heels and stockings. All I could see was a granny. Whilst I'm old enough to be a grandparent, I'm not ready for the "seniors" look for a few moments yet.

Seems the older I get, the more delight I get when someone tells me "I should just grow up!"

But really, we all get given a DNA recipe at birth and yes a few tricks of disguise can make us look younger,or older depending on your preferences ... but ultimately we are who we are ... warts an all... bit of a bugga really huh?

Maybe it's all about enjoying it at the time and hopefully sharing with like minded others.

Maddie
02-23-2006, 07:46 AM
Hi Dee

The mane you were looking for is VERA
she dyed her hair and started wearing 50's style undergarments
I also think she worked in a leingree store
Before she changed she was a nice looking (although slightly over the top) lady

As for myself I try to dress with my own style and age

Jennaie
02-23-2006, 01:22 PM
I watch women who are my age and look at what they are wearing while they are out shopping. I simply want to blend in and dress as they do.

Although boots, jeans, and pull-over tops with a front-zipped, hooded cotton warm-up jacket may not sound, or ever feel sexy, it's what I see the most of out there.

My objective is "passing", and if that is what it takes to pass, that is what I am going to wear.

Sierra Evon
02-23-2006, 04:21 PM
My thoughts are on that note:, it is always more realistic to dress-up,
age appropriate, I'm only 39 still but , I'm not going to let my hair go
gray when I get older , I'll dye it if I have too, even for me now I dont
really have the body to wear all the mini-skirts , when I do, its 1-2"inches
above the knee, flats , with pink sox mostly, and some type of younger
girls style top , like l.e.i. , for me I'll still be mature as I am but look alittle
bit school girlish, your right to, we cant all have or obtain that sexy look,
for those of you that can tho, I'll say more power to ya:) still as we all live
the only thing's that are for sure are DEATH & TAXES....& CDing for me!!!
Sierra;)

Bridget
02-25-2006, 12:14 PM
When I get 40 to 50 and older, i'll dress more conservatively, but i'm not giving up my sense of style.

elizabeth nicole
02-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Speaking of dressing like grandma . . .
My two grandmothers were about a half generation apart in age. One was born in 1893; the other in 1907. The older one dressed in old lady print dresses, opaque stockings, Wicked Witch of the West shoes, a broach on her collar, and her hair in a bun. My younger grandmother was a single mother, owned and operated her own beauty parlor in a multi-story office building in downtown Dayton, Ohio, and always wore nice sheer stockings and heels. I think that's why I have always loved nylons. I loved them both, but the younger one was always stylish and hip. Now that's a grandmother I could dress like!
mine were the same one born 1875 the other 1902 the older was more loving but a whole lot homly dressing sorry granma the other was a beauty shop operator in kingston ohio. she was being hip to the day she died in 1999 even married 5 times but was always dressed to the nines and in a fairly stylish way.she was even more fun me im going to be just like her kick and fight till i slide into the grave..dress me in my lavender nightie

SherriePall
02-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Talking about dressing age appropriately, I like a lot of the younger fashions although I don't know if I would wear them out. A couple of Halloweens ago, I stopped in an upscale clothing store a couple of weeks before the holiday and was looking at some clothes when an older salesclerk came over and told me that they were juniors! Excusssseee me. Anyhow she asked what I wanted and I told her I was looking for an outfit for Halloween. She directed me to the proper department and showed me some dresses on sale. I tried them on but nothing worked. I thought she was a little snooty towards me (I was dressed in my work uniform). Later I found out that this store had a reputation for being that way. Maybe, one day I'll return dressed to the nines to see what happens then.

connie rotten
02-25-2006, 02:38 PM
0.02 I just look my age

Sierra Evon
02-25-2006, 02:55 PM
I was watching tv last nite , seen on QVC , was pondering this thread,
about dressing older, then they were featuring and modling , some knits
called storybook sweaters button downs knits, some were very cute!
my favorite colors are purple/pink/black, or any combo there of..0.02 ,
Just wanted to say I thought about ya-as I saw that.......no big deal..

Sierra;)

anon7a
02-25-2006, 06:06 PM
I think this thread started out with a veiled reference to a darling person named Vera. Her website is as follows:

http://andieva.tripod.com/

Vera has made a lifestyle commitment. It may not be everyone's lifestyle choice, but I love her for it.

Everyone here wants to express their love of the feminine in their way. Vera does that and more.

Stephenie B
02-25-2006, 09:04 PM
NO NO NO I would not be able to show off my garters or stocking tops. I'm not ready for the wheel chair. i'm 40+ and not going to push it any faster than it is already comming.

Francine
02-25-2006, 10:48 PM
No. One of the reasons I like to dress, is that I feel I look as much as 15 years younger! And in turn, it makes me FEEL younger! Who wouldn't want that!

Francine

Gail Stauffer
02-26-2006, 04:13 AM
I like to dress conservitively as any girl my age would I'm not the wild type!!

Penny
02-26-2006, 05:55 AM
I realize most of us are compelled to look younger when we dress however, has anyone ever desired to look older/more mature? Having recently reached mid-life, I occasionally consider dressing more like my grandmother. There are certain brands that are targeted at more mature women (Grasshopper shoes and Catherine's come to mind) which I find myself looking at recently.

I remember seeing a website of one such crossdresser who let her hair go gray and gained 60 lbs to look more mature when she presented. I just think at some point, we can't all get by wearing miniskirts.

Anyone else have these thoughts?

Deedee_tv

When you'r older and finally wize
Best refrain from a youthful disguise
For it's better by far
To dress who you are
And aviod any transvestite crys!

Phillis
02-26-2006, 08:25 AM
I am 64 and try to dress the age I am. When I go shopping I take notice of what the GG's of my age are wearing and try to dress accordingly.:) I sometimes will buy younger looking clothes though. I know I could not pass for a younger person so I just dress for my age. Besh wishes to you all.

steph so 1999
02-26-2006, 09:38 AM
If your 50,them dress 50.It's sop easy'