PDA

View Full Version : Persephone's Check-in from the Road

Persephone
05-18-2016, 01:47 AM
Hi everyone!

Well, I had great plans of continuing to be a regular participant here on the forum as we travelled the USA and (eventually) Canada but things don't always work as planned.

We sold our home and property in January and now live and travel full-time in our motorhome. It is a wonderful life with new adventures outside our door every day. But it comes with poor internet connections and precious little chance to log in to the forum.

In the past few months we have been from California to Florida, down to the upper Keys and deep into the Everglades, up to South Carolina, through Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, etc., seeing old friends and making new ones (all en femme of course)!

We are now Citizens of Texas (with an "F" on my license!) although frankly I'm not as proud of Texas as I was a few weeks ago. Hopefully we can work toward changes in our state.

I had plans of making contact with forum members and getting chances to meet but that too hasn't worked quite as planned although I still hope to make it happen in the future.

I will try to check-in when I canbut I fear that those check-ins will be far between.

Hugs to All,
Persephone.

Heidi Stevens
05-18-2016, 07:39 AM
You are living one of my dream lives, Persephone. Traveling around the county with no real agenda sound good to me, but not the wife. When you drive over to Arkansas for a visit, drop me a message so we can share some time! And believe me, you will visit Arkansas eventually, just like all Texans do, when you need to see lots of trees, mountains and water!
Can't wait for your first visit to show you around!

Allisa
05-18-2016, 08:32 AM
Glad to hear your still with us, kinda got worried for awhile not hearing from you. Would love to hear an "adventure" you've had.

Beverley Sims
05-18-2016, 10:25 AM
Nice to hear from you Barbara, I look forward to all those good internet connections so as you can communicate.

Dana44
05-18-2016, 11:11 AM
Nice to hear from you Persephone. Nice traveling and beautiful life traveling around. Check in when you can.

docrobbysherry
05-18-2016, 11:47 AM
Thanks for keeping us posted Barbara. :)

I'm especially anxious to hear how other states treat trans?:eek:

BLUE ORCHID
05-18-2016, 12:26 PM
Hi Barbara :hugs: , I just saw where you and Eryn went to the awards.
It's a lot of fun traveling in a Motorhome I just finished replacing the rear brake pads and calipers
on our MH.

Early in June after our Grand Daughter's Graduation party we are heading Northeast from Baltimore MD.
all the way up through New England and into Canada, Probably about a month and a half trip...:daydreaming:...

Rachael Leigh
05-18-2016, 01:00 PM
Welcome to Texas and don't take all the stuff going on here mean we all think that way. Sounds like a great time to travel around our great country

grace7777
05-18-2016, 04:21 PM
Hi Barbara, it is great to hear from you. Hope all your future travels go well for you.

AmberCDinNC
05-18-2016, 05:39 PM
Great hearing from you!! I'll bet you're having a blast. Please keep us updated!

Sheila11
05-19-2016, 02:02 AM
Good to hear you are enjoying travel. My wife and o wandered around for a month this winter and o no what you mean by iffy Internet. We would occasionally park outside a McDonald's for a couple of hours just for the free wifi.

I absolutely love having a new adventure just outside the door everyday. Are you settling in Texas or just passing through?

Dorit
05-19-2016, 02:34 AM
I was just thinking of you the other day, as you have a completely accepting SO like me, and also wondering how life on the road is. If you ever get the urge to travel a "bit' east of the Florida Keys, come by for a visit!

Bria
05-20-2016, 08:21 PM
Barbara, I've wondered where you were and what you were doing, but I understand the iffy internet access. Just know that we want to hear from you when you can access the net. I hope that the travels are all that you hoped that the would be!!

Hugs, Bria

ChristinaK
05-20-2016, 10:55 PM
I have wondered how you are doing. Congratulations on such a wonderful time travelling around our fine country.

Check in again soon and good luck.