PDA

View Full Version : What does 20months HRT and transition look like? Happiness :)

MonicaJean
05-24-2016, 05:19 PM
Hard to believe I've come this far. Seems like just yesterday I was lurking here and amazed at the progress of those before me. Then it happened, that emotional breakdown moment two summers ago...the moment you can't go on another second. I chose to go on, but be honest...no more hiding.

Since then the amount of fear and self-doubt I've dealt with...well...I had no idea how many layers of those covered my emotional self. As I uncovered them layer by layer, I started to find self-acceptance, which to me, is happiness.

I've lost much but have gained much more. New friends, new opportunities and challenges. I love it when I go to a client and they call me "she". A warmth washes over my body like nothing I can describe...this part of transition was not expected in the least. They are confirming what I've always known but buried so far down I hid it from myself: I'm female on the inside.

20 months so far on making me female on the outside. It takes a long while, hormones don't work overnight. 3-7 years is usual for puberty.

Puberty at 45? I'm all for it :)

PretzelGirl
05-24-2016, 09:08 PM
It is amazing the calm and serene feeling. It isn't a rush as that indicates something increasing. It all just becomes right. I am glad for you that you found the right path! It isn't easy but it sure is rewarding.

MonicaJean
05-26-2016, 02:39 PM
It is amazing the calm and serene feeling. It isn't a rush as that indicates something increasing. It all just becomes right.

Yes! That is the feeling! I'm still amazed by how awful I was before all this and now how everything is calm and normal. I made the right 'choice'.

Tommie.
05-31-2016, 03:51 PM
An incredible, beautiful, wonderful blessing!

AllieSF
05-31-2016, 04:23 PM
You look wonderful and I am glad that you also feel the same. Keep positive and keep on climbing over or under those occasional obstacles.

Suzanne F
05-31-2016, 05:34 PM
Congrats and amen sister!
Suzanne