PDA

View Full Version : Costume crossdressing?

ZenladyCD5
05-26-2016, 01:58 PM
Anybody here into costume crossdressing? Costumes that can include, but is not limited to:
Princesses
Wonder Woman and/or other female superheroes or villians.
Ballerina
Playboy Bunny
Kigurumi/Cosplay/Animegao
French Maid
.......etc., etc.

Costumes don't have to be just for Halloween. They can be worn for Birthday parties, New Year's, Other holidays, and so much more. Anyway, what costumes have other people worn or would like to wear? What are your favorite styles?

For me, I would love to try kigurumi, otherwise known as animegao. But the masks are damn hard to get and extremely expensive. :(
http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu27yhBOdP1qic8pr.jpg

StarrOfDelite
05-26-2016, 02:08 PM
The first time I ever CD'ed was at a costume party when I went as a nun, Sister Immaculata who was sworn to a vow of silence, in a costume I bought for $7-8 at PartyMax or Spencer's. That was a long time ago, before I started to get involved in the transgender world, but I must admit that looking back in retrospect it was an amazing feeling.

Kate Simmons
05-26-2016, 02:26 PM
I was a good witch once, wearing a buttfly print caftan and sporting a selenite wand. :)

Princess Chantal
05-26-2016, 03:17 PM
I enjoy doing vintage costumes from past decades (usually victorian era, 50's, 60's, and 80's). I tend to wear them to many fun events and historical sites atleast once a month. Check my past posts for all the fun I have in these vintage outfits. I don't do characters though, I present myself in the eras.
P.S. I got a fun dressing up event this weekend, in which I will share shortly after.

nikkiwindsor
05-26-2016, 03:47 PM
I loved wearing my dirndl at several clubs one Halloween

Ceera
05-26-2016, 04:03 PM
Yes. I do animal mascot costumes as a female character, at 'Furry' cons and at anime cons. My red fox vixen character is a lot of fun to portray. Ceera Murakami the vixen is my own original character, as opposed to doing a costume as someone else's character from a movie or a cartoon or a manga.

I am also in a historical reenactment group, the SCA. This weekend I am going to do costumed crossdressing for the first time in that group. While part of the time I will be attending the event dressed like a Scotsman, in a kilt, I will be spending at least half the time en-femme, dressed like a 14th century tavern wench. :)

I've considered cosplaying as various female characters at an anime con, sci fi con or cosplay con, but I haven't done that yet.

Attached two pics. The shorter fox with me in one pic is my daughter. I made both costumes.

Rachael Leigh
05-26-2016, 04:12 PM
Not what I would call into coustume dressing but my first real in public dressing was years ago at a Halloween party and I was in a French maids outfit. Still like those today but don't have one

AllieSF
05-26-2016, 04:35 PM
I like costumes, but I seem to be the only one of my friends who do. I wish I lived closer to Chantal to indulge in her fun and costumes. Here is a picture from the River City Gems, a Sacramento, California support/social group and one as a renaissance maiden that I wore two years in a row for Halloween. I went to a party, a play (and was not the only in costume) and out for drinks and dinner. Thoroughly enjoyed it all and would love to do it a few times a year with friends.

JamieG
05-26-2016, 04:41 PM
I love costumes. If you look at my past posts you'll see some of the cheerleader and ballerina outfits I have worn. I also have a great Catwoman costume. At the top of my bucket list is probably an elegant gothic lolita (EGL) outfit.

kymmieLorain
05-26-2016, 05:15 PM
While I not worn them out. I have a Alice in wonderland, a little miss Muffet, Snow white and of course a Maid costume.

Kymmie

Crissy Kay
05-26-2016, 05:56 PM
That's pretty much all I care to do for cross dressing. Keeps me happy too!!

iGenny
05-26-2016, 06:02 PM
I've never done it, but let's not forget crossplay - cosplaying (costume play) that's often done at scifi/fantasy/gaming conventions, where participants dress up in their favorite character who is the other gender.

Martha G
05-26-2016, 06:23 PM
My first cross dressing outing was as Charley's Aunt.

I wore a beautiful black dress with a hoop skirt, wig with curls, bonnet, string purse, makeup and a nice broack. I went all the way with nice lacy pantellettes.

This was my first time at age 59 and have been enjoying cross dressing ever since.

I have also been A Southern Belle, A Grande Aunte, An elderly lady of the 1860's, a beautiful duchess, an evil duchess and Mrs bates.

It's fun costuming as a woman character/

Tracii G
05-26-2016, 06:34 PM
I like what Chantal does in the period dresses and historical outings.
I plan on doing the renn fair this year if my dress and corset get done in time.

Piora
05-26-2016, 07:48 PM
Hmm. Great thread idea! The only one I have is a French Maid outfit I got some years ago,

Fiona123
05-26-2016, 08:05 PM
I have not used a costume. But I love Piora's maid outfit.🌺

Closeted Kat
05-26-2016, 08:29 PM
I like looking at costumes, and am trying to make some. My in progress costume I started around last halloween was princess peach. I have lots of ideas i just need the time, soon i'll have the space since i'm in the progress of buying a house.

docrobbysherry
05-26-2016, 09:27 PM
Chantal is my muse! Because of her, I wear costumes all year 'round. Out at specialty events and in my picto stories. I don't hesitate to wear them out if the occasion calls for it. Or, even if it doesn't!:D

Halloween was MADE for Sherry! I usually attend 4 to 6 events with a different costume for each!:daydreaming:

At the WildSide T girl event in Vegas a few weeks ago. I'm with Michelle who is a member here, too. I have permission to post this.

I wore this to a Superbowl party in Feb. and liked it so much I wore it to a DLV T event in March.

Ariel at Under the Sea nite at Mary's in Long Beach this year. Not a costume event, by the way.

My attempt to immitate the Balinesian and Cambodian dancers I saw in Indonesia last year.

Halloween 2015. One of a variety of costumes I wore. Last year.:battingeyelashes:

LisaJ1
05-26-2016, 09:53 PM
I do it once in a while,was invited to a costume party a while back and went dressed as the character Olivia "Liv" Moore on the tv show I Zombie

Piora
05-26-2016, 09:55 PM
I have not used a costume. But I love Piora's maid outfit.��

Thank you, Fiona. I wear it occasionally. Probably one of the most 'girlie' items I own!

Doc, those are some pretty awesome costumes. You have quite a collection!

marlacd
05-26-2016, 09:55 PM
First time I dressed fem was at a halloween party at a local bar, but just as a woman. I managed to fool about a dozen women, they all thought I was one. Apparently I fooled a lot of them- I walked off with $250 first prize for the best costume.

What iced the cake about that, was I was in competition with about a hundred others who were also in costume. Some of the looks I got from people were priceless.

Heisthebride
05-27-2016, 06:31 AM
I'll try to keep this short. A group of friends were going to Las Vegas and I made a bet with Suzie that Cathy would be joining us on the trip. Cathy was pregnant and Suzie said she wasn't going to come. The bet was if I lost I would wear a wedding dress one night in Las Vegas, if Suzie lost she would wear a gorilla suit. Neither of them know I Crossdress. Sadly, I won and Suzie didn't follow through on the bet, which I gladly would have done.

Fast forward a few months. Cathy had heard about the bet and at happy hour one night out of the blue said she just got her bridal veil back from the cleaners and awkwardly segued into what are people wearing for Halloween. Seeing where this was headed I slow played my hand and said I was considering Mr Peanut. i had guessed right and Cathy suggested I go as a bride. Several people at the table thought it was a great idea. I stayed calm and said I'd think about it. Inside my head I already knew I would be doing it. I actually had my friends, who don't know I Crossdress, ask me to be a bride for Halloween.

I even convinced two of my male friends to be my bridesmaids. They didn't go all out like I did, but it was awesome getting all dolled up and have a fun girl night with my closest friends. 261757

nikkiwindsor
05-27-2016, 03:25 PM
Now, given how flawlessly you dolled up as a beautiful bride, did anyone suspect you were a crossdresser and not simply a male dressing up on a whim? Nikki

Heisthebride
05-27-2016, 03:40 PM
Now, given how flawlessly you dolled up as a beautiful bride, did anyone suspect you were a crossdresser and not simply a male dressing up on a whim? Nikki

No one made any comments like that to me. I did have my nails done at a salon and hired a makeup artist for my hair and makeup. I probably could have done them myself but this gave me a good excuse as to why it turned out so well. This was about 10 years ago, I still get people at the Halloween parties since talking to me about how they loved that costume.

LydiaG
05-27-2016, 04:44 PM
I've dressed up like a french maid for a few parties now.

nikkiwindsor
05-27-2016, 04:44 PM
I'm sure they loved the costume!...when I go out en femme for Halloween myself and other t-girls get a good amount of attention :) p.s. perhaps you'll dress up again for Halloween?

Crissy Kay
05-27-2016, 05:00 PM
I've dressed up like a french maid for a few parties now.

Very nice Lydia!!

kymmieLorain
05-27-2016, 05:02 PM
I hope they have a car show locally on Halloween and have a costume contest. I will be a Car hop.

Kymmie

StacyCD
05-27-2016, 05:42 PM
I have a French maid's costume but recently purchased a Princess Leia costume. I haven't had the chance to wear the Princess Leia costume but looking forward to it very much!

nikkiwindsor
05-27-2016, 07:32 PM
I tried to upload a pic of me in my dirndl costume but the pic shows sideways...help!

Fiona123
05-27-2016, 10:00 PM
Great costume Lydia,.🌺

CarlaWestin
05-28-2016, 09:23 AM
Maid, housekeeper, schoolgirl, cheerleader, waitress, buxom business lady, sissy, repair girl, etc...

Sometimes I think it's all about the costumes.

Piora
05-28-2016, 09:39 AM
I tried to upload a pic of me in my dirndl costume but the pic shows sideways...help!
Are you using Windows, Nikki? Just go to your picture file in Explorer, and right click on the picture you want to rotate to the proper perspective. You can rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise. And I believe it will save it again as properly rotated. Now just go back in and choose your picture again. :)

TSKimberly
05-28-2016, 04:01 PM
I'd kill to have virtually any of the DC heros costumes. Maybe some day.

LydiaL
05-28-2016, 04:26 PM
I have a French Maid costume, a leather maid dress, and a couple combinations of cheerleader outfits/uniform. Someday want to go to a Halloween party as a cheerleader!

immike
05-29-2016, 05:46 AM
I would love to try on a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders uniform

ClosetED
05-29-2016, 06:50 AM
I have posted pics as cop, nurse, and Doctor - does that count?
As sexy cop
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=258677&d=1457837246
Hugs, Ellen

Patty Phose
05-29-2016, 01:10 PM
When I first began cross dressing, I tried to look like as much as possible like girls I thought were really pretty and sexy. Also my first time out dressed full fem was for a Halloween party. I was in costume. Anytime after when I tried to look like well known female. I felt I was in costume.

Then there was times I just tried to get the best look I could without trying to look like someone else. I guess I wouldn't consider that a costume.

Martha G
05-29-2016, 02:40 PM
I made my initial debut as a cross dresser at a costume party.

I went as Charley's Aunt

Ever since that time I thoroughly enjoyed cross dressing as a woman.

Everyone thought that I was a woman. Also everyone loved my dress. I do too!

~Joanne~
05-29-2016, 03:53 PM
Ever since fully accepting that this is who I am and telling my SO everything, I have wanted to do a batgirl costume. Batgirl is by far my favorite female character that I would love to give it a shot at but unfortunately the costumes they make for her are either the really sexy crappy ones or really high priced, don't know what your getting, ones.

I ordered the Yvonne Craig 1966 batgirl costume, which wasn't cheap but sure as the hell was when I got it. I sent it right back. I asked a online friend who is into cosplay big time if she could make a batgirl costume, her or her husband , but they haven't gotten back to me yet about it so I will wait or see if i can piece it together one part at a time.

Angie G
05-29-2016, 04:43 PM
I just put on a French Maid outfit sometimes when I'm cleaning huose.Hugs
Angie

BarbraAnne
05-29-2016, 07:40 PM
I did a nurse one Halloween and won second prize.261888

UNDERDRESSER
05-29-2016, 11:56 PM
No, I've never done any "costumes" but i would like the chance to so some SciFi themed Crosplay.

wtbanon1
05-30-2016, 12:05 AM
This is actually my main expression of crossdressing, particularly southern belle/Victorian gowns.

- - - Updated - - -

I enjoy doing vintage costumes from past decades (usually victorian era, 50's, 60's, and 80's). I tend to wear them to many fun events and historical sites atleast once a month. Check my past posts for all the fun I have in these vintage outfits. I don't do characters though, I present myself in the eras.
P.S. I got a fun dressing up event this weekend, in which I will share shortly after.

Victorian gowns FTW!

Anything with corsets, hoop skirts, or petticoats are my anti-drug. :-)

Amanda7
05-30-2016, 01:19 AM
I love dressing as a French Maid. I actually clean my place dressed in this outfit sometimes. :)

prabha
05-30-2016, 05:58 AM
Ever got a chance to do cosplay.but I worked in the animation industryand attended several comicon events. I love to be a batgirl, and second as a mermaid then an indian apsuras(dancers from Indian mythology).

nikkiwindsor
05-30-2016, 02:42 PM
This is the dirndl I wore to a few clubs for Halloween one year...Nikki

JenniferMBlack
05-30-2016, 04:03 PM
No costumes as of yet but would like to someday.

- - - Updated - - -

AllieBellema
05-30-2016, 07:30 PM
Pretty much most (if not all) of my crossdressing falls in this category! My favorite of course is the Southern Belle era dresses, I just love wearing those dresses and always wish to add more to my collection. I wore one to a halloween party last year and had a blast being in it. Everybody loved it!

I also have a french maid dress, a poodle skirt, a wedding dress, and a mermaid tail. I do also have crossplay outfits for Belle and Princess Peach... I'm planning on wearing my Peach outfit to a local anime convention in July. I just showed it off at a party I was at this past weekend and everybody loved how I looked! I would love to add a few more to my collection and thinking of Cinderella for my next one and then, even though it might be tough to find an accurate dress, would love to have a Scarlett O'Hara crossplay too!

BTW, Chantal, I love your dresses! Has to be alot of fun to go to these events in a full historical costume like that. I'd love to do that someday, but got nowhere to go and nobody to walk with me for it.

I have lots of pics of all my outfits so if anybody is interested, I can share them. I know I've posted a few on these forums somewhere!

PattyT
05-30-2016, 09:18 PM
In Japan this is rather big and it is called Cosplay (playing with costumes. Wearing sligthly stylized school girls outfits, the sailor suit kind is common. Usual;y
GGs do this however. I have often dressed in both stylized and real school girls sailor suit type uniforms. It's a lot of fun, nice for a bit of a change. Here is a link to a site which sells the stylized types. They send overseas.
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bodyline/c/0000000467/

Ceera
05-31-2016, 12:47 PM
The attached pic is me, this weekend, near the end of four days and three nights at an Society for Creative Anachronism event. This was my first time ever going to an SCA event as a woman, and I spent about half the time en-femme. It was a real challenge getting my makeup on while in a tent, with only sunlight filtering through the roof of the tent for light, and a small mirror propped up on a folding table!

My female persona and character of "Meridith McMahon" was well received and only a few people reacted as if they realized I wasn't a genetic girl.

One who 'caught me' was a lesbian lady whose former lover had started a transition from female to male, and who also coordinates LGBTQ activities for the company she works for, so she was familiar with trans people and their tells. She loved how I looked, and wanted me to join a group she was coordinating for a nearby town's Pride celebration.

Another was a boy who was perhaps eight, who came sidling up beside me from behind as I was walking through the event grounds, and said, "Are... are you... My mom says you're a lady, but your voice is kinda deep?" Apparently he had overheard me in an unguarded moment where my female voice wasn't as well controlled as I might like, or perhaps he heard me in male mode and didn't notice differences in hair or figure because of a cloak and hood I was wearing, which I had worn in both modes... Without breaking stride, I just smiled down at him and calmly replied, "Well, some ladies do have deeper voices. Don't let it worry you." He scurried off, believing his mom was right.

The last one who at least suspected my real gender before he was told the truth was a fellow who knew both my daughter and I, as well as our dog (which is a very distinctive purebred - The only one vaguely like his breed in the area). I went to the archery range en-femme, with the dog on leash, to make sure my daughter had eaten lunch and been drinking enough water. This fellow was right next to her and loved on our dog as I talked to my daughter, acting like a concerned adult family member. As I left, he asked my daughter if that had been 'me', and she admitted to him, "Yeah, that's my dad, doing a female character." I asked him later what he thought of "Meridith", and he replied that I did the character extremely well, and that he thought I was quite believable. Only the combination of the dog and my 'parental concern' for my daughter, and the similarity in voice had tipped him off.

The 'official story' we tell people is that "Meridith" is my male side's female cousin, and that because of the age difference, my daughter calls her second-cousin "Auntie". This explains the 'family resemblance' between my male and female characters as well as why 'she' is in our tents and walking our dog. :) And several people who know my male side quite well accepted that explanation for who Meridith is.