PDA

View Full Version : Just another trivial 'gender fluid' rant!

Robin414
05-28-2016, 01:51 PM
Every so often I trim my nails to 'guy mode' (cuz im 'fluid' right?) and it sucks, I LOVE long nails!

I just keep thinking "you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too" (Jack White)...

I know, the whole gender fluid dilema is my 'motif' but I'm getting sick of sitting on this fence and just need to vent to pepole who get it!

Dana44
05-28-2016, 02:58 PM
Yeah Robin, it sucks. I have mine trimmed back every month. I love mine long also but they do get in the way sometimes. In a month they are pretty long, just right but then trimmed back. LOL

pamela7
05-28-2016, 03:28 PM
i get it, i can't grow mine, so they're guy-length but painted as often as practical.

TSKimberly
05-28-2016, 03:52 PM
I feel like I'm missing something here. "Guy length nails"? My father's nails are longer than any GG I've ever met. We call them his Wolverine Claws.

Mylie Taylor
05-28-2016, 04:07 PM
Totally feel that way about not being able to shave my forearms, luckily they're light in color but I shave everywhere else. Same boat with the nails too 😿

Robin414
05-28-2016, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the replies ladies, nice knowing I'm not alone at least.

I think I should just get a good nail file instead of clippers!

Sarasometimes
05-30-2016, 09:35 AM
I know what you are saying Robin, the pickets on the fence get uncomfortable after a bit. The tug of war of life in gender fluid land. I'm a bit bummed about swimming season and the end of painted toes for a while.

Teresa
05-30-2016, 09:57 AM
Robin,
Maybe I'm the lucky one being bi-gender, it's static, same feeling everyday !

My nails drive me nuts ! I try so hard to get all ten looking good for my next outing, I always manage to find a job just before I go out and break some of them, as for my nail polish , it's been a disaster every time so far ! Never believe the claim that it dries in 60 seconds, I fell for that one and danced around cross legged bursting for a pee !

docrobbysherry
05-30-2016, 10:52 AM
Fortunately, my hands r so ugly that spending time fooling with my nails is pointless!:straightface:

I put on my "face" in seconds. Which hides my homely real face. So, I put on gloves which feminize and hide my hands in seconds, too!:battingeyelashes:

jacques
05-30-2016, 11:33 AM
nobody has ever asked me -but if they do "I have long nails because I play the guitar and I varnish them to stop them breaking!"
luv J

St. Eve
05-30-2016, 01:31 PM
thanks for the thread Robin!

I have been biting my nails since 5, which has served me in my profession where I need very short nails.
So, while I do not worry about my nails, I get it for body hair!
I am getting to the point of believing if I were really polar gendered (Trans or Cis) life would be much easier....
Yes, Sara, I am feeling the pickets poking!! Well said.
I have never felt fully comfortable in either gender, but to scared and too involved in business and community in the South to go seriously Gender Queer in my regular life....so....for now it is all boy in the world and at home with my SO, or all girl in my spare time away from my "regular life." For now, that will just have to do...

Peace
Stevie