PDA

View Full Version : Google Search

Judy-Somthing
05-29-2016, 07:02 PM
I just did a Google search for (crossdressers) and saw my avatar and and everyone else's avatar I know on this site. WOW!

And one of my photos was one I deleted a weeks ago.

And I also found that some are unbelealable sexy. (No I'm not into guys) LOL

I've been cross-dressing for fifty years and always stayed away from cross-dressing sites.

Boy some guys are way to sexy as girls, So cool.

Teresa
05-29-2016, 07:27 PM
Judy,
I've been and tried it, it didn't see anything . Did you type anything else in the search bar ?
I did find on one occasion when I typed in a question on Google, it must have flagged up a question on the forum and up came a picture of the person who asked it with avatar.

The only one I know I was posted on was TvChix, someone took a picture and posted it on to update activities in my social group as far as I know someone didn't give permission so it should have been deleted. I only found this out from another member .

Judy-Somthing
05-29-2016, 07:32 PM
Hello Teresa,

I searched (crossdressers/images) and (crossdressers.com/images)
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=261889&stc=1

Mylie Taylor
05-29-2016, 07:35 PM
Search "crossdresser" and your profile name.

Teresa
05-30-2016, 12:43 AM
Judy,
Thanks for that, I can see my avatar among the images ! I don't have a problem with it now but what else have they done with them and how long will they be there ?

I can see that my concerns over the correct entry in the 2021 UK census are correct, I will have to deal with the dilemma with my wife and fill in the details correctly.

Mylie Taylor
05-30-2016, 12:59 AM
How to get them removed https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/4628134?hl=en

stormy_skyxx
05-30-2016, 11:37 AM
i think also the site administrator could prevent images from being displayed outside the site domain

sometimes_miss
05-30-2016, 01:07 PM
Yup, see one of my avatars made it into that search, so very glad I decided to NEVER put up a real pic of myself here.

Teresa
05-30-2016, 01:16 PM
Stormy,
We take that risk , mods can't prevent it on the open M/F section, maybe a clearer warning should flash up when we display avatars.

Sissy_Michelle
05-30-2016, 01:24 PM
Judy,

Yup once you post a picture on a social website it is no longer yours or controlled.

@--}----
Michelle

Tracii G
05-30-2016, 01:29 PM
I'm sure we will see a decline in people posting pics now that they know this.

Amalie
05-30-2016, 01:31 PM
Keep in mind that Google will tailor your search result based on the information they have about you as well; doing the same search through a proxy may give you different results etc (although searching 'crossdressers.com' specifically will be quite straight forward)

ClosetED
05-30-2016, 01:53 PM
Well, I tried crossdresser and closeted and ellen and nothing, so I appear safe. I normally post only to the member only areas and use only legs for public avatar and did not see that even.
I did see Nikkiwindsor's pics.

Ellen

docrobbysherry
05-30-2016, 04:12 PM
There's a lot of stuff on Sherry there, but nothing from from cd.com.

I didn't start out wearing a mask to hide my identity. But, it sure comes in handy in this internet generation!:D

reb.femme
05-30-2016, 04:26 PM
I was horrified to see that they hadn't included any of my really good pics, but generally pleased with the results overall. :heehee:

Becky

Judy-Somthing
05-30-2016, 05:18 PM
So far I've only been able to find Avatar Photos.

Tracii G
05-30-2016, 06:13 PM
I couldn't find anything on a few other searching devices .
Nothing from cd.com just links to fetish sites but no pics

Lorileah
05-30-2016, 08:27 PM
Stormy,
We take that risk , mods can't prevent it on the open M/F section, maybe a clearer warning should flash up when we display avatars.

There is a thing called the FAQs that you read when you joined taht basically says any photo posted in a public (open) are of the forum can be seen by any one, So here your flash warning, post in members only, you won't make Google

Brynna M
05-31-2016, 12:19 AM
I chose my avatar in part because I like it but in part because it doesn't obviously look like me in guy mode. ( which is a good thing for many reasons.)

prabha
05-31-2016, 07:44 AM
Oh my god
My avatar is in Google image search.
I feel very unsafe Even I look very different in my female form
But my biggest concern is flicker it shows my entire profile as first result.

Sara Jessica
05-31-2016, 08:22 AM
I did the experiment. My browser is even in tune with this site so one might think I'd find a bunch of familiar images.

I did not.

In the first image load, one familiar member photo from here showed up. Teresa, you are the winner! Other than that, the only familiar images were those of authors in our community. In the second batch, none. The only familiar image was that of "Bruce" whose inclusion of course shows how little Google knows, to put him in the CD'ers images!!!

sherri
05-31-2016, 11:02 AM
All I can say is, there are a lot of gorgeous gurls out there! :-) And I'm not just saying that, I mean A LOT, and REALLY gorgeous.

There are also more than a few named Sherri -- many of whom have the unmitigated gall to be prettier than me. }:-(

Seriously, I googled several terms/variations and didn't see me or any other forum gurls other than docrobby -- that I recognized, anyway. But fyi, once an image gets on the internet, not only do you not have much control over it or its proliferation, it has a shelf life similar to nuclear waste, so be aware.