PDA

View Full Version : People are soo stupid

Tracii G
06-01-2016, 04:39 PM
I stopped at 5 guys for lunch today and the only empty table was next to some 30 something guys.
You know the type about 50 lbs over weight, big beer belly, 5 days worth of beard growth etc etc.
I was in 50/50 or tweener mode like usual.
I set my drink down on the table and my cute little container of ketchup for my cajun fries.
One of the guys said to his buddy "look that guy is going to use a straw" LOLOLOLOL.
I gave the guy a glance took my straw and opened it and stuck it in my drink !!
Talk about bold and living on the edge.
My main question is when did using a straw in your drink become a gay thing ???
I need to use more than one so other guy guys will notice me maybe IDK.
This world is going nutz.

Rachael Leigh
06-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Ignorance just pure ignorance.

MissVirginia-Mae
06-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Using a straw in a cup like that....I dont see the problem.
How were they drinking out of those cups?

kymmieLorain
06-01-2016, 05:03 PM
That is a new one to me. Straws where made to drink out of. Don't care if you are gay, straight, trans, black, green or purple. They where just idiots. The gene pool defiantly needs more chlorine.

Kymmie

Carmen
06-01-2016, 05:06 PM
Leigh to me that's more like 'macho ignorance'.
I used to deal with those beer belly guys at work. Their level of conversation was always limited to beer, football, women and guns. anything outside of that and they were usually lost.
I recall several times when they would find the tiniest reasons to 'elevate' their macho persona. They thrive on bringing you down by pointing out anything about you that doesn't meet up to their 'macho scale'.
However they soon learned that trying to make me look less macho would end up backfiring on them in front of their 'audience'. I've been a long follower of Don Rickles and his merciless method of breaking people down and making comedy of their ignorance.
I recall challenging Mr. Beer Belly to 10 sit-ups, pull-ups and push-ups. He sheepishly agrees and after I did 10 easy pull-ups he declined in front of his pals and that as the end of that.

Traci your post strikes a nerve with me so this is why I gave a reply. I do not tolerate those kind of people.

PaulaQ
06-01-2016, 05:18 PM
My father really got onto me for using a straw when I was a kid. Like really a little kid! He thought it wasn't masculine. So this idea has been around for a while. This was also when I started to realize "oh, the way I am is visible to people. well that's a problem..."

TSKimberly
06-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Traci your post strikes a nerve with me so this is why I gave a reply. I do not tolerate those kind of people.

Aren't we doing the same thing in this thread though?

Piora
06-01-2016, 05:27 PM
I've never heard of drinking from a cup like that without a straw! Did those blockheads even have a dozen brain cells combined? Neanderthals. :Angry3:

Kate Simmons
06-01-2016, 05:43 PM
Especially if it was the "last straw". then you could go LOL LOL LOL LOL. :)

AllieSF
06-01-2016, 05:44 PM
You should have put on your bright pink lipstick and then tell the commenting guy that you did not want to smear your lipstick!

DaniChan
06-01-2016, 06:26 PM
I think I would rise an eyebrow and look puzzled after hearing a comment like that LoL

Tracii G
06-01-2016, 06:29 PM
Allie things were going thru my mind if they wanted to make snide comments but they didn't.
I see a pack of wild dogs like those guys and wait for them to do or say something stupid.
I can react or not react its my choice not theirs.

Piora
06-01-2016, 07:55 PM
Any woman would have held their grace like you did, Tracii. Good for you.

JocelynJames
06-01-2016, 08:23 PM
Heh, we're on a vaca and a waiter brought us ice coffees , no straws. Near the middle , my SO wore part of hers b/c of the ice. Straws were made for all. They serve a real purpose and the guy was stupid.

AllieSF
06-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Yes, I know that you can handle yourself and I was making a joke. Fortunately, I have never run into any Neanderthals .... yet. I would probably keep to myself, unless I felt safe where I was. Though, I have been known to talk directly to some people better left alone, in a non-confrontational way.

Sarah Beth
06-01-2016, 08:59 PM
With guys like that it's always going to be something, they are bullies, if it had been one on one nothing would have been said about anything. As it was they got onto you for using straw if it hadn't of been that it would have been something else.

Heidi Stevens
06-01-2016, 09:09 PM
Ok, so you used a straw. BUT WAS YOUR DRINK SERVED IN A DIRTY GLASS, Tracii? :devil:

Alice Torn
06-01-2016, 09:11 PM
They sound a lot like my older twin brothers, always finding fault with me, or my bullying control freak neighbor lady. Everything i say or do, is found fault with.

Dana44
06-01-2016, 09:29 PM
When we go to dairy queen, they put straws in the milkshake for you. They were ignorant and cave men mentality. Yeah we have some here LOL but they are slightly smarter and keep their mouth shut for the most part.

Amy Lynn3
06-01-2016, 10:03 PM
I bet the guy could have put a straw in his nose and sucked his brain out. I'm sure it would not have gotten clogged in the straw. BB brain comes to mind. Like Ms James said the ice dumps out on you without a straw.

Brynna M
06-01-2016, 10:10 PM
People who aren't confident in themselves have to find stupid reasons they are better tougher ... Whatever. The dumber the reason the more pathetic the sense of selfworth. And in this case the low self worth is likely deserved.

TheHiddenMe
06-01-2016, 11:02 PM
I'm this case, the proper spelling is stoopid....

docrobbysherry
06-01-2016, 11:13 PM
I don't get it, Tracii? I don't use straws because I don't like ice. I found that out in Europe.

But, unlike over seas, every drink in the US comes loaded with ice and most Americans seem to like that. Including overweight, macho dudes!

Robin414
06-01-2016, 11:19 PM
I go for lunch with the guys all the time and we all use straws with our drinks, many of my male friends are let's say 'well heeled' and a few are 'players' and there's nothing wrong with a dude using a straw!

To my point and this is coming slightly from the blue side of the fence, these guys sound like they've been marinading a little too long in their own 'guyness' and it's made them downright repulsive to whoever is 'fortunate' enough to be in their presence! 😲

Amanda7
06-01-2016, 11:43 PM
I've never heard of this one before. They obviously weren't the sharpest knives in the draw.

Tracii G
06-02-2016, 12:08 AM
I have a tendency to run into odd people like that but I'm not one to be afraid to be myself when I do run into them.
Maybe they never finished high school and are stuck in that mentality who knows.
Its not something I worry too much about.

Shayna
06-02-2016, 12:15 AM
Someone needs to let my wife know that she doesn't need to worry that I'm really gay because I crossdress, but she should be worried that I use a straw.

flatlander_48
06-02-2016, 12:47 AM
Using a straw in a cup like that....I dont see the problem.
How were they drinking out of those cups?

Well, they probably just graduated from sippy cups...

DeeAnn

Sarah Doepner
06-02-2016, 08:31 AM
You see, drinking with a straw just slows you down. If you don't use the straw you can finish your drink quickly and go back for 2nds or 3rds. That helps build and maintain that belly they see as a sign of their manhood. Particularly since it now hides what they used to think of as their manhood.

Teresa
06-02-2016, 08:51 AM
Tracii,
The simple answer is it's not a gay thing, are you sure he wasn't implying it to be a sissy thing, children drink with straws. I will admit I like to remove the lid and drink from the cup.
The comment about the ice dumping out isn't a problem to me because the drinks are normally cold enough so I specify no ice ! I will admit it turned out to be more of a problem in the US than in the UK or Europe . I tried an experiment once , as soon as the drink was served with the normal quantity of ice , I poured the drink contents into a separate container and held the ice back, I had a quarter of a container of drink and three quarters of ice , I'd paid for a full container of drink but was given a quarter , to me that's expensive ice you're paying for. Not only that if you don't drink it straight away your drink goes flat and ends up watered down .

daviolin
06-02-2016, 09:06 AM
The way I look at is. If they were really cool macho guys, like they think they are. What are they doing at Five Guys. They should be at there proper watering hole, like a sleazy bar drinking cheap whiskey and pinching bar maids on there butts. Daviolin

Amy Fakley
06-02-2016, 09:15 AM
LOL ... OMG, that's exactly the kind of crap I caught in elementary school. I mean the exact same crap.
Says more about them than you.

I'd have been tempted to reply like ... "watch out! I'm gonna use this chair to sit in next, hope that doesn't blow your mind!"

flatlander_48
06-02-2016, 10:30 AM
Particularly since it now hides what they used to think of as their manhood.

Sort of like a filet; boneless...

DeeAnn

rachael.davis
06-02-2016, 10:46 AM
Aren't we doing the same thing in this thread though?

There is a conservative French site that uses the tagline "refuse to tolerate the intolerant"

Ressie
06-02-2016, 11:09 AM
Well, I was in a restaurant with a fellow musician years ago. The waitress asked if we wanted straws and he jokingly said, "no, we don't have any suckers here".

renae.lake
06-02-2016, 11:10 AM
that's about the dumbest put-down i've ever heard. i bet 95% of the other male patrons were using straws. what that has to do with manliness, i just don't get.

~ summer

Mayo
06-03-2016, 09:48 AM
I've never heard of this either. I wonder... how do they justify putting cigarettes or long-necked beer bottles in their mouths, hm?

Nashmau
06-03-2016, 10:19 AM
i am sorry tracii but americans are nuts, the rest of the world drinks that stuff with a straw :P

Lauri K
06-03-2016, 10:49 AM
I always thought straws were straight ...........who knew they were gay now

Those guy's sound more like a bunch of adolescents teens than adults ..........please keep them away from the voting booth

I use straws all the time, oh yeah mine is the one that has that lipstick smeared all over it by the time I am done with it

Rachel Anne
06-03-2016, 11:00 AM
I have a tendency to run into odd people like that but I'm not one to be afraid to be myself when I do run into them.
Maybe they never finished high school and are stuck in that mentality who knows.
Its not something I worry too much about.

It's not you, definitely. I've seen people like this my whole life.

It's worse when you can't avoid them. Sometimes you just need to press on.

Amy Lynn3
06-03-2016, 11:27 AM
I posted on this thread before, but came back to see other comments. While reading the other comments I remembered the following about straws. Many times, while growing up I heard many of the macho guys ask other guys..... "do you want a Sissy Stick".

The way I see it.... if they want to buy me drinks I will not use a straw to drink with, however, if I pay for it, I shall drink it with or without a straw. My option then.

Jeri Ann
06-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Hey Traci,

Surely pack mentality was at play with those guys. I have never heard of using a straw meaning anything and I live in a serious redneck area. Probably, if their brains were gasoline, they couldn't start a piss-ant's motorcycle. Just sayin'.

Jeri

Tracii G
06-03-2016, 11:55 AM
I mean never had I heard using a straw made you gay.
My two ex wives used straws and they weren't gay,my two daughters use straws and they aren't gay.
Soooo why on earth is me or anyone else using a straw now gay to these numbnuts?
All I can guess is this pack must have migrated down from Ohio.

Lily Catherine
06-03-2016, 12:03 PM
Maybe it's mostly an American thing - I have used straws on a basis beyond regular, especially for 'soft drinks' and in fact for certain cocktails as well. I haven't drawn any flak for it till date - not using a straw is way less hygienic at most of the places I eat.

I've had worse for riding a step-through bicycle (I rode it for the cargo rack and basket), although my peers and I quickly outgrew those insults.

Tracii G
06-03-2016, 12:10 PM
Lilyy you just reminded me about the bike thing OMG that was so stupid too.
If a boy was caught riding a girls bike it was pure hell to live down the harassment from boys.
Boys should should have used step thru bikes anyway because that put the bar out of the way of his male parts.

Diane1950
06-03-2016, 12:53 PM
(sigh) You just can't fix stupid, I guess

TSKimberly
06-03-2016, 01:15 PM
There is a conservative French site that uses the tagline "refuse to tolerate the intolerant"

I see very little tolerance here.

Tracii G
06-03-2016, 03:59 PM
Who was that directed towards Kimberly?

donnalee
06-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Unfortunately, some people never graduate high school.

Tracii G
06-03-2016, 05:09 PM
Donnalee I'm pretty sure this group didn't finish middle school because they all had on khaki cargo shorts and golf shirts

flatlander_48
06-03-2016, 05:13 PM
I always thought straws were straight ...........who knew they were gay now

Particularly those bent, kinky ones...

DeeAnn

Piora
06-03-2016, 06:04 PM
Their comment to you was simply a 'straw man' argument. :heehee:

Nicole Erin
06-03-2016, 09:53 PM
How bad would it have been if you had ordered chocolate milk and used two straws?
Chocolate milk should not be drank thru a straw, it should be gulped like I do.
Do you like chocolate milk? I recommend the Nestle quik "latin flavor" powder, oh it has a kick!

What Tracii may have failed to mention was if her straw looked like this -
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/618gBDJDoYL._SL1001_.jpg

She was just sitting there using it and DARING anyone to say something.

Tracii G
06-03-2016, 10:34 PM
Y'all are getting crazy now LOL
Straws for the world !!

Kevyn53
06-04-2016, 12:28 AM
My biggest hassle with straws is that americans go through 500 millions straws a day. Every day. That's 182,500,000,000 per year. My wife went online and found stainless steel straws that we take around in the car so as not to add the the grand total.

flatlander_48
06-04-2016, 01:36 AM
What Tracii may have failed to mention was if her straw looked like this -
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/618gBDJDoYL._SL1001_.jpg

Now, THAT'S Kinky...

DeeAnn

NicoleScott
06-04-2016, 10:10 AM
I read the OP several times and still can't find where the guy said that using a straw is gay. Maybe he thinks it's childish.

CONSUELO
06-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Aside from their particular attitude about the use of drinking straws there is a much larger issue--BAD MANNERS. I was always taught that it is the height of rudeness and bad manners to make comments on the people around you at a restaurant. Whatever you order and however you choose to eat it or drink it is your business. Of course I was also taught to eat properly so that I did not offend those around me by greedily shoveling food into my mouth.

JenniferMBlack
06-04-2016, 11:39 AM
There are two possible reasons Noone has considered here. Maybe they were tasked with finding out where all the straws were going. And maybe he wanted to use a straw and his friends made fun of him. So he was like see other guys use straws. We always assume the worst. Maybe he used the straw as a way to get his friends to look without being a complete jerk and using a derogatory word. Though it is still a jerk move it at least shows a sign of politeness.