PDA

View Full Version : colored contacts?

Gail Stauffer
02-23-2006, 02:29 AM
I'm curious if anyone here might know where one can purchase colored contacts without a prescription by a doctor? thank you.

Jenny Warren
02-23-2006, 04:48 AM
Yes you can, but you shouldn't put anything in your eyes thay you don't need to.

Your eyesight is precious and you should not risk encouraging an infection that will at the least be very uncomfortable.

Jenny

talkwithmelissa
02-23-2006, 05:18 AM
I do not know of anyplace to buy contacts without a Dr. Perscription. I wear contacts and had to be fitted each time when I changed brands. I am not against them, but If you do go for them just follow the directions. Your eyes need to take in oxygen overtime where contacts tend to reduce its effect leading to eye ulcers. You can also use makeup to enhance your eyes. Good luck.

kathy gg
02-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Gail, are you worried about what your Dr. will think? If so, the actual Dr. is usually not the one who you buy the contacts from. Most places have a Dr. next door with the lens shop next. So usually the Dr. does not even know if the perscription is for regular glasses or contacts.

Another thing, go google around for ordering contacts online. As long as you have some perscription I believe you can order contacts via mail order or online. I remember seeing ads in magazines about contacts at half price when I still lived in the states.

I know you can get contacts with no perscription though. That I am sure off, one of my gg friends has had every color and her eye sight is near perfect.

As for protecting your sight....I dont' want to downplay the importance of taking care of yoru eyes. But as long as you use the cleaning products and store them safely you are fine. Unless you have some weird eye problems or have cataracs or known eye condition, most people with good vision can wear them with no repurcussion. I can't recall my eye Dr. running a specific test just because I wore contacts. I am sure some places do, but basic exams done in malls are usually fairly inexpensive.

Good luck.

I love colored contacts! Easier to put on I find than clear.