PDA

View Full Version : Best Woman and Man of Honor

TheHiddenMe
06-01-2016, 11:00 PM
My wife and I were at a wedding this weekend of someone I know.

While the wedding party walked into the church, I noticed the last pair walked in on the opposite side of the bridesmaids and groomsmen, so the woman was standing on the groom's side and the man was standing on the bride's side.

We borrowed a program from the woman in the row in front of us and it listed the wedding party. It showed the bridesmaids, the groomsmen, the maid of honor, AND the Best Woman (the groom's sister) and the Man of Honor (a male friend of the bride's).

I asked the groom about the arrangement after the wedding. He said he had two choices, and his male choice was in Afghanistan, and as he had always been close to his sister, she became the Best Woman. The Man of Honor during the toasts said the bride told him after meeting the groom that he would be here Man of Honor, as they had been friends since 6th grade. Nobody at the wedding made a big deal of it.

So slowly gender barriers are falling. Maybe not as fast as we hope, but day by day.

colector381
06-02-2016, 02:51 PM
well its actuality not new there are mentions of honor attendants (bride's and groom's) going back to medeavel times. its in more recent time that its been best man, maid of honor

Rhian
06-02-2016, 04:26 PM
I'd be pretty annoyed if one of my friends chose a best woman instead of one of the lads as it would ruin the stag do.

bridget thronton
06-03-2016, 12:28 AM
My daughter had a man of honor (her friend since they were in kindergarten) - he wore a tux and carried a bouquet

Pat
06-03-2016, 08:57 AM
I'd be pretty annoyed if one of my friends chose a best woman instead of one of the lads as it would ruin the stag do.

You need to meet some different women. ;)

crossdrezzer1
06-05-2016, 03:49 PM
I was a male maid of honor and wore a tux... it has nothing to do with being a cd or gender,, its normal....

Taylor186
06-05-2016, 05:43 PM
I recently saw a man of honor too, in a tux just like the groomsmen and best man. While enlightened, it has nothing to do with the kind of gender barriers we all would like to see fall.

andreanna
06-05-2016, 07:03 PM
My daughter had a man of honor, great guy, super friend, and I understand it was the best bridal shower my daughter wife and mother had ever attended. His daughter maid the cutest flower girl with impecable manners.