06-04-2016, 06:29 AM
...just enjoy the ride.....as you said.....patience

PennyNZ
06-05-2016, 03:48 AM
Thanks Claudine

The ride is slow but sure

PretzelGirl
06-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Penny, you will have a lot of months like that. HRT can certainly teach a person patience, or show they have none.

PennyNZ
06-06-2016, 02:29 AM
Thank you Sue. I love the support that this forum offers most times

I value your encouragement and experience

Thanks

PretzelGirl
06-06-2016, 08:19 AM
It is a tough thing to finally get to HRT and then told we have to wait. I sure was one of the ones that didn't have patience (still don't). But it affects us in different ways at different times. I got some good affects that I wasn't watching for early and the ones that I was watching for took a while or are still in process. It is tough, but it is part of the path.

Jennifer-GWN
06-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Penny... A bit of perspective from my own experience. Was on hormones for several years... Had some physical results and was Kinda happy assuming that was that. Then last year things really kicked in and over the past 12 months have been suprised regularly at the additional progress. Everyone's body is different, protocol choices are a big part as well, monitored blood levels, etc... Then there is time and patience. Been quite a nice results year for me along with going full time.

Barbara Ella
06-06-2016, 03:34 PM
You sound calm and happy dear, which makes me think you have had an immediate effect of the HRT on the mind. Yes, it is a long journey, but it can be so enjoyable with the calmness. On HRT for three years, Nothing much first 9 months, lots of things in between, and still noticing changes today. You are on the train and your ticket is punched. Enjoy the trip.

Hugs,
Barbara

PennyNZ
06-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Then there is time and patience. Been quite a nice results year for me along with going full time.

Thanks Jennifer - good to know from your experience and congratulations on your great year - life must be a lot better for you

Pen

You sound calm and happy dear, which makes me think you have had an immediate effect of the HRT on the mind. Yes, it is a long journey, but it can be so enjoyable with the calmness. On HRT for three years, Nothing much first 9 months, lots of things in between, and still noticing changes today. You are on the train and your ticket is punched. Enjoy the trip.

Hugs,
Barbara

Thanks Barbara - yes, I am very happy 90% of the time, thanks

Since coming out in August last year things have been a lot smoother that I thought it would be

And since starting HRT in Feb, the calmness has been fantastic, with a few small positive changes to date

thanks
Pen

LeaP
06-07-2016, 09:31 PM
Hormones and effects …

You start taking them. You expect – I don't know – something. Nothing happens for a while. A few months go by and there's something, but it is SO slow! Eventually, it ALMOST… but never quite completely… slips away from your day-to-day consciousness. Like a dream, or something that you almost forgot… a long time ago.

Hormones require patience, but they are really more than a matter of patience. The funny thing is, the longer you are on them, the more it sinks in that you have had their full benefit all along.