PDA

View Full Version : A day out on the town

phili
06-05-2016, 05:56 PM
I had a really nice day out- despite the the bummer of having to park somewhere to get my dress on, I had a wonderful day. I enjoyed the murals, went in an antiques shop and bought the necklace you see in the first shots, tried to volunteer at the local LGBTQ center but they were unavailable, then walked downtown to Macy's department store.

People mostly ignore me, and I feel perfectly safe and accepted as a man who likes to wear dresses. I spent an hour shopping for a new dress, and eventually had to give up on a wonderfully styled chiffon dress because it pulled a bit and the falsies were sewn in ;(0. But I changed into my white lace dress for the evening, and bought some new sweater tights, that have super long legs and don't drag my garter belt down! The weary sales clerk- looked me up and down and said, -" I love the lace- you are stepping up- you are stepping up!"

I took the subway to Berkeley to meet some new people in the Queer Theory book group, which turned out to be a lot of smart 20-30 somethings, and we had a great time discussing the Cultural Politics of Emotion, by Sara Ahmed. She is an astonishingly thought provoking writer, and I am looking forward to going back next month.

All said, I'm having no trouble and a lot of life long desires realized by making these days out. My wife realizes it is a big part of exploring and trying to come to grips with my gender identity, and I shared the evening via texts with her. Being out of sight helps, but we are making progress as we make time to share more clearly what our feelings are.

Here are a few pics to give the feel of the day.

Allisa
06-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Very nice day and being comfy as yourself and your preference in clothing, keep on keeping on.

Rachelakld
06-05-2016, 10:27 PM
looks like a nice day to be out and like that you can wear that without getting any greif