PDA

View Full Version : Two groups of dressers, part 2

violetlinda
10-19-2004, 05:08 PM
I have copied this post of mine from another thread cause I think it could deserve Your opinion.
That thread was about labels, but here I would like to know what do You think about this.
It would be both interesting or funny to know how do You cope with , mainly label2 group.

"I have another label, a practical one, to put on some of us.
I think there are two different groups among us:
those who live alone and can do whatever they want: dress, undress, get out dressed, shave their breast and legs, go to a transgender bar, etc. :
To this group belong also those who have a partner who perfectly knows.
well, label one?

And those (label 2?) who live with a wife, maybe kids, and CAN'T do most of these things whenever they want.
They have to live all the problems of "label 1" and moreover risk a lot (end of marriage?) in being seen by someone they love and who doesn't know.
What's the use of such labeling ? Maybe none.
To me, it helped to find out not all of us have the same problems to cope with.
And of course a start for a discussion about that."

Marianne
10-19-2004, 05:30 PM
I live alone, except for my cat. He doesn't care how I dress.

If you'd asked me the same question a year ago, I'd be in group 2.

Amelie
10-19-2004, 07:18 PM
I voted, lives alone can dress any time. What I really would be is, lives with another man and can dress anytime. It's not quite wife/girlfriend, but close enough, he nags like a girlfriend, but not about my dressing.
Amelie

Nanci
10-19-2004, 07:40 PM
I'm happily married with a family and my wife doesn't know what I do when I'm home alone. I have been very careful to keep my femme wardrobe stashed away under lock and key, out of sight, in the basement. Even if she saw the container, I'm hoping she would assume it was some kind of tool box. Of course, the padlocks might make her curious. . . But so far, so good.

The big downside of this is that I can't easily access my lovely lingerie or skirts or heels. I tend to only get this stuff out when I am home alone, on a day off from work or something like that. My wife has travelled out of town on business three or four times in the last few years and that has been a wonderful opportunity to dress up. But other than that, I dress maybe a couple of times a year is all.

I live vicariously through the adventures of those of you who have the opportunity to dress and go out, and are kind enough to share those experiences with us here. I have a few pictures (like my avatar) and my memories. . . aw, sweet memories of times when I have gone out of the house, just to see and be seen in a skirt and feel the breeze blowing up that skirt. Those memories of clicking down the street in a pair of heels are what keep me going until the next time.

GraceUSA
10-19-2004, 08:58 PM
hmm, you might need another group. Lives with roommate(s).

Actually my roommate knows but I don't dress around him since hes very uneasy about it. But since I'm mostly unemployed right (used to work at home in the past) its not really an issue for me.

Grace.

violetlinda
10-21-2004, 05:05 PM
I live vicariously through the adventures of those of you who have the opportunity to dress and go out, and are kind enough to share those experiences with us here. I have a few pictures (like my avatar) and my memories. . . aw, sweet memories

Nanci, I was very happy to see Your post! It's quite the same I feel.
I have a very extraordinary place where I hide my high heels and all of my wonderful dresses. I think the best place is the place where everybody would never think You could hide something.
Hope they are not more clever than me !!!
As a matter of fact this is a problem many girls here don't have to cope with.
Let's start a thread about best hiding places!
Memories. This is another deep thought. When You can dress as much as twice a year this is Your (and mine) only solution.
I often think about that when I make sex...

Amelie
10-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Hiding places for your fem clothes? As the late Rodney Dangerfield would have said, I would hide my fem clothes some place the wife never goes, I would hide them in the kitchen.
Amelie

NewShy21NJmtf
10-21-2004, 05:30 PM
What about younger CDs like me, who live half the time in a college dorm, and half the time with parents, and therefore, can't dress ever just about?

Stephanie

Oh, and congratulations to me!!!!!!!!!!! this is my 100th post!

Amelie
10-21-2004, 05:35 PM
Yea Steph, and congrats, in another two years you will catch up to Vicky.Lol
Love Amelie

Nanci
10-21-2004, 08:09 PM
What about younger CDs like me, who live half the time in a college dorm, and half the time with parents, and therefore, can't dress ever just about?

Stephanie

I can relate to your problem, Stephanie. I was dressing in high school and through my college years and kept things stashed in the back of my closet at home, locked in an old tool box. Fortunately, at that point in my life I did not have much to hide.

In terms of dressing, I was fortunate that it was just my mom and me. She worked days and bowled one night a week, and I explored her dresser and closet many of those bowling nights. Funny, I hadn't thought about those days until your message prompted me to think about them. And in college my roommate for three years went home almost every weekend to his girlfriend. I dressed up many Friday evenings after he had left town. So I was fortunate in both home and college situations. Good luck to you, hon, as you try to find times to dress!

Wenda
10-21-2004, 09:11 PM
when I was young, my cd was my mom's bra, etc. I just had to be really proficient at putting things back exactly where I found them. I wasn't into cd in college, and only marginally after university and marriage. Recently re-discovered a huge pent-up desire. My g/f is tentatively supportive. I live alone. I keep my shoes, boots, lingerie and clothes in my closet which is really rewarding, because, when I open the closet door, there they are!!. My 4 adult children still are not aware (I believe). wenda

jessicadiane
10-21-2004, 09:13 PM

Stephanie

I understand what you are going through Stephanie. I lived in the dorms during college and the only time I got to dress was when my roommate left for the weekend.And even then I had to watch the door to make sure he didn't come back early.There was no place to hide.What a rush and while I lived at home I would dress in the garage if I could evade 2 brothers and three sisters.Good luck in your endeavors trying to find a place let alone a time to dress.
:)

Wenda
10-21-2004, 09:16 PM
ain't it great to have Amelie back on the forum? wenda.

jessicadiane
10-21-2004, 09:39 PM
It is always great to have Amelie with us. She adds such warmth to our group. Huggs and love

babe4life
10-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Not sure what to vote ... Live with parents still, so dressing chances are miniscule. Having said that, watch this space. Hope to get a chance today :D

Stephanie, congrats on your graduation to Senior Member :)

Love,
Vicky

Stephanie Brooks
10-21-2004, 11:39 PM

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie! I like the name. ;)

Yeah, I remember those days. I also remember a little yellow leotard I wore at school. Mmmm... delicious. :D (I had a very male and very straight roommate. He never knew.) Oh, and that little black slip I wore out in the woods, a full slip, my first, so sweet... Hang in there, Sweetie, and enjoy the times, rare as they may be.

Oh, and yes, congrats on your century post!

violetlinda
10-22-2004, 04:52 PM
Well, after some votes I can see that about 75% of us can dress often without problems, while the remaining 25% doesn't.
This is quite surprising for me. As a junior member I thought most of us lived inside home with someone else, waiting for the time to dress and could never dress outside home except for extraordinary events .
That is family/wife/friend out for the w/e: voila!, go on and dress!
On the contrary I understand this is the life for only 1/4 of us.

I always thought a crossdresser was someone who lived not only with all of the joys and problems we debate on everyday, but with the fear of being caught .
That makes life richer but full of thrills !
Everyday may be the last of Your present life, if You get caught, making a marriage fall through.
So we are a step behind and maybe don't even know if we want to go ahead with this walk.
And where is the way? Nobody obviously can answer.
More confused and sad...
Well, go on and start doing something else!

Amelie
10-22-2004, 05:04 PM
I think you are right Violetlinda, I think most CDs are of the married kind that find it diificult to dress. Only 29 people voted on this thread, and most of the Cds that are free to go out, were also more free to vote. I think the ones that find it difficult to dress, didn't vote. I wouldn't put to much on this vote telling us anything, just look at it as a fun thread. You can find out by the CDs stories here, and see how many find it difficult or more free to dress. From these stories you will find more of the closeted CDs, than the dress anytime CDs. So I just think the closeted CDs didn't vote.

Or maybe they voted for Nader and threw their vote away.Lol

Love Amelie

jade lee
10-23-2004, 07:16 AM
I be in the class 2. I live with 5 other siste as I was growing up. So I wa surrounded by tights, garters then came the girdle revolution, I was in heaven. Learn about bondage from my sister. Please don't think I am sick. As I have done a great job of being a father and husband. I just gobi my feelings!

Wendy me
10-23-2004, 07:22 AM
you need to add one more
lives with wife who dosen't know not a big deal