PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Deal In Reverse

rockerreds
06-09-2016, 09:48 AM
I was shopping at a local mall on Tuesday when I experienced a bathroom deal, only in reverse: dressed in all Madewell (like usual) I went to the Men's Room, where a young man was doing some sweeping up when a female voice came on his walkie-talkie, saying that there was someone in there that didn't belong. Since I was the only shopper in the Men's Room she was obviously referring to me! When I emerged there was a female employee standing outside, who had seen me going in, glaring at me. I guess this thing cuts both ways, male dressed in a femme manner being seen as out-of-context in a Men's Room.

Stephanie47
06-09-2016, 10:16 AM
I guess she figured an older "cougar" was in the men's room looking to pickup younger men. :)

Kate Simmons
06-09-2016, 10:38 AM
Glares are cheap. They work both ways too. :)

Amy Fakley
06-09-2016, 10:44 AM
this is the thing about "potty wars 2016" that makes no sense to me.

In my view, the entire social convention of "ladies use this one, dudes use that one" has more to do with protecting the user from society than it does with protecting society from the user. Since like forever, the deal has been "use the one that will get you in the least trouble" ... and the reason it has been that way is that it works.

You were dressed like a girl, and unless you were acting extraordinarily shady to the people around you, you were functionally a girl. So the bathroom that you would be safest in, is the one reserved for people perceived as female. You were out of place in the Men's room, because to the people around you you were not perceived as a male

good lawd! I can't wait for 11/2016 to come and go, because this election year stupidity is exhausting and childish. I haven't been this exasperated since my first kid hit the terrible two's.

carhill2mn
06-09-2016, 12:43 PM
I do not understand why you would use the men's room if you were presenting as a woman.

Lorileah
06-09-2016, 01:02 PM
:yt: can you fill us in? Oh wait, refer to another thread that says you should if you are a "crossdresser"

Jenniferathome
06-09-2016, 01:51 PM
I'm quite incredulous about this post, period.

First, as Carole points out, why. Second, walkie-talkies for janitors? But third, that ANYONE would make a complaint AND that there would be a response so quickly. I have been in the men's room numerous times when a woman(usually two women) has proceeded in, head down, apologizing while explaining they can't wait int he women's line.

No guy cares. Actually, you badly for the woman. We know it's disgusting in there and no woman would choose this if they had a better option.

Rachael Leigh
06-09-2016, 01:59 PM
Yes very strange indeed but it makes the point that if your presenting well then the guys are uncomfortable.
Look if I'm presenting as a women I would not at all feel comfortable being in the men's room at all.
I usually try and avoid the bathroom when out anyway

Vickie_CDTV
06-09-2016, 02:46 PM
It must have been a really, really slow day. Strange men are a perceived (or in fringe cases real) threat to women alone, a woman in the men's room is not a threat to men in there (barring robbery I suppose.)

As for why she was en femme but using the men's room, they might have been dressed in feminine clothes but presenting male, or it might be that may be what the law requires there and wants to avoid legal trouble.

AllieSF
06-09-2016, 04:05 PM
Jennifer,

I am not sure why you see the OP's thread as incredulous, unbelievable, if I understand that word correctly? We have several ongoing bathroom threads going on, a sticky created for the topic, members here that state, not insinuate, that CD's should not use the women's restroom, and some respected, at least be me, TS's that say if you identify as a man, you should be prohibited from using the women's restroom altogether.

So, point one, some members going out dressed in women's clothing may have their own fears about using the women's restroom and that fear is being heightened because of the related threads here.

Point two, there are night janitors who thoroughly clean the mall/building and then there are the day time ones who keep restrooms clean and are also on call to handle those periodic "Clean-up on aisle 9" problems that need to be done immediately, eg. big liquid spill and safety in the middle of a heavily transited aisle or mall concourse. Therefore, it is common for some day time janitors to carry walkie talkies for such emergencies.

And finally, many malls have their general restrooms for all mall usage located near the on-site mall offices, the restrooms are located to avoid using storefront locations. A mall close to where I live is just like that, and several others that I have frequented over the years in different States are similar. So, having someone nearby, a janitor, security person for a quick response, is not that rare. Yes, according to Murphy's law, when you need them, they cannot be found. Also, maybe that janitor just happened to be working in the area. Who knows? Therefore, that is credulous and believable to me as to why someone may decide to use the men's restroom. I personally refuse to use the men's room when out dressed because it is logically the safest and best resolution to these unending bathroom issue threads. Oh, in talking to a few janitors and park attendants over the years, many state that the women's restroom facilities are generally much dirtier than the men's.

Jenniferathome
06-09-2016, 04:54 PM
... when a female voice came on his walkie-talkie, saying that there was someone in there that didn't belong. Since I was the only shopper in the Men's Room she was obviously referring to me! When I emerged there was a female employee standing outside, who had seen me going in, glaring at me.....

Allie, I completely understand that some cross dressers might think that using the men's room is the right thing, but still I ask "why? As did Carole and Lorileah.

"Emergency Janitorial"? Never seen that in my life. Rest rooms get cleaned on a schedule and when there's a problem, they get cleaned on that same schedule unless there's a flood. Again, I have never seen a public toilet problem get addressed in real time.

My incredulity remains regarding the alert and anyone taking action. In our double standard world, no one is complaining about a woman entering the men's room. They might be laughing about it, even concerned that the poor lady is "lost" but they're not complaining.

Tracii G
06-09-2016, 05:58 PM
My incredulity remains regarding the alert and anyone taking action. In our double standard world, no one is complaining about a woman entering the men's room. They might be laughing about it, even concerned that the poor lady is "lost" but they're not complaining.[/QUOTE]

This exactly.
With all that has gone on about this subject I have done as I always do and use the ladies room if I am dressed as such.

tbryant2k16
06-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Damn if you do, damn if you don't!!

lingerieLiz
06-09-2016, 11:09 PM
My wife and I were at a restaurant today. Our waitress was someone we know. As I was looking at her I thought she has bigger shoulders, arms, legs than I do and her facial structure is very manly. She is pregnant so we do know she came into the world as a girl. But, there are a lot of people out there that could easily be mistaken for the other sex. I suppose I am one of them. Not so much today but when I was young I was mistaken for a girl on several occasions wearing jeans and a guy shirt. I did have a figure much like a slim girl and boobs.

Brynna M
06-09-2016, 11:17 PM
2 years ago no one would have cared much less cared so quickly. In truth I doubt any one actually cared that day. it was just some sad "culture warrior" trying to score a point for their team.

PaulaQ
06-10-2016, 01:49 PM
The problem with these laws some people want to pass restricting restroom usage is that it effectively makes no gender segregated restroom safely available for any of us.

Example:
You pass. Your choices are:
1. Use women's room - risk getting fined
2. Use men's room - risk attack, risk getting fined, which you can later prove in court that you belonged there

You don't pass:
1. Use women's room - risk getting fined, risk attack
2. Use men's room - risk attack

Essentially all of us are at risk whichever we choose. Family or unisex restrooms would be the only safe places to use.

Kate Simmons
06-10-2016, 02:58 PM
Perhaps the best bet is to just use discretion and only go to restrooms where this is not an issue. The idea is to go for relief not to draw attention. :)

arbon
06-10-2016, 03:10 PM
In our double standard world, no one is complaining about a woman entering the men's room. They might be laughing about it, even concerned that the poor lady is "lost" but they're not complaining.

The case that may well land at the supreme court involves a FTM using male spaces.

Robin414
06-10-2016, 11:45 PM
The problem with these laws some people want to pass restricting restroom usage is that it effectively makes no gender segregated restroom safely available for any of us.

Example:
You pass. Your choices are:
1. Use women's room - risk getting fined
2. Use men's room - risk attack, risk getting fined, which you can later prove in court that you belonged there

You don't pass:
1. Use women's room - risk getting fined, risk attack
2. Use men's room - risk attack

Essentially all of us are at risk whichever we choose. Family or unisex restrooms would be the only safe places to use.

Exactly, which is why I use the universal 'single use' washroom....yah, this bush is occupied, wait your turn! 😠

Rachelakld
06-11-2016, 01:07 AM
Control and power - some people live for it, others don't :)
My ex, lived for control and power, that's why I have an ex

I Am Paula
06-11-2016, 09:18 AM
I do not understand why you would use the men's room if you were presenting as a woman.

Maybe she really likes getting beaten up. That's the only reason to tempt fate like that.