PDA

View Full Version : Been giving back

LisaJ1
06-11-2016, 04:57 PM
I have been giving back lately and this person is feeling better.I have a co worker,Kim that has a 14 year old son that is a part time crossdresser going by Chloe when dressed.Mom is fully supportive and bio dad is a jerk about it.I credit Kim for being there for Chloe showing her support.Kim loves Chloe a lot,her youngest of 3 sons.It was last week Chloe met Lisa for the first time and was excited.I told Chloe that I went through the rejection with my bio parents kicking me out when I was 14 years old.Chloe finally understood she is not alone.Kim says she is a much better person since I came into her life.I took out Chloe out for lunch and she got to know me more.Kim was with us too and took a picture of us together for a memory.Chloe did tell me thank you and we hugged telling her she is welcome.I say it looks good for Chloe and knows I am there for support as well.

Allisa
06-11-2016, 07:35 PM
That's great that you would be a mentor and example for her, but please be careful about the father, you are not "blood" and know how family reacts. How do the other brothers feel about her? I hope everything goes good for her and you.

LisaJ1
06-11-2016, 08:19 PM
I am a mentor to her.Her two older brothers love and accept her in.Kim's family and friends know about me and has seen a positive change in Chloe since I became a mentor to her.

Rachelakld
06-12-2016, 04:02 AM
very couragous, and I would have done the same, well done, probably even saved a life :)

Teresa
06-12-2016, 04:21 AM
Lisa,
I hope it does help long term, giving back as a Cder really does validate our own existence.
I assume you're totally out to your family to be able to help in this situation ?

sophie_
06-12-2016, 04:22 AM
That's a fantastic thing you have done for her .... how many of us would have loved to have had someone like you in our younger days to talk to and draw strength from. x

Mollyanne
06-12-2016, 05:30 AM
That was a very compassionate thing to do, well done Lisa, WELL DONE!!!!!!

Molly

Mykaa
06-12-2016, 06:31 AM
Thats a pretty awesome thing youve done Lisa.

JamieG
06-12-2016, 06:42 AM
Way to go Lisa! Just be careful, there may be people out there who will accuse you of "corrupting a minor."

phili
06-12-2016, 07:32 AM
This is going to be valuable to your young friend but Keep your good intentions perfectly clear to the troublemakers out there by following the standard rule for youth workers: rule of three : 3 people present at all times and preferably two where there are lots of other people around as well. And you let her talk about her, having parents close by, etc. Sorry to be cautious, but here in California people are guilty till proven innocent whenever somebody feels like being suspicious might help.

I use the guideline that all my actions will be on video and edited by others. So every shot has to stand on its own and not be misinterpreted ( no hug s or friendly touches), and every word is printed, again out of context, so no metaphors, hints, criticisms, private jokes, etc. All that can be done at the home with the parents present, but not out.

LisaJ1
06-12-2016, 11:08 AM
Lisa,
I hope it does help long term, giving back as a Cder really does validate our own existence.
I assume you're totally out to your family to be able to help in this situation ?
I am out to my true family,they love and accept me in.My bio parents did not,kicked me out when I was 14 years old.

Fiona123
06-12-2016, 11:15 AM
Lisa, Phili is correct. You are in a very vulnerable position. No matter how innocent your intentions, the optics of an adult CD male befriending a minor really look troubling. This is just the type of thing the trans haters would seize upon to justify their hate.