PDA

View Full Version : Memorable Times in Drab where you got to Feel Girly/Feminine?

Sarasometimes
06-15-2016, 02:22 PM
Curious about others memorable experiences, where there were in drab and somewhat unexpectedly they got to feel girly/feminine? I had many back in the 80's going for my men's haircuts and my very cute hairstylist would at times draped me in a floral or leopard cape or other times suggest a conditioning treatment and the next thing I know I wearing a pink plastic heated conditioning cap to "let it penetrate.
I have others I will add if this is of interest.

wanabe-Leona
06-15-2016, 03:13 PM
Last year had to go to the ER for kidney stones. On the discharge paperwork it said for her to take it easy for a fuel days. Really felt good on the inside even with the pain of the stones.

Dana44
06-15-2016, 03:21 PM
Had my face made up at a Macy's on a Saturday while in drab. Looked pretty good. LOL

ChristaB
06-15-2016, 05:12 PM
Sara, one of my memorable experiences was similar to yours. I went to a men's salon in Europe for a straight up haircut. Got the standard package with the haircut, 10 minutes of hot towels to the face, face message, eyebrow trim, fingernail buff, finished off with a shoulder message, all undertaken by a cute young thing. Wasn't what I expecting, and certainly wasn't cheap, but it was very pleasant.

RADER
06-15-2016, 05:32 PM
About 4 years ago, My wife dressed me up in a French Maid's outfit,
Complete with fish net hose, and with a white apron, I look real cute.
I had no wig at the time, just my bald head, and mustache, and 5 O' Clock
shadow, I was a real drag maid.
My wife had me handing out candy to the "Trick & Treat" on Halloween.
I had a blast; The mothers all loved it, lots of LOL's and complements on
"Costume". Only one "Dad" looked at me and shook his head.
Not dad for over 100 people, (Kids included) saw me in "Uniform"
I wish my wife was here to help me repeat the performance. I felt real
Girl like that day.
Rader

LaurenS
06-16-2016, 05:42 AM
Used to have my eyebrows waxed in a salon all the time.

I also enjoyed taking my wife to get her nails done. I almost always undressed, though.

Also enjoyed holding her purse. I slung it over my shoulder without any hesitation.

Teresa
06-16-2016, 06:03 AM
Sara,
There have been several but the one I loved was when I was taking photographs at a wedding one of guests ask me to pose with five adult bridesmaids , I squeezed in the middle and put my arms round the satin waistline of the girl either side , how I wanted to be one of them.

I think the other maybe going into Boots and asking for a colour test on my face , the SA was lovely, she analysed my skin with the meter and chose wheat , despite saying she was only going to do some spot tests she made up the whole of my left side. I was in drab, with booths open to the public being made up, what a girly moment !

CarlaWestin
06-16-2016, 07:10 AM
My tweener (the girl friend between marriages) convinced me to get a perm.
At work the first day, the guys screwed with my but the women were all over me.
It was fabulous!

Sarasometimes
06-16-2016, 07:13 AM
Carla, I too went through the perm phase with my first wife (I was a CD then too but didn't acknowledge it at all). She got them routinely and then she decided to get one from my hairstylist. I used to go with her since I have always loved the salon atmosphere and sure enough my stylist suggest I get one too. So a week later she back there with me, this time watching me get my perm. The 2 of them had a blast making all sorts of comments about how cute I looked getting my "first" perm! That the purple rods went well with my blue eyes. and wanted to know if the "perm" setting on the dryer was too hot for me or did I have what it takes to be pretty.
We enjoyed dueling perms for years. I have many great tales over those years.

Lauren, you reminded me of a trip to the beach with a group of friends and most of the girls went on a amusement ride and they all handed their purses/handbags to me. The other guys cowered and there I was with a menagerie of cute bag slung over both shoulders. The gals really gave the guys a hard time about their fear of a handbag.
Once in VS strictly shopping for my wife, I was told if i wanted the instant $5 off coupon they were offering GG's i would need to get in queue and try one on just the same, very memorable!

ClaudineD
06-16-2016, 07:54 AM
LOL....trying to remember last time in drab:daydreaming:

Amy Lynn3
06-16-2016, 08:14 AM
Every few months I have a manicure, pedicure, face and back massage by one of the women in a local salon. I get the best package deal they offer and it is not that bad, cost wise. Well worth the cost anyway.

daviolin
06-16-2016, 08:22 AM
I love it when the ladies at church ask me to work the kitchen for special events. Just me and all the ladies. Very girly. Daviolin

Desiree2bababe
06-16-2016, 09:04 AM
Mine was at the World of Wigs where a most beautiful lady adorned me with the sexiest long strawberry blonde wig and said I looked good!

JamieG
06-16-2016, 10:58 AM
One time that really sticks out for me was one night during a jazz dance class. The dance we were learning had these really sexy hip thrusts in it, and it felt very feminine to me, especially given than I was surrounded by women doing the exact same move (the class had 20 women and only 3 guys, if you include me as a "guy"). Ballet class also makes me feel very feminine, the stretching of the legs and pointing of feet, the delicate arm movements, etc. are all very girly.

bridget thronton
06-16-2016, 11:19 AM
Trip to the salon, cut, hair washed, brow wax - my stylist is great

Sarasometimes
06-17-2016, 08:13 AM
Bridget and others, I have had so many of these types of moments during drab salon treatments and to this day they still are very pleasant bonuses.

I had a female friend, years ago who loved to shop and I would "tag" along. She was about 2 inches shorter than I and she would, at times, discretely hold up a skirt or pants to me to see about where they would hit on her, or sling a handbag over my shoulder to see how it looked on someone. She would always thank me for being such a "good sport" and wondered aloud about the pack of men standing just outside the "DMZ" De-"Men"itarized Zone, otherwise known as the women's or lingerie departments. I also frequently ended up holding her bag while she used both hands to look through the racks. Of course I was loving it all along.

Petra1
06-17-2016, 05:30 PM
The time I went to the store that caters to CDs to get my wigs trimmed. Sitting in the chair, dressed as my male self, wearing the wigs while they're being trimmed, and a couple of women walked in to shop. Also tried a couple of different breast forms on that day. And this was also the first time I had outed myself to a complete stranger (the shopkeeper).

Sometimes Steffi
06-17-2016, 11:38 PM
I had gone on an overnight trip to get a makeover at Amanda's in Bethlehem PA. The morning of the appointment I applied Kiss press-on nails and painted them classic red. Although I hated to do it, I took off all my makeup and dressed in drab for the 3 hour ride home. However, I couldn't part with my press-on nails, so I left them on, even when I stopped to fill up with gas and then when I stopped at Micky D's to fill up on coffee.

Ressie
06-18-2016, 10:03 AM
1958 I was 5 years old in the hospital roomed with several older kids. They were teasing me, calling me by the feminine version of Robert - Roberta.

1975, I was thin with long blonde hair hanging out with my friends at an apartment complex. A woman that lived there wanted to take me to her apartment, said she had a dress she wanted me to try on.

1977, A woman thought I was gay because I was thin with long blond hair.

Being whistled at as I walked down the street in the '70s.

Sarasometimes
06-24-2016, 06:06 PM
Petra isn't it great when strangers accept you.

Another salon surprise was when I went for a facial to my regular salon for my men's cuts, the esthetician suggested that I get my eyelashes dyed darker. She said she lots of guys who get them done and that she had time right then. Being a sucker for a pretty face and it sounded a bit fem I agreed. After my facial she led me back into the main salon to a reclining salon chair, put a cape on me, reclined the chair and opened a eyelash dying kit. It had a selection of crescent shaped pink sticky paper things which she sized to my eyelids then I was asked to close my eye for about 15 to 20 minutes. She applied some color to my lashes. as I laid there apparently a small crowd of clients gathered to see what she was doing as I heard numerous voices talking about what was going on. 20 minutes later she rinsed it off and my lashes were more noticeable amd my eye looked brighter. I had her do it on occasion and then she moved to another salon.

NancySue
06-25-2016, 02:14 PM
Hi all, I'm a newby here. I guess I've been in outer space. What is "drab". I think I can guess, but I don't want to assume anything. Thanks, Nancy Sue

Ressie
06-25-2016, 03:13 PM
Petra isn't it great when strangers accept you.
I wasn't accepted by a customer when I tried on wigs at a salon, but I didn't care.

Hi all, I'm a newby here. I guess I've been in outer space. What is "drab". I think I can guess, but I don't want to assume anything. Thanks, Nancy Sue

DRessed As Boy = men's clothes are rather drab aren't they?

NancySue
06-25-2016, 07:07 PM
Thanks Ressie.. Glad I asked ! I was totally wrong. Yes, compared to my wardrobe, my guy clothes are drab. Sorry for your rude treatment at the wig shop. Their job is to help all customers and increase revenue....duh.

Julie Gaum
06-25-2016, 07:48 PM
To put some of the responses into historical perspective: In about 1935 - I was 10 - my father, a well-known New York attorney and "man about town" took me to a shop with perhaps ten barbers. He got his usual shave first with hot towels from a large gas-heated oval contraption, then a straight razor with whipped lather, at the same time a manicurist rolled up to put clear polish on his nails and a shoe shiner did his shoes. The "elite" in all large cities considered that the norm --- nobody considered it sissy in those days.
Julie

suchacutie
06-25-2016, 09:03 PM
My wife convinced me to get a facial peel (abrasion) at the office of the plastic surgeon she uses. Talk about walking into a woman's world and being treated incredibly well! Trust me, you will love it, and it is simply feminine all around you, and the staff does want you to "get in touch with your feminine side"!

Sarasometimes
06-26-2016, 06:59 AM
Suchacutie,
You put it well that if you want to in drab experience some feminine-like pampering go to a salon/day spa and try a facial, some body treatment or pedicure. The salon you choose is certainly a variable. I avoid any that call the treatments for men by "manly" sounding names like manicure as "hand detailing". If I'm looking for a new salon I search and consider the decor and often the photos on Facebook for them will give a good indication if they cater more to a women clientele. Some expect "all" clients to change into a smock/robe, the capes can be really cute too and of course most of the fragrances you smell during a facial are floral based.

Ressie, sorry to hear other customers weren't polite. I find when they are friendly too it is very relaxing and a nice feeling. One of the first times I went to a salon for makeup, I walked in dressed but with just lipstick on and sat in a busy waiting area. The slightly older woman next to me kindly complemented me on my skirt and asked where I got it. She than asked what I was having done and when I said makeup, she said she has always wanted to see what they could do for her but has never done it. She added, I'm sure you look fantastic.

NancySue
06-26-2016, 09:07 AM
My supportive wife convinced me I needed a pedicure, so I agreed. I didn't know what to expect. I was "comfortable" underneath. 😉 When I sat in the recliner, I felt immediate pleasure and feminine feelings. I was the only guy there, but definitely felt like one of the girls. I wanted her to put nail polish on, but that would've caused unnecessary attention. I did get smiles from a couple of the patrons...WOW. I couldn't wait to get home to totally dress, which I did. We went shopping. Yes, a fabulous, feminine experience. 👠 👗💄

Liz57
06-27-2016, 12:34 AM
I had a similar situation as NancySue. After letting my wife know that I wanted to get a pedicure the next time she went we set up an appointment a couple of weeks ago. I didn't know what to expect but when we got there she let me pick her nail color, I of course wasn't allowed to color mine since we'd be around kids and grandkids on vacation. Maybe in the winter I will be able to. So I felt almost like a girl surrounded by all them women having my feet massaged and nails trimmed while the chair messaged my back. I did get the clear polish so it was almost like painting my nails. They did the whole hot stone treatment and rubbed lotion on my calves. I left there in a state of euphoria.

Liz

Sarasometimes
06-28-2016, 10:57 AM
Nancy & Liz, go for color next time especially if your SO supports you doing so. You will get minimal attention and most likely it will be positive. I have done it drab and en femme and the best is when the GG in the chair next to you asks for the same color he/she (meaning you) picked.
I tried a new salon/spa for a pedicure and i decided to under dress with a rather firm long legged panty girdle. Well it turns out this place has everyone change out of their pants/skirt... and put on a robe/smock "so your bottoms don't get lotion/water on them. Well it was certainly interesting be sure to keep my legs together so as not to flash my girdle hems. i have had dozens of pedi's and no where else has this robe method been offered. Has anyone else every have a similar experience?

Jenny123
06-28-2016, 02:21 PM
For me, it was when I have gotten pedicures (with nail polish) while dressed as a guy. I definitely got a few people staring at me, but the lady doing the pedicure was extremely professional about the whole thing.

Dana44
06-28-2016, 02:27 PM
For me, I went and had my nail place paint my nails and my toes for a trip I was making. I was male and they were very professional about it. Many people commented on the color while I was in drab. But I do keep my toes painted and they got used to it at the workout club.

Sarasometimes
06-28-2016, 04:03 PM
Dana44,
The first time I had color on my toes in drab I didn't know that they had names on the bottom of the bottle. I was directed to pick a color. i picked a pink shade in Essie brand and handed it to my nail tech. She said "Great choice, Pansy is a popular shade. "The irony was not lost on me."

docrobbysherry
06-28-2016, 07:45 PM
Never, ever, not once, nada, nunca, :brolleyes:

Sallee
06-28-2016, 07:53 PM
certainly getting pedicure in male mode I really liked it when I got color done too. Getting makeup samples in MAC was a bunch of fun That was probably my favorite since I said I was a CD and was looking for cover

Sometimes Steffi
06-28-2016, 08:57 PM
Nancy & Liz, go for color next time especially if your SO supports you doing so. You will get minimal attention and most likely it will be positive. I have done it drab and en femme and the best is when the GG in the chair next to you asks for the same color he/she (meaning you) picked.

For me, I went and had my nail place paint my nails and my toes for a trip I was making. I was male and they were very professional about it. Many people commented on the color while I was in drab. But I do keep my toes painted and they got used to it at the workout club.

I've gone to a few nail salons, but there's one small one that I go to kind of regularly. I've gone both in drab and en femme. Once (in drab) I got and ocean blue, and the lady next to me said, "You really rock that blue. I couldn't pull it off." (big smile by me)

Sarasometimes
06-29-2016, 08:11 AM
Steffi,
Aren't those unexpected positive comments the best! Do you remember your reply?
Granted this other time I was en fem at a new salon years ago and after doing an especially thorough makeup job on myself I went in for a roller set. While she was putting in the rollers she was telling me a fun but lengthy story, so I listened quietly . The GG client in the next chair was even listening during her haircut. As she finished I was off to the dryer so I requested a refill on my coffee in my not so fem usual voice. When I was dry my stylist whispered, "Just thought you may want to know, that the client next to you earlier, said she all along thought you were a woman until she finally heard you voice and that you looked great." It totally made my day, wow!