PDA

View Full Version : Hair STYLES and the CD/TG/TS

TracyDeluxe
02-23-2006, 04:30 PM
OK, OK, I realize that I am in the minority here, what with my "boycut" and all, and I do realize that a few more "feminine gestures" ("flipping" the hair out of your eyes, tucking behind the ear, etc., etc.) are on tap with longer hair (and I have a few longer styles), but I do notice that almost no one has short hair in their pics.

Do you all really hate short hair, or what is the deal? No right or wrong here, obviously, but what with so many "real" women wearing their hair in shorter styles, I was just wondering why so many go for the longer styles?

JoAnnDallas
02-23-2006, 04:42 PM
if you notice, I for one have a short hair style. I'm not sure how I would look in a longer style. Need to try that out one of these days. I just might look back in the mirror and fall in love with a longer style. LOL I think a lot of us that do have a longer style, have it because that symbolizes a more fem look than a shorter style does.

uknowhoo
02-23-2006, 04:47 PM
that symbolizes a more fem look than a shorter style does.

I think that's definitely part of it.

Also, I think that many of us wear longer wigs because it helps us appear more femme. Some of us gals are lucky enough to be able to pull off the short hair thing. I'm afraid I don't qualify for that category.:o

Also, a longer wig hides any back of the neck/back hair. :eek: Ewwww, I know, I know, but you asked.

Tammi

Julie Avery
02-23-2006, 04:56 PM
I think the predominance of long hair/wigs is CD's starting out by going for the opposite of the masculine gender stereotype. I also think many genetic males wouldn't be able to pull off a short hair look and appear very femme. It's a really sophisticated look, if you can pull it off, to my mind.

insearchofme
02-23-2006, 05:02 PM
Tracy

I wear long haired wigs I guess because I wear my male hair very short and I'm balding. I do think that most guys like long hair but women really look better with shorter hair.

I love your hair in yoru avatar, please don't ever dye it of let it get too much longer. You look perfect the way it is!!!!!!!!!

Jasmine Ellis
02-23-2006, 05:03 PM
my wig covers the back and also comes round the front to cover the neck. Which I must say I need.

maryjanecapri
02-23-2006, 05:05 PM
i personally love short hair. my SO wears her hair short and she looks sexy as could be. she (like myself) wears it all spikey and crazy most of the time.

S. Lisa Smith
02-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Funny you should bring this up. I liked your hair so much I may get a short wig.

ChristineRenee
02-23-2006, 05:10 PM
I used to go for the longer styles Tracy, but finally came to the realization that a shorter style was much more attractive and suitable for my age. (54) I still think I look much younger than that when dressed, and now I no longer look like I am trying to look 30 years younger than I really am anymore.

Trying now to "age" in the female mode with dignity, grace, and style, as much as possible. (while still retaining that "old fart...but still a tart" quality as well!:D)

Sherlyn
02-23-2006, 05:11 PM
..too me its just a matter what suits or frames my face better ...I have tried shorter ....thought hmmmm not too bad ...but the longer auburn wig... I've grown too love ..SCREAMS ME !!! :)..

ChristineRenee
02-23-2006, 05:14 PM
..too me its just a matter what suits or frames my face better ...I have tried shorter ....thought hmmmm not too bad ...but the longer auburn wig... I've grown too love ..SCREAMS ME !!! :)..Oh tis you Sher...tis you....SCREAM ON sis!!!;)

MandyTS
02-23-2006, 05:16 PM
It really depends. I can not pass as a girl right now with shorter hair because in fact at my height long hair just looks in proportion. This is sort of a minimum length that girls will go to, and if you are shorter than that you draw attention.

I can not wait until I have a long ponytail that I can have flipping out of the back of my hair :D

SuzyZahn
02-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Just love my short style wigs,,,,a nice change,,easier to wear also,,,nothing flopping around in your face etc,,,although thats nice at times too,,,,just nice to have the perogative to change!!

Shannah
02-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Tracy, Just be glad you can pull it off, having short hair and still looking very fem and natural. I had mid-back length hair for 20 years, it's over rated.

Carlacd
02-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Mine is a longer wig, due body type and facial features. Having broad shoulders, a longer wig helps in making them look smaller. Plus when i had my make-over, a longer wig was suggested for me.
Just got mine in the mail today. Used one of the Boutiques wigs for my make-over.

Wendy me
02-23-2006, 05:51 PM
i a long hair lover and have not cut mine in way over a year no wigs for me and i think long hair works for me...........

GypsyKaren
02-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Actually, I keep going shorter and shorter...I was finding long hair to be a pain to deal with. I kinda like the length I'm at now, though I have been toying with the idea of trimming the back a bit, haven't decided yet.

Karen

Sharon
02-23-2006, 06:03 PM
My own hair is a few inches below the shoulder now, but I think I look better than I do with short hair (such as in my current avatar). It is a pain in the butt sometimes, but what are you going to do? :)

Tracy, I think you look wonderful in your shorter cut hair, but it is due to the shape of your face -- it complements it.

Jenni
02-23-2006, 07:18 PM
I think it's probably easier for most of us to hide stuff, or change proportions with longer hair. Having said that, I prefer to keep it shorter because it's less trouble to style.

Charlene Marie
02-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Tracy, Your hairstyle is perfect for your face and very feminine. Most of us simply cant wear really short hair. Thats not to say that the long styles look good on everyone either, in fact they dont. You can carry this very cute and feminine hairstyle you look great.

Leigh Davis
02-23-2006, 08:02 PM
A few years ago I was in a position that enabled me to grow my hair a little longer. However my hair, as straight as it is, required setting and styling. My wife helped me with that but it did require so much more preparation. See below. So much easier to put on a wig and go! I tried shorter style wigs but they just didn't look as good. Long hair makes me feel more fem too.

Lauren415
02-23-2006, 08:08 PM
mine is not that long

Denise01
02-23-2006, 08:13 PM
My wig is what you may call medium length.
I would love to have my own hair long enough to be able to style nice and femme, but unfortunately it is getting pretty thin.
I went to a wig consultant that specializes in wigs for cancer patients and also does a lot of work in the TG community.
She tried on 3 or 4 wigs before she came up with one that she felt was right for me and i liked.
I comes down just to my neck on the back, and shapes around just above the middle of the ear.

I love the look

Denise

Mona
02-23-2006, 10:08 PM
I tried shorter wigs and on me they looked like wigs so I went with a longer style. I also have a size large head that might have something to do with it. I like long hair but wish I could wear a short one very now and then.

Laurie Ann
02-23-2006, 10:28 PM
I just love longer hair. When we were in HS my now wife then girlfriend had long (down to the top of her backside) hair blonde and I loved it then and I still do.

Billijo49504
02-24-2006, 01:46 AM
I've got 1 shorter hair wig, and a couple of longer ones. Actually, the one in the avatar is the shorter one.

Fionax
02-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Does n't it all depend upon what shape your face is? Most guys have a square jawline and as they get older......yeah it will happen....., get jowls or double chins, so short hair emphasises that unfeminine feature.

Does n't the flip of long hair turn anybody on, and what about 'women's crowning glory' anyway?

Fi

ashlee chiffon
02-24-2006, 02:27 AM
when it tickles the shoulders and back when wearing gowns with tiny shoulder straps..being able to tie it up and back and in pony tails *luv how it brushes the back*...the security the bangs and hair gives the face in hiding flaws...the warmth in the winter...silky strands blowing in the wind..
but short hair wigs are kewl in their own way also!:thumbsup:

Natalie J
02-24-2006, 03:26 AM
I'm all for long hair. I have never bought a wig, and never will. I come from a hippie-type family, so me having long hair is acceptable. Just to appease my ex a couple of years ago, I cut it all off. It was terrible! I've spent the last year regrowing it, and will never cut it again, with the exception of trims. I LOVE MY LONG HAIR!!! :D

Deborah
02-24-2006, 03:36 AM
With my dad being in the military then i joined the military at 17. While married the now Ex always wanted me to have short hair. So here i am older now and it doesn't seem to want to grow as fast as i want it too. :)

chantelle
02-24-2006, 04:06 AM
Hey with everyone discussing hair and all that I would like to say
that I have always preffered long hair myself. THus i should be the
one to say that some of u that have long hair should be my best
friends. Some of us can get away with short hair. Some cannot.
I cannot.

Love
chantelle.

TGMarla
02-24-2006, 08:52 AM
I've always like long hair on women. I think the short hair convention on men sucks, and I enjoy it even when older women still wear their hair long. What is it, some right of passage that women hit a certain age, and they chop off their beautiful hair and suddenly get a perm? Ugh!

Furthermore, longer hair for me covers up a lot of my male-ness. So it's a marriage of both style and practicality. Give me the longer hair any day.

MsEva
02-24-2006, 09:09 AM
I used to wear longer wigs..but as I aged, I think I like shorter hair as contemporary GG's do. I wear bobs, just shy of shoulder length. But I have always admired your look. It is so natural.:)

suzanne claire
02-24-2006, 07:30 PM
IMbelieve that your hairstyle should conform to your face and age. Your short style looks great on you but might be terrible on me.;)

MaylinJane
02-24-2006, 11:37 PM
I admit that I find short hair on a GG extremely sexy, maybe it has something to so with the whole gender blending thing, I don't know. I myself have to have long hair, bare minium shoulder length. I had hair down to the middle of my back twice in my life. Both times I had it cut off both during purges, I didn't feel bad about the loss of my clothes right away, but I cried as soon as I saw myself with short hair.

May

Bridget
02-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Personally, although i would like to have longer hair to wear up, i think that my current hair which is relatively short looks pretty good too. Also as an added benefit of short hair, no wig is necessary, as it works well both in male and female mode.

Jennaie
02-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Tracy:
I would love to be able to wear a shorter wig, one that looks simular to your hair style, but I can't. The reason I wish I could is simple, most women my age wear their hair shorter.

If I were to wear a shorter wig it would accentuate my strong jaw bone and not so soft facial features. You look very female in the face and your hair style seems to compliment both your age and your face. Lucky you!

Tina Dixon
02-25-2006, 12:33 PM
When i bought my wig the first of the month I had tried on about fifteen diffrent wigs, shurley the gal that helped me was a great help, and we both agreed the first one I put on was the wig for me, it's long but it took away some of the roundness of my face, I will probley get a nother wig in a couple of months, who knows what it will be.