PDA

View Full Version : New Glasses shopping trip

JessieA
06-22-2016, 10:25 PM
I want out dressed in my local area for only the second time with a GG friend. Went to pick out and order a feminine set of glasses and I found the perfect pair. We picked up friend's daughter went to subway. Then to the mall to shop bought a new bra, a swing, a new top and wonderful new flowing skirt I just love. Helped friend's daughter pick out a dress that looked great on her, No funny looks and the optometrist was very professional even though my male name was on prescription card and I paid for it with a card with male name. Got to use my credit card with Jessica on it for the first time while shopping which was really a thrill for me. All and all very fun and empowering day.

Mykaa
06-22-2016, 10:58 PM
glad you had a fun outing Jessie I was wondering about it!

Angie G
06-22-2016, 11:56 PM
You go girl.:hugs:
Angie

Teresa
06-23-2016, 01:02 AM
Jessie,
Last time I went for an eyesight check I asked the young salesman if he could do me a deal on a female pair, while we were looking through the frame selection he came out to me about dressing for a party and feeling guilty because he liked it so much. We talked about his feelings , I said I'd give him some contact details if he needed any help. On my collection day I offered to show him some of my pictures, he was very surprised how I looked and appreciated how open I was with my CDing. When we finished checking the glasses out he thanked me and wouldn't stop shaking my hand, I really felt I had helped him through his problem.

I was also grateful that he'd helped me with some female glasses.

Rachelakld
06-23-2016, 03:26 AM
great days, may there be many more

Janine cd
06-23-2016, 10:00 PM
I envy you. I wish that I had the courage to venture out into my community dressed and confident.