PDA

View Full Version : Chi Pride!

Cynthia T
06-26-2016, 04:24 PM
Things just fell together today. I had to be on Chicago's north side anyway, so I was able to wear an androgynous outfit -- light blue turtleneck and faux leather slacks. Entirely too hot for weather, but... Walked down to Sheridan and Montrose, put on wig, earrings, makeup and heels in a portable. Then strolled down Broadway as Cynthia, hips swinging and heels clicking. No one paid me any mind, even got a couple of complements. Headed back up north, stripped down and left before the parade got under way, but oh, what a time! My S.O. asked me what I felt like. I said, "sexy!"

phylis anne
06-26-2016, 09:16 PM
I luv it :heehee: just think if an ol wino had been sitting there when ya went in---- and then saw you when ya came out he might swear off drinking lol glad you had a good time

Cynthia T
06-27-2016, 05:05 PM
On reflection, my answer to my S.O. was incorrect. (I knew it when I told her) What I felt was 'accepted'. Walking down Broadway, no one hassled me, and I felt safe. People smiled at me--a not really passable old crossdresser. I wish now I'd gone into a store to buy something, just to be treated like a lady--strike, like a human customer.

DianeInMilwaukee
06-28-2016, 01:57 AM
Several of our friends invited my wife and I to watch the parade with them, but she wanted no part of it. I can only dream about what it must be like to get to dressed up and actually march in it. For years my family would always schedule things on the day of the Pride parade and on Halloween so that I wouldn't be tempted to dress. They felt they were doing me a favor. My wife just doesn't want to see me dressed, so it's pretty much DADT.

docrobbysherry
06-28-2016, 01:09 PM
I'm glad u posted an add, Cyn. Some folks don't find androgenous looks to be sexy.

I find them confusing. I'm never sure what the wearer is trying to present?:battingeyelashes:

Cynthia T
06-28-2016, 08:21 PM
Diane: Just to be clear, I was not IN the parade -- I was strolling along the sidewalk en femme, an hour before the start, enjoying being out and free. The parade is a fun experience, no mater what your orientation -- I hope you can persuade your wife to come down and see it sometime.
And doc, I was not trying to be androgenous, just able to get to the parade route without attracting too much attention, but I see now that is how I presented. Next year I'll wear my leather miniskirt....

Janine cd
06-28-2016, 10:19 PM
I miss being in Chicago so much! I lived there for more than 65 years. Being a part of the Gay Parade was a high point of life.