PDA

View Full Version : Out and about...?

Nadine Robles
06-27-2016, 11:42 AM
Hello, there. It's been awhile since I posted or replied anything around here. I guess I simply had nothing interesting to tell whatsoever. But yesterday I kinda had some funny experience I'd like to share. After a long while without dressing -or having time for my own for that matter- I had a small opportunity. I had to do some chores and formalities all day long and decided to go for the androgynous look. (going out enfemme is not an option for me yet). Some skin cream just enough to get a mild scent (and the nursing required for this harsh winter), underdressing -of course- with a light pink and grey shirt and panties set, black hose and pink cotton socks (its really cold outside), flashing under a pair of unisex tight-but-not-that-tight jeans. Also some sneakers, that could easily be worn by a teenage girl with a casual look. The only strictly male garment I put on was a short sleeved shirt, just to cover the undergarments. Over that I put a womens plain black jacket, since I am small it fits me and even a little loose, so it passes as menswear completely. Clean shave, a bit of foundation to smooth out, jus a kint of mascara (I have naturally long eyelashes anyway) and the giveaway: light pink lipstick (even though I have light skin tone, if you looked close enough you could tell the effeminate detail).
Just to remind, Buenos Aires is such a chaotic, massive cosmopolitan city you can go out disguised as a teletubbie and still not stand out. We've seen some stuff, so people just dont care about you or your looks.
What I was not expecting is that, as I was going out on the street, I was going to cross ways head into, what were the odds, with my somewhat conservative, borderline homophobic granny.... I went from full relax to the adrenaline rush we all know. Of course she recognised me even I was wearing sunglasses, I pretended to be in a hurry (as a matter of fact I was...) and just said hello and went on my way, but here we always say hello with a hug and kiss, even cassually and even between complete strangers, so she just stood there expecting the protocolar peck on the cheek, to which I sloppily replied and just said goodbye. Of course she didnt suspect anything strange, having the reduced sight of an 80+ and the brain telling us what to see and hear, not like I was wearing a skirt or anything for that matter... I wonder what she thought when she saw the lipstick mark at the end of that day :P (remember its Argentina, so everything can and will kiss you...)
That small episode aside, I just wanted to point out how nice it can be, even if its only for me and nothing shows. It was wonderful to roam around all day feeling a bit feminine for a chance.

Kisses!

Teresa
06-27-2016, 12:16 PM
Nadine ,
I think it's great to have a member from another part of the World, no matter where we live we all have similar problems, most of it is in our heads.
Next time you see granny tell her you're sorry for being in a rush and give her the biggest hug !

Nadine Robles
06-27-2016, 12:41 PM
You can bet I do it often enough. Ive lost close relatives and Ive learnt to enjoy the company, you can't take for granted they will be there forever.

AllieSF
06-27-2016, 01:05 PM
Congratulations on getting out and sorry for the unexpected encounter . I lived for 10 years in Buenos Aires, and yes, a hug and kiss are usually expected from friends and relatives, females and males. I hope that you enjoyed your time out and are not too upset about last night's loss to Chile in the Copa America. We were all disappointed except for our Chileno friends who were with us.

Nadine Robles
06-27-2016, 01:12 PM
Dont worry AllieSF, I coudn't care less about football... Not my thing.

deebra
06-28-2016, 07:18 AM
Nadine, we're definitely on the same page with this one, read my post titled "Passing In Fem" on page 2. I couldn't believe more members didn't do this?????