PDA

View Full Version : Sitting in Starbucks waiting for a tow truck.

Sheila11
06-30-2016, 07:43 PM
I can't believe this is really happening. My spouse is out of town for a few days so I have been driving her car around. She never seems to notice when something is not right with her car. I noticed the a/c did not seem to be working great and figured I would have it checked out next week. Pulled into Starbucks after doing a little shopping and before I turned the car off a hose or something worse burst.

I called aaa and they are sending a tow truck. Since no one knows me as Sheila, I am trying to figure this thing out. I guess I will just have him take the car to my mechanic and then call uber to get home. I had definitely not planed on this much face time with muggles.

On a positive note my wife is out of town till tomorrow, so this won't be a coming out party to my wife. Just the tow driver and the über driver. 90 minute wait. Me and my frappacino are nervously chillin.

Lauren Richards
06-30-2016, 07:52 PM
Nice! I have found the folks at Starbucks to be very open and friendly. Same with AAA driver. Locked my keys in my car one night, and spent some quality time with the gas station attendant and a friend of his who stopped by to visit. And.. you look Great!!

Lauren

MindiB
06-30-2016, 07:59 PM
At lease your looking fabulous while waiting for a tow truck.

Tracii G
06-30-2016, 08:10 PM
I think you have this thing covered Sheila

Jamie Lynn
06-30-2016, 08:11 PM
This sounds like another future story just waiting to be told!! Soon?:D

Rachael Leigh
06-30-2016, 09:00 PM
Oh my well have to say this would be an interesting day for those of us who go out, I mean I enjoy my interacting but I generally choose who I will talk to.
Hope it all goes well

Karren H
06-30-2016, 09:19 PM
Get the AAA app on your phone!! It is amazing and speeds things up a lot!!

Sheila11
06-30-2016, 10:25 PM
Thanks for all your concern. Tow was there in an hour and uber showed up 4 minutes after I requested a ride. The tow driver was a little surprised because he had been talking to my male self on the phone. The uber driver never batted an eye. I love it when everyone is so professional.

Now they have a new story to share with friends.

Teresa
07-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Sheila,
What a great story, I always check my car but not so good with the wife's so I''l have to give it more thought just in case we have to swap cars.

One question who gets the bill for the repairs, your wife, the guy in drab or Sheila ? Just as well they don't take a picture to tie up the call out person with the recovered vehicle !

Lori Kurtz
07-01-2016, 02:32 PM
I loved driving around en femme, but there was always that nightmarish thought in the back of my mind: what if the car breaks down, or I'm in an accident?

Dana44
07-01-2016, 02:49 PM
Sheila, It is a good thing and while the tow truck driver was a little surprised, You got home safe and I now that when i am out en femme, I do think about that and well, I don't think anybody would be troubled by it. So, that was a good night out in reflection.

Jenny22
07-01-2016, 07:47 PM
I loved driving around en femme, but there was always that nightmarish thought in the back of my mind: what if the car breaks down, or I'm in an accident?

I drive en femme, usually from the waist up, all of the time, and I am the most careful driver on the road .. seriously. I also carry a full set of drab clothing in case of a breakdown. If there's an accident, and I'm not seriously hurt, I can exit my telling femme stuff pretty quickly. If seriously hurt requiring ambulance and the ER, well, they've seen it all before!

TrishaTX
07-01-2016, 08:23 PM
who cares you look great!:love:

Sheila11
07-02-2016, 10:09 AM
I keep giggling about the whole episode. I didn't mention that when I got in the uber car it was a bit tall and almost gave the driver an unexpected panty shot. Then I managed to tip my purse upside down and dumped most of it out on the floor. As we talked I found myself checking my makeup in the visor and freshening up my lipstick. The whole thing was Close to the most fun I have had in a while.