PDA

View Full Version : More progress with my wife

Chelsea B
07-02-2016, 06:10 PM
Since coming out to my wife a little over 6 months ago, and after some therapy together, we have been DADT. she doesn't want it in her face, but acknowledges and understands it's something that makes me happy.
About 2 months ago, she suggested I move my stash from the garage, to some better boxes on the top shelf of the closet,....progress.
Last month, she also suggested that I might want to join a support group, which I had indeed been wanting to do.
So, she has been increasingly more supportive, even though she just doesn't understand it.
This last week we were on a road trip. She was navigating with Waze on my phone. At one point I looked over, and she was browsing my photos, and I realized that if she had opened a second photo app, it would have selfies of me dressed. On inspection, indeed she had, and didn't say anything until I brought it up. I apologized that she had probably seen some things that she couldn't unsee. Surprisingly, her only real comment was that she couldn't understand why I would want to take pictures of myself, but overall was not terribly negative about it.
I look upon this as progress. At each turn, I have always waited for her to bring it up, this was the one exception, but she seemed to handle it well.

Chelsea

Judy-Somthing
07-02-2016, 07:29 PM
Wow very cool, I would love to tell my wife but I'm afraid of a negative outcome!

Angie G
07-02-2016, 08:30 PM
Glad it's going well for you Chelsea.:hugs:
Angie

suzanne
07-02-2016, 11:08 PM
Well done, Chelsea. It really does sound like your story will have a good ending. Eventually. Carry on, we're all rooting for you.

Shayna
07-03-2016, 12:50 AM
Glad to hear this Chelsea.

Alyssa Lane
07-03-2016, 12:56 AM
Mine has said the same thing and thinks im self indulged in myself, not quite the good thing

Teresa
07-03-2016, 12:57 AM
Chelsea,
I would love to do that , in fact I had a panic attack because I borrow my wife's camera when I go to my meetings and put my own memory card in it but I couldn't find it in my bag for a few minutes and thought I'd left it on the kitchen sideboard at home. The pictures are all those I've posted here since January so nothing too raunchy but my heart did miss a beat for a minute.

It's great your wife thought they were OK, somehow I think mine would do the same but no guarantees !

Emma or Darren
07-03-2016, 12:58 AM
What Judy said
Emma xx

Sarah Louise
07-03-2016, 01:27 AM
That all sounds very promising, Chelsea. Let's hope things progress further, but if they don't, it sounds like you're in a good place. Many in the closet would be happy to be in your shoes.

Michelle Girl
07-03-2016, 01:42 AM
Chelsea, it is very encouraging that your wife is making suggestions and is bringing the subject up. It's often the CDer driving the conversation and pushing too hard. So this, together with the other gestures such as moving your stash indoors, shows acceptance to a degree. It sounds as if you're travelling in the right direction. The future may truly be bright. Just continue to be careful with the pace of progress.

Michelle

Jessica1983
07-04-2016, 01:12 AM
I'm happy for you hope all goes well just take it slowly x

Terry V
07-04-2016, 10:45 AM
As I have noted in this forum my wife has over the years come to accept this thing on mine and even sometimes buys me things I would never buy for myself so in the long run we have grown together in many different way this is just one of them.