PDA

View Full Version : I hate my body

prettygirl4
07-05-2016, 12:42 AM
I started the process of transitioning almost a year a ago. I know it takes time, but I just want the transition to be finished already. I just hate looking at myself in the mirror and not yet seeing the beautiful woman on the outside that I am on the inside. Does anyone who has finaihed transitioning have any advice?

I Am Paula
07-05-2016, 07:57 AM
I think hoping that your body will catch up to the (probably) unrealistic image you create for it will end in disaster. Try the other way around- Take what you have, and make the best of it.
A long time ago I realized I was never going to look like Charlize Theron, so I keep my hair nice, dress well, and appropriately, do my makeup carefully, and voila! I am beautiful me. Not the image I had yesterday. A beautiful today. If something changes (not likely after 3 years HRT) I will deal with it then.
The key is realistic goals, and living in the minute.

Heidi Stevens
07-05-2016, 07:58 AM
If you've been in transition for over a year, you surely have some sort of couciling support such as a therapist or psychiatrist that you are working with. Tell them the problems you are having with the anxiety of transitioning. If you don't have a councilor, I highly suggest you get one soon. Good luck.

becky77
07-05-2016, 02:34 PM
"If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it".

Sorry that's reality. Genetics is a bummer but wishful thinking gets nothing done.

Zooey
07-05-2016, 03:42 PM
I go through periods of suffering from body dysmorphia disorder, and I'm in one of them now. In my mind, my face literally changes shape the longer I look at it. Being trans can compound this, for somewhat obvious reasons.

I'm "lucky" in that I can tell when it's happening, and do what I can to think my way through. I'm also lucky to have friends I can talk to about it, and who are willing to just keep talking if I start to tear up randomly when it's going on.

Take care of yourself, and do your best to learn to love yourself the way you are. I know it's hard - believe me - but it's incredibly important, and I'm proud of the progress I've made.

becky77
07-05-2016, 04:19 PM
In my mind, my face literally changes shape the longer I look at it. Being trans can compound this, for somewhat obvious reasons.

You too? Some messed up stuff that but I'm getting used to recognising when I'm seeing the monster and although it upsets me it doesn't stop me and I just put it out of my mind and get on with things.

Nowadays I try focus on what is working for me, my belly button is well cute.

Zooey
07-05-2016, 04:48 PM
After dropping 25lbs, I'm actually feeling decent about my body in general, so I definitely try to focus on that.

Mirya
07-05-2016, 11:21 PM
Cis women often have this problem too, do they not? Women of all types are bombarded by a nearly unattainable ideal of a perfect body, and all women are affected by that, both cis and trans.

While it's great to keep working to improve your look, I think it's also really important to find parts of yourself that are already beautiful and focus on them. Try not to dwell on the negatives (I know that's easier said than done).

KymberlyOct
07-05-2016, 11:41 PM
I can give very little advice except to those thinking about transition since I am so early in my process. That said, a friend of mine told me we will never be genetic women but we can be the best transwomen that we can be. I thought that was very good advice. I am working hard at setting reasonable expectations but being the best I can be.

Caden Lane
07-06-2016, 12:03 AM
I'm early into my transition as well, still waiting for my referral to an endocrinologist actually. But I do have some experience in body dysphoria. I lost two hundred pounds a few years ago, and every day I'd look in the mirror and not recognize the face staring at me. I never did hit my goal weight, but I was able to grow to like the face looking at me in the mirror despite it not being feminine. The key for me was to learn to like every change I saw in the mirror, so long as it was a positive change. Hang on to the little victories, stop obsessing about the negatives.

Ever & Always,
Cadence

OCCarly
07-08-2016, 06:44 PM
At my age I figured I would be lucky to get any femininity at all. I was shocked when I started growing bewbs and a hiney after only two weeks on hormones. The way I see it, anything I get from here (on hormones one month as of today) is a priceless gift from the gender fairy.

Rianna Humble
07-09-2016, 12:51 AM
Carly, that is amazing! Virtually no-one gets any visible changes after only 2 weeks! You must be one in a billion to have responded so well, so quickly!

Suzanne F
07-09-2016, 01:41 AM
Carly
That's the absolutely biggest lie I have encountered in the world today. That is saying a lot! If you need to exaggerate your feminine attributes find some other forum. We are trying to have intelligent conversations and share real information here.
Suzanne

KymberlyOct
07-09-2016, 02:06 AM
Carly
That's the absolutely biggest lie I have encountered in the world today. That is saying a lot! If you need to exaggerate your feminine attributes find some other forum. We are trying to have intelligent conversations and share real information here.
Suzanne

Thank you Suzanne !! Carly I doubt you have read Suzanne's story but she has went through A LOT to transition. I think her reaction was restrained. I am on the other end of the transition journey. My first appointment with the HRT doc is next month. Fortunately what I lack in experience I make up in some small degree with common sense.
I was going to call B.S. but didn't want to get into drama. But since Rianna and Suzanne have already done so, as someone starting this journey I appreciate the intelligent conversations and real information usually found on this forum. This group is a reasonable / forgiving bunch. If you keep your future comments genuine I am sure this posting will eventually be forgotten. Otherwise there is a site I can recommend - Fictionmania.

Eryn
07-09-2016, 02:19 AM
I've been on HRT for more than a year. I get discouraged at my progress, but then someone will call me ma'am or miss when I'm not wearing forms or makeup. Obviously I've made great progress, it's just not exactly where I imagined it would be.

becky77
07-09-2016, 05:19 AM
That's a very bold claim Carly, any picture evidence to back it up?

jentay1367
07-09-2016, 10:02 AM
bewbs and a hiney :facepalm:

tgirlamc
07-09-2016, 08:31 PM
prettygirl4... Self acceptance is a very large piece of the transition pie. It can also be one of the most challenging parts but once you get a handle on it... Everything else falls into place!

Take Care,

Ashley :)

PretzelGirl
07-10-2016, 04:13 PM
I started growing bewbs and a hiney after only two weeks on hormones.

Must have ate at a lot of buffets!